Hobgoblin Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Hobby today and he is awesome...a very fantastic piece!

A question for those who purchased him...

I'm planning on leaving his 'smoke trail' piece unattached so he can fit better on my shelf...do you think that'll be okay?

Sideshow always scares the heck out of me with their single-point connecting statues, but it seems that his cape will provide enough to balance the piece.

What do you experts say?

You're right sm, I do too. He's too small to fit in that group in the same plane and it would look more awesome without him in there, jmho.

I got this the other day. It's awesome in person, I just wish it was 1/4.

I put him on a box for the time being. I'm not sure if I like it, but I want to try and make him look like he belongs to the group.
DSC03680.jpg

Quads....really digging your cabinets. Where did you buy these from? Great collection!!!!

Well i received my Hobgoblin comiquette yesterday and I knew I had received a bad one before it was even taken out of the box. The box was re-sealed with fedex tape. Apparently Fedex opened my statue to inspect it at customs and didn't even bother to put all the pieces back in the right compartment. I found the hood and one of the head pieces floating around in the box. The hood is broken and the head somehow managed to survive. The front of the glider is damaged as well, most likely due to the hood and head rolling around in the box. I was surprised the cape sustained no damage. Overall its a nice piece and I will again have to contact SS for a replacement hood and body. This is like the fourth statue I have received damaged in some way in the past few months.
Has anyone had their items inspected by customs in some way and received damaged pieces. Fedex didn't even bother to re-seal the styrofoam properly after taking out, the box was also damaged. So disappointed :(

Yeah I get some of my SS stuff checked but not very often and I have to say it is all put back very nicely each time. I expect SS will fix you up and Fedex cop the bill with a bit of luck.

Yeah I get some of my SS stuff checked but not very often and I have to say it is all put back very nicely each time. I expect SS will fix you up and Fedex cop the bill with a bit of luck.

Thanks buds, I really hope so. Otherwise I will send this item back for a refund. Not a real nice feeling having to destroy statues.

Well i received my Hobgoblin comiquette yesterday and I knew I had received a bad one before it was even taken out of the box. The box was re-sealed with fedex tape. Apparently Fedex opened my statue to inspect it at customs and didn't even bother to put all the pieces back in the right compartment. I found the hood and one of the head pieces floating around in the box. The hood is broken and the head somehow managed to survive. The front of the glider is damaged as well, most likely due to the hood and head rolling around in the box. I was surprised the cape sustained no damage. Overall its a nice piece and I will again have to contact SS for a replacement hood and body. This is like the fourth statue I have received damaged in some way in the past few months.
Has anyone had their items inspected by customs in some way and received damaged pieces. Fedex didn't even bother to re-seal the styrofoam properly after taking out, the box was also damaged. So disappointed :(

that sucks :monkey1

It's stories like this which, no offense, makes me kind of glad I don't live abroad in relation to this hobby of ours. I've heard nothing but nightmare stories about customs and with the higher cost of shipping, I don't see how anyone can afford this hobby when living out of the US.

No offense taken, it is what it is. It will always cost overseas collectors more for shipping but everyone in this hobby knows that. This isn't the first time I have received a damaged statue. I remember the first one and that hurt a lot, knowing I spent heaps of money on the item to have it arrived damaged or worse damaged by customs. Thats why I buy from Sideshow, for that added security that they will most of the time replace damaged items. Love their 40 day satisfaction policy.

No offense taken, it is what it is. It will always cost overseas collectors more for shipping but everyone in this hobby knows that. This isn't the first time I have received a damaged statue. I remember the first one and that hurt a lot, knowing I spent heaps of money on the item to have it arrived damaged or worse damaged by customs. Thats why I buy from Sideshow, for that added security that they will most of the time replace damaged items. Love their 40 day satisfaction policy.

That sucks bro, shipping to Oz is already crazy :(

Yup my black panther was roughed up and delivered to the wrong address. Appears customs held it and inspected ( I'm guessing because he is black... ). Anyways went thru the return process twice for a new body replacement.

Thanks buds, I really hope so. Otherwise I will send this item back for a refund. Not a real nice feeling having to destroy statues.

you get use to it after awhile, i've smashed quite a few over the years.:gah:

Yup my black panther was roughed up and delivered to the wrong address. Appears customs held it and inspected ( I'm guessing because he is black... ). Anyways went thru the return process twice for a new body replacement.

had a spidey vs hulk dio come in once and customs had open it up to apparently play football with the spidey on the pole piece. they put him back in the foam upside down, backwards and broken. there way even pieces missing that i never did find.:thud:

you get use to it after awhile, i've smashed quite a few over the years.:gah:

had a spidey vs hulk dio come in once and customs had open it up to apparently play football with the spidey on the pole piece. they put him back in the foam upside down, backwards and broken. there way even pieces missing that i never did find.:thud:

Thanks Quadcent, I'm off to destroy a Clone Trooper tonight :horror

Update, SSC is sending me replacement parts for my Hobgoblin. Only took two days for them to get back to me and send out me replacements :) Hopefully this time Fedex will leave my package alone so it arrives safe and sound.

I ordered this one back in May on flex pay and it finally came in last night. I was stoked to see that it was #13 :yess: but low and behold when I opened it the smoke trail coming off the back of the glider was broken in half. :monkey2 I sent an email to SS this morning to try and get a replacement part for it, I hope I can get one. :pray:

I ordered this one back in May on flex pay and it finally came in last night. I was stoked to see that it was #13 :yess: but low and behold when I opened it the smoke trail coming off the back of the glider was broken in half. :monkey2 I sent an email to SS this morning to try and get a replacement part for it, I hope I can get one. :pray:

congrats on the great piece, i'm sure ssc will be able to help you out since i haven't heard of a lot of problems with this one, so they should have replacement parts for ya.

You should be okay. Just be thankful that this is not the Spidey com or Thanos dio. Now those turned out to be return nightmares.

Back