1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor, that's correct.

It may be a small detail to some, but painfully obvious to anyone who appreciates and wants to see the differences. If you're buying just 1 fett, then yeah I guess the symbol doesn't matter, but if you're going through the trouble of making your Fett the best version it can be like a lot of us want to do with our figures and one of the main reasons we are here having these discussion, or maybe you're displaying an ROTJ here and an ESB there and now even a Proto over there, yeah this is unacceptable for the price we're paying. I don't mind issues we can't prevent, like a perfectly shaped helmet or perfectly blue dyed suit... but an incorrect skull symbol is a slap in the face. I don't want to get all hot and bothered here but it was unacceptable paying that premium format price and it's unacceptable paying these new 1/6 prices. Imagine buying an expensive sports figure an the team logo being inaccurate, or buying a fancy scale model car and emblem on the hood being inaccurate. It's just *****ty, and lazy. You put a nemrod scuba logo on the holster and you're telling me they just snoozed on the shoulder symbol? If you're doing the Proto Skull, you know there's a difference. So how did you miss it? It blows my mind. I could go on for days, it's just disappointing when you want your grail figure, especially one like Fett which is a favorite, just like Vader is, we spend our time here talking about it because we want it to be awesome. ESB was the one for me. I can switch my shoulders off my sideshow and port the us diver belt over, but what about all the other guys in the same seat as me who don't have the v2 to do this? Sucks for them, and I think it just sucks overall either way. Welp, guess we'll wait for the next one amiright guys lololol. Between Vader and Fett discrepancies they'll keep us collecting until the end of time. Jokes on us lolllllzzzzz0rz

But that's a fix for the v2 ESB Fett.... coming soon from Hot Toys! Yay!

That said, someone could make a killing with some correct decals.

yeah, but then all the trouble of having to mod the shoulder, gives me a headache just thinking about it. I try not to get into painting figures, I'm more likely to swap parts. But yeah it wouldn't be really hard to repaint or decal it if you wanna go down that road, just sucks you have to.

And yeah yeah it's just a "doll".... take a breath. But fuuuuh all the money we pay, can we pay a little more attention to details homies? This is literally one of the hall of fame top rookie mistakes for Fett along side incorrect color gauntlets, helmet killstripe color, and EE-3 version blaster between ESB and ROTJ. I know 10 year olds who have this dialed in better than the track history of these companies. Doesn't get any more rookie than this and we keep seeing it as a recurring theme. Good lord Vader save me from myself.

I don't mean to make a big deal for everyone who loves this figure or is trying to be stoked on what they purchased, for sure it is the best Fett figure released, be happy with it. You can look past it, for those of us that it really matters we'll find a way to mod it or swap it. Just a bummer man... simple oversight. It's like getting that combo meal and they forgot to put a straw in your bag, but you're not going back to the window now you're sipping from a cup without the lid one hand on the steering wheel cursing at yourself trying to put it back in the cup holder ****s spilling everywhere trying to get a bite of your big mac talking about that's why those idiots work there and then you drive off a cliff. It's exactly like that. Think about it. No big deal though. We'll be alright. When you're laying in bed at night thinking about your collecting, just whisper to yourself "I'm lovin' it".

Is the US diver belt on the SS V2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes it is.

I don't have the HT in hand, so not sure of what level modding it will require, but if you're selling your V2, you might as well strip it and give it a try anyways. When I get mine I'll definitely do some documenting of what I swapped and why, looks like there are several things that can be improved by simple swapping. Gotta give Sideshow some credit.

yes it is.

I don't have the HT in hand, so not sure of what level modding it will require, but if you're selling your V2, you might as well strip it and give it a try anyways. When I get mine I'll definitely do some documenting of what I swapped and why, looks like there are several things that can be improved by simple swapping. Gotta give Sideshow some credit.

No I used the SS V2 for the ESB and the HT is Proto. Shoot I didn’t even realize that. It must be under the red sash or something.

We need a list of what to take from the Sideshow.

Unfortunately I only have the v1 Sideshow Fett, so I'm not sure what its missing that came with the v2.

I did get the V2 chest armor and it`s by far better then the V1 was color wise. it`s a darker green then the crappy light Kermit the frog green. and they even made the wookiee braids better then they were on there V1.

Yeah, the v2 SS Fett is clearly better. But I wasn't about to double-dip with Sideshow and watch them make a v3.

Whatever parts I need are easy enough to get, just need to know what to get/swap.

I know the hands are better on the V2 color wise they went with white on the gloves as opposed to the original grey like the V1 and the new HT version has them I missed out on those V2 gloves but I did get the V2 rocket back pack though. I wonder if the MARMIT Boba fett flight suit is any good?

I really only got the HT Deluxe Version because I did have a SS V2. Kinda get the best of both worlds. I do love the HT version, esp the Proto parts.

I really only got the HT Deluxe Version because I did have a SS V2. Kinda get the best of both worlds. I do love the HT version, esp the Proto parts.

Can you explain what you mean by “the best of both worlds” by having this one and the SSC V2 please?

Can you explain what you mean by “the best of both worlds” by having this one and the SSC V2 please?

With parts I mean. I put the HT ESB head on SS V2 Body. I like the gauntlets and hands better plus the blue-ish flight suit.

With parts I mean. I put the HT ESB head on SS V2 Body. I like the gauntlets and hands better plus the blue-ish flight suit.

Ah I see thanks. I must admit the gloves on the HT version and the right gauntlet are let down. Does the HT helmet fit onto the SS V2 neck without any mods?

Ah I see thanks. I must admit the gloves on the HT version and the right gauntlet are let down. Does the HT helmet fit onto the SS V2 neck without any mods?

You have to get a shorter neck peg. Otherwise the neck is too long, makes him look like a giraffe a bit haha.

Back