Help me decide - a thread for all indecisive Freaks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a massive 1:6 Star Wars collection soon collecting dust. All figures in my original display space will soon be packed back into their boxes. Going forward my display space will be severely limited. Contemplating wether to sell off all second-tier characters like Dooku, stormies, clones etc etc.. I don’t know the total numbers, but it is closer to 100 than 50 figures. So, a small fortune in monetary terms.

How would you, dear freaks, act in such a situation? Within five years I’m planning to clone some copies of myself, further restricting any hobby like this 1:6 collecting.
sell them and free yourself of materialism. keep a handful you really like.

yeah, sell that sht. If you're not a newb collector you know what you want to keep and what you don't.

sell them and free yourself of materialism. keep a handful you really like.
yeah, sell that sht. If you're not a newb collector you know what you want to keep and what you don't.
Thanks guys. Yes, all of this after all is just a sign of our chains to materialism. Quite sad when you think about it.

packing stuff and couldn’t find the box for Luke. Checked all my compartments to no avail. Then I suddenly felt urged to check a closet, where I found not only the box but two other hot toys figures. If one can forget something out of existence, it might be time to let it go.

Alrighty folks, if you could only choose one which would you pick?

IMG_1911.jpeg

Or

IMG_1912.jpeg

I can’t decide 😅

Thanks!

So, I'll start this thread off:

I am thinking of trimming down my pre-orders and would like some opinions on what to keep/drop to save some funds.
I'm also leaning more into a Quality over Quantity thing.
I am of the mind to keep all my Inart figures - the quality looks astounding
Same with the Van Helsing/Dracula set
Everything else is negotiable
My collection is pretty eclectic - but I have a bunch of Batman/villains stuff, LOTR, Horror, Spidey villains, Marvel, Sci-Fi etc....
Most of my collection can be seen here: lordnastrond's collection - in all its chaotic glory!
Though I have sold a few of these/added some since I took these pics, but it might give an idea.

I am thinking of doing this primarilly due to funds and some other pre-orders I am thinking of getting into
Namely I am looking at maybe adding a Spiderverse collection, the new Venom figure, the Feral Predator figure and the new John Wick

Current Pre-orders

• Inart Gandalf
  • Inart Pennywise [deluxe]
  • Inart Batman premium
  • Inart Aragorn premium
  • Inart Harry Potter deluxe
  • Inart Cavill Superman
  • Kaustik Plastik Hammer Horror Dracula/Van Helsing exclusive 2 pack
  • S-HERO SH001 1/6 Scale DOOM MONARCH
  • Kratos figure
  • Hot Toys Maguire Spiderman w Sandman
  • Mars Toys Mobster/Museum Joker
  • Hot Toys Batman Keaton deluxe set with Gargoyle
  • Mars Toys Carrey Riddler
  • Terminator 2 T1000 figure – Present Toys.
  • Mars Toys Frank Gorshin Riddler
  • David Lost Boys – Sideshow
  • 1/6 Sauron - Dragon Toys 'Dark Ruler'
  • Soosootoys SST-057 Mr.Ice [bathrobe Freeze]
  • Soosootoys Blade figure

Thoughts? Input?
Hello, Having read your thoughts and the pre orders list I say, less is more, the less you eventually have the more you see. Much luck in your quest, it is not an easy one.

Last edited:
Okay question for you all:

If you could only have one of the following which would it be?
I potentially only have the budget at the moment for only one of the below [I'm currently doing my budgeting]
- Inart Batman Rooted + Batsignal
- Inart Ron Weasley Rooted + diorama

- I was originally considering the Paul figure but I might wait and see if someone does the Part 2 look with the iconic blue eyes.

Okay question for you all:

If you could only have one of the following which would it be?
I potentially only have the budget at the moment for only one of the below [I'm currently doing my budgeting]
- Inart Batman Rooted + Batsignal
- Inart Ron Weasley Rooted + diorama

- I was originally considering the Paul figure but I might wait and see if someone does the Part 2 look with the iconic blue eyes.
Inart Batman Rooted + Batsignal

Welp, that time has come again.
Need help deciding my pre-orders.
A LOT of things I'm really interested in have recently been announced and I have pretty limited funds.
Just want your opinions on what figures you would recommend and prioritize over others.

So the ones I'm interested in:
- Jazzinc Catwoman [not sure which SKU but Pfeiffer and BR are some of my all-time faves and most wanted, I feel they are a bit overpriced which is the only thing thats stopped me making an order already]
- Inart Nazgul on Steed
- Inart Legolas [I feel it is very overpriced, but my original plan was to get the entire Fellowship, I have Gandalf and Aragorn and I love them]
- New Hot Toys Dr Doom
- New Hot Toys Venom [I already have a collection of Spidey villains: Goblin, Ock, Vulture, Mysterio - no Spidey yet]
- Batman Returns 2.0 figure deluxe
- Prey Feral Predator [been tempted to wait and see how it comes out]
- Sideshow Lost Boys David
- Sideshow Beetlejuice [if sculpt isn't a downgrade - got the HT on order for now]

Likely announcements soon I am very interested in:
- Kaustic Plastik Universal Monsters
- Asmus Thranduil
- Hot Toys T-1000
- Inart Monkey King Wukong
- Inart Snape
- Inart Dumbledore
- Inart Thorin
- Hot Toys Scarecrow 2.0 [if it comes with a really good Murphy sculpt]

Current pre-orders:
Inart Harry Potter deluxe – FULLY PAID
Artisan Jack Sparrow – FULLY PAID
Kaustic Plastik Hammer Horror Dracula/Van Helsing exclusive 2 pack
Inart Ron Weasley
Inart Hermione Grange
Hot Toys Battle Damaged Terminator 2.0
Present Toys T-1000 figure [plan was to cancel this depending on if HT go ahead with figure]
Hot Toys Wolverine deluxe [from Deadpool/Wolverine movie]
Worldbox Kratos figure
Hot Toys Beetlejuice
Mars Toys Frank Gorshin Riddler
Soosootoys Blade figure
108 Toys Lich King figure [pretty much already resolved myself to sacrificing this figure]

Last edited:
How big of a LOTR and Harry Potter fan are you?
Too much to where it’d be impossible to limit each to a trio of your choice?

Gandalf, Aragorn, and Legolas?
Harry, Ron, and Hermione?

Or are you able to stick to say
A Harry and Snape or Harry and Dumbledore and that’s it?
Or a Gandalf and Aragorn and that’s it?

Those two lines will run you dry if you commit, not only in display space but also in the wait times to see each completed, a ton of characters between those two properties.

Definitely cancel PT T-1000, HT will put their T-1000 up. They didn’t go through that effort to nail Robert Patrick, design a LED diorama base, along with including tons of accessories and a swappable outfit, to not.

Scarecrow can go either way in regards to a Murphy sculpt, though I’d say it’s likely it will have one since the lack of a straitjacket inclusion so far. Had this been a complete straitjacket look, I’d definitely say we wouldn’t get a Murphy sculpt.

Artisan Jack Sparrow - I want it, missed it.
So I’d keep that, great likeness, not to be beaten.

Cancel Feral, wait for an actual iconic Predator with great design.

Beetlejuice, are you getting the HT version as a placeholder or do you like the look?
If it’s just because you’re worried about SS version then I’d just either forget both or commission a custom sculpt.

@Nick D - great post and advice mate, much appreciated.
How big of a LOTR and Harry Potter fan are you?
Too much to where it’d be impossible to limit each to a trio of your choice?
Those two lines will run you dry if you commit, not only in display space but also in the wait times to see each completed, a ton of characters between those two properties.

I'm a huge fan, especially of LOTR - but you are absolutely right, they will bleed me dry if I go all in on both.
Gandalf, Aragorn, and Legolas?
Harry, Ron, and Hermione?

Or are you able to stick to say
A Harry and Snape or Harry and Dumbledore and that’s it?
Or a Gandalf and Aragorn and that’s it?
Great points, honestly if I ask myself, I have my favourites and they are not necessarily always the main characters
For LOTR its more difficult for me, I love them all and adore the movies and books, but Legolas is probably my least favourite member of the Fellowship [Gandalf and Aragorn are my #1 #2 favourites] in an ideal world I would have the entire Fellowship but as you point out that will get expensive fast. Honestly its side characters and especially villains who would be harder for me to resist, like for me right now the Nazgul on its steed is more tempting than Legolas especially considering the price points, likewise [depending on price] I think I would prefer Thorin Oakenshield over Legolas.
In terms of Fellowship figures a really well done Boromir would tempt me also, I am very happy with my Asmus Gimli, and I think I would want a Frodo to cover the three main storyarcs of the trilogy [Ringbearer/King/Wizard]
For Harry Potter, obviously Harry himself is a must... but as beautiful and tempting as the Hermione and Ron figures look... I also think its the side characters who I would want more, like Dumbledore and Snape and McGonnagal.
It would be galling cancelling them though considering the NRD price, so I think I will sit on those orders and see how my situation looks closer to their release.
Good points mate, and I agree - being a purist on these lines is just too much for a limited budget and you can represent the movies with just a few of the other characters if well chosen.
Definitely cancel PT T-1000, HT will put their T-1000 up. They didn’t go through that effort to nail Robert Patrick, design a LED diorama base, along with including tons of accessories and a swappable outfit, to not.
Yeah, thats an easy one to drop.
Scarecrow can go either way in regards to a Murphy sculpt, though I’d say it’s likely it will have one since the lack of a straitjacket inclusion so far. Had this been a complete straitjacket look, I’d definitely say we wouldn’t get a Murphy sculpt.
Good point, I also think the head is more likely with this one because the one on display had an empty mask, which would be an insane inclusion without an unmasked head, hoping its good - this is one I really dont need considering I have the original straightjacket look [ebay knock off - looks awesome] but its one that I would really like to have if done well.
Artisan Jack Sparrow - I want it, missed it.
So I’d keep that, great likeness, not to be beaten.
Awesome looking prototype, I hope you manage to join the waitlist.
This is an easier one to keep in terms of my lists as it is already fully paid off so I dont need to worry about the funds for that one going out at a bad time.
Cancel Feral, wait for an actual iconic Predator with great design.
Again, I think this might be the sensible advice I need to hear, I actually really loved the Prey movie and I really like the Feral Predator's mask and gadgets... but overall the design does leave much to be desired, the unmasked head for example is pretty bad, and the uncovered body is a bit too plain and makes the figure look a bit more toyish than I would like.
Good advice.
Beetlejuice, are you getting the HT version as a placeholder or do you like the look?
If it’s just because you’re worried about SS version then I’d just either forget both or commission a custom sculpt.
I like the HT figure as a package, the body and clothes weathering looks good, I like the accessories and I like the eye-popping sculpt, honestly I would be all-in on the HT Beetlejuice if it wasnt for the fact that the main sculpt just doesn't look like Keaton to me, from either film.
The Sideshow one is clearly overpriced and the package is as bare bones as it gets, but I was willing to buy it anyway because the proto sculpt looked great... but the videos I've seen of it so far are pointing towards a MAJOR downgrade from the proto.
If the financial situation improves, or if I am given a good price or can jump on a decently priced run I would consider getting a custom sculpt and putting it on the HT body.

Good advice and I appreciate the time you've taken mate!
What do you think re: the ones I'm interested in, any you think are a must or any you think I can skip?
You've helped me come to a decision re: Legolas, but what do you think re: Jazzinc Catwoman and the Nazgul on steed?

In regards to LOTR -

Though I grew up on the IP,
they just aren’t needed for me.

But, if I were to collect from the line,
My top picks never to change would be -

• Aragorn
  • Frodo
  • Sauron or a Nazgûl not both, too similar.
  • Gandalf
  • Saruman
IMO those five-six represent the trilogy perfectly.

You’d obviously need an Aragorn and Frodo,
as they both are LOTR.

I’m also with you on being
more of a fan of the villains.

If you feel Legolas is overpriced and not a character you long for, skip it entirely and don’t look back, that’s $600 saved.

The Steed doesn’t wow me at all given it’s not flocked for its asking price, at that point just buy a premium statue, I will always prefer materials to sculpted.
The base also leaves a ton to be desired,
I can’t get behind $700 for a lackluster base, no flocked Steed, and zero headsculpt, though I absolutely love the Nazgûl and its design.

In regards to HP -

• Harry
  • Malfoy (maybe)
  • Snape
  • Dumbledore
Scarecrow -

Great point about the empty sack mask, forgot about that, that guarantees a Murphy sculpt to be included.

Predator -
I need a Predator and Xenomorph also and I too am stuck trying to decide which to represent the characters.

Personally wasn’t a fan of either Prey or Romulus, but the HT Romulus Xeno looks really good, great paintapps. Ideally I’d prefer a Xeno from ALIEN instead.

Not really sold on the JH Predator yet,
depending on how that goes, may just buy the Wolf Predator 2.0 instead as I’ve loved that design since I was a kid even though I don’t care for the characters in that film.

Yes I’m on the waitlist for Artisan Sparrow,
the plastic standard dreads and bandanna doesn’t do it for me so it’s Artisan or bust I believe.

HT Beetlejuice -

The eye bulging sculpt is a great spectacle to have displayed, if you like it enough to buy it for that as the main sculpt then I’d say ok.

Otherwise I’m not really sure I see HT caring enough to alter the main sculpt as it’s old Keaton and not the popular choice.

JazzInc Catwoman -

Not worth it in the slightest to me, any SKU.

Not only do I not appreciate his lack of care in regards to QC (see 1989 Batmobile thread).

I’ll never spend that much on a suit that’s guaranteed to deteriorate, regardless of what him or others have to say about it.
It is not your typical cloth or body in any shape or form, it will evaporate eventually, do you need the character bad enough to deal with these problems in the future?

Something like Ledger Joker costume will NOT deteriorate, it will be there as long as the shirt in your closet is.

Comic Venom -

Best Venom to date and it isn’t close.
If you need a Venom and don’t care for the Hardy films, this or the game version are all we’re likely to see for some time, though they may offer a Hono version that’s more human like in terms of height and stature.
I’d choose this.

Cancel David, that sculpted hair came out the worse it possibly could’ve, completely wasted Yixie’s sculpt there. Maybe if you can throw rewards or something to knock it down $100 bucks then maybe.

Keaton Returns 2.0 -

I’m getting this, was able to knock $70 off so it’s a great deal to me. Will be the only Keaton representation in my collection, don’t need ‘89 or Bruce.

BD T-800 2.0 -

Also getting this, too good, too much detailing to pass up, iconic in every sense of the word. I’m leaning towards figures with tons of detail.

KP -
I’m very interested in their Eric Draven coming soon, will be buying that if the tailoring and likeness is there, rooted hair, genuine leather and glass eyes, what’s not to like. He’ll look fantastic next to the new Artfigures Artisan Edward Scissorhands I’m getting.

The monsters are ok but not the best paint.

In regards to LOTR -

Though I grew up on the IP,
they just aren’t needed for me.

But, if I were to collect from the line,
My top picks never to change would be -

• Aragorn
  • Frodo
  • Sauron or a Nazgûl not both, too similar.
  • Gandalf
  • Saruman
IMO those five-six represent the trilogy perfectly.

You’d obviously need an Aragorn and Frodo,
as they both are LOTR.

I’m also with you on being
more of a fan of the villains.

If you feel Legolas is overpriced and not a character you long for, skip it entirely and don’t look back, that’s $600 saved.

The Steed doesn’t wow me at all given it’s not flocked for its asking price, at that point just buy a premium statue, I will always prefer materials to sculpted.
The base also leaves a ton to be desired,
I can’t get behind $700 for a lackluster base, no flocked Steed, and zero headsculpt, though I absolutely love the Nazgûl and its design.

In regards to HP -

• Harry
  • Malfoy (maybe)
  • Snape
  • Dumbledore
Scarecrow -

Great point about the empty sack mask, forgot about that, that guarantees a Murphy sculpt to be included.

Predator -
I need a Predator and Xenomorph also and I too am stuck trying to decide which to represent the characters.

Personally wasn’t a fan of either Prey or Romulus, but the HT Romulus Xeno looks really good, great paintapps. Ideally I’d prefer a Xeno from ALIEN instead.

Not really sold on the JH Predator yet,
depending on how that goes, may just buy the Wolf Predator 2.0 instead as I’ve loved that design since I was a kid even though I don’t care for the characters in that film.

Yes I’m on the waitlist for Artisan Sparrow,
the plastic standard dreads and bandanna doesn’t do it for me so it’s Artisan or bust I believe.

HT Beetlejuice -

The eye bulging sculpt is a great spectacle to have displayed, if you like it enough to buy it for that as the main sculpt then I’d say ok.

Otherwise I’m not really sure I see HT caring enough to alter the main sculpt as it’s old Keaton and not the popular choice.

JazzInc Catwoman -

Not worth it in the slightest to me, any SKU.

Not only do I not appreciate his lack of care in regards to QC (see 1989 Batmobile thread).

I’ll never spend that much on a suit that’s guaranteed to deteriorate, regardless of what him or others have to say about it.
It is not your typical cloth or body in any shape or form, it will evaporate eventually, do you need the character bad enough to deal with these problems in the future?

Something like Ledger Joker costume will NOT deteriorate, it will be there as long as the shirt in your closet is.

Comic Venom -

Best Venom to date and it isn’t close.
If you need a Venom and don’t care for the Hardy films, this or the game version are all we’re likely to see for some time, though they may offer a Hono version that’s more human like in terms of height and stature.
I’d choose this.

Cancel David, that sculpted hair came out the worse it possibly could’ve, completely wasted Yixie’s sculpt there. Maybe if you can throw rewards or something to knock it down $100 bucks then maybe.

Keaton Returns 2.0 -

I’m getting this, was able to knock $70 off so it’s a great deal to me. Will be the only Keaton representation in my collection, don’t need ‘89 or Bruce.

BD T-800 2.0 -

Also getting this, too good, too much detailing to pass up, iconic in every sense of the word. I’m leaning towards figures with tons of detail.

KP -
I’m very interested in their Eric Draven coming soon, will be buying that if the tailoring and likeness is there, rooted hair, genuine leather and glass eyes, what’s not to like. He’ll look fantastic next to the new Artfigures Artisan Edward Scissorhands I’m getting.

The monsters are ok but not the best paint.
Awesome points, well made.
Thanks mate, You've given me a lot to think about!

Yeah no worries, I get it.

Better to spend this time now to really figure out what your priorities are, than to wait until next year when things begin to drop.

The way I figure out my collection is to make a list of everything I own and plan to own on the IPhone notes app.

First thing you need to do is -

Find a set number of figures to own for good and don’t adjust to allow for more for any reason.

My set number of collectibles when it’s all said and done after what I currently own and plan to will be no more than 25 total.

Number each character you have and plan to have, then go through that list, I do this almost daily. With them listed, and frequently visiting that list, you can really figure out which characters are absolute must haves.

Start looking at collecting as which figures you can’t possibly live without, only buy and or keep those. Pass and or sell the rest, you don’t need anything in your collection that you’re so so on.

If the paint apps are bad, get rid of it.
If the body is junk, swap it or get rid of it entirely. If the figure is just a placeholder, get rid of it.

At the end of it all, the goal is to curate your collection to where it’s almost impossible to sell anything.

Yeah no worries, I get it.

Better to spend this time now to really figure out what your priorities are, than to wait until next year when things begin to drop.

The way I figure out my collection is to make a list of everything I own and plan to own on the IPhone notes app.

First thing you need to do is -

Find a set number of figures to own for good and don’t adjust to allow for more for any reason.

My set number of collectibles when it’s all said and done after what I currently own and plan to will be no more than 25 total.

Number each character you have and plan to have, then go through that list, I do this almost daily. With them listed, and frequently visiting that list, you can really figure out which characters are absolute must haves.

Start looking at collecting as which figures you can’t possibly live without, only buy and or keep those. Pass and or sell the rest, you don’t need anything in your collection that you’re so so on.

If the paint apps are bad, get rid of it.
If the body is junk, swap it or get rid of it entirely. If the figure is just a placeholder, get rid of it.

At the end of it all, the goal is to curate your collection to where it’s almost impossible to sell anything.
Much respect to you and collectors like you who can keep things so streamlined.
I have... considerably... more than 25 figures in my collection.

It’s extremely easy to get caught in the web,
especially today when we have so many things to buy.

What has helped me keep a small number
is that for a number of years I only collected TDK stuff.

So I’m just now starting to branch out and pick up these other characters I’ve always been passionate about, but held off on.

Thankfully for myself, that decision has paid off so well. I don’t own any of these figures that are getting 2.0’d for the most part.

I’ve always wanted a T2 Arnold but didn’t want pleather or coke tab zippers throughout so telling myself to stick to TDK has spared me from a fortune spent on outdated product.

It’s extremely easy to get caught in the web,
especially today when we have so many things to buy.

What has helped me keep a small number
is that for a number of years I only collected TDK stuff.

So I’m just now starting to branch out and pick up these other characters I’ve always been passionate about, but held off on.

Thankfully for myself, that decision has paid off so well. I don’t own any of these figures that are getting 2.0’d for the most part.

I’ve always wanted a T2 Arnold but didn’t want pleather or coke tab zippers throughout so telling myself to stick to TDK has spared me from a fortune spent on outdated product.
Its a good idea, Im more of an eclectic collector - I have fantasy figures like LOTR and GOT, but also horror figures, vampire figures, alien + terminator + predator and other sci-fi, DC comics, Batman, MCU, Xmen, Spidey villains, Ancient Greek gods, Ancient Egyptian gods, Assassins Creed, Indiana Jones......
So yeah, it adds up.

Same. In the words of Darth Vader, it is....too late...for me son. Been collecting for 30 years or so and since 30 years ago I was 12 I didn't exactly start out with the most mature mindset. :lol

Back