Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two amazing talents. They're hard to compare. But that muted white just catches the light better. Allows more detail in the sculpt to show. That's part of why I like it.

1719588861990-01.jpeg

Two amazing talents. They're hard to compare. But that muted white just catches the light better. Allows more detail in the sculpt to show. That's part of why I like it.

View attachment 710575
Heise's paint work on the white portion is better but I actually like John's work on the lip and scar area. A mix of the two would give the perfect blend.

At $180 though, the quality on the left is hard to beat. I think it's just a matter of Heise's white portion being more faded and not applied as heavily. Have John not apply as thick of a white coat on his version and you'll probably end up with a finish very similar to Heise's.

I can paint Ledgers make up well, I use the same paints as they do. The hurdles for me are painting realistic symmetrical eyes with depth and rooting and dying hair accurately to Ledger. It’s just a huge process every sculpt with everything they have to do, and very time consuming. I know if I tried to fully go at it I’d want to paint every bit exactly how it was each scene instead of just getting the gist of how his makeup looked.

I can paint Ledgers make up well, I use the same paints as they do. The hurdles for me are painting realistic symmetrical eyes with depth and rooting and dying hair accurately to Ledger. It’s just a huge process every sculpt with everything they have to do, and very time consuming. I know if I tried to fully go at it I’d want to paint every bit exactly how it was each scene instead of just getting the gist of how his makeup looked.
John does it according to scenes now and goes for the most accuracy as he can instead of just by make-up style.

I would love to see some of your work if you feel like sharing it Nick.

View attachment 710575
I think John has a lot of potential, for a $180 bucks it’s definitely not bad at all. Only thing I don’t really like about his work is the way he paints and roots the hair.

I would love to see some of your work if you feel like sharing it Nick.
I currently don’t have any blank sculpts to give a full go at it, personally don’t support recasts, so nothing completely my work yet. I am working on a Yixie Nancy 4.0 that was originally painted by Mike Yuan, the eyes and hairwork have already been done by others so I’m just working on the makeup.

But it's crazy how something that would have made me so happy 10 years ago, that was so overpriced on the secondary market, could amount to garbage now.

I do wish I could go back in time and gift myself that figure..

The Legendary DX11, it was an absolute grail when I started buying 1/6 scale figures.

Crazy how much better my Ledgers are right now... (And my photography skills)
My first one was a kitbash with a bootleg outfit and a supreme headsculpt.

1000009223.jpg

The stuff you rave/obsess about now will likely be obsolete in 10 years.

A decade is a long time.
That's probably true. But I think when it comes to Hot Toys in particular, the prices a figure can soar to is ridiculous. There's no reason a Hot Toys figure should be priced at triple its cost. It's just a toy after all. It hasn't got that far a shelf life, and it ages very quickly. Especially with an inevitable 2.0 just around the corner.

If it can make a kid's day to get a Dark Side Anakin for example, I would think that's a priceless act in itself.

I understand it's how the market works. But people are generally greedy as well. It's such a material world. We allocate so much importance to the most basic ****.

Look at these scalpers, once too proud to let go of their sealed figure to somebody who would have greatly appreciated it, now having a hard time off loading their stock.

Sad really...

Back