Hot Toys BTTF Marty McFly figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's Back to the Future tonight, with a look at the Hot Toys Marty McFly figure. My initial assessment of this figure, from photos and what I'd seen at SDCC last summer, was not good. In hand, it's a different story - at least in some categories. You can find my review here:

Review and photos of Back to the Future Mary McFly sixth scale figure by Hot Toys

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Hey Mike... Great review! This is my first Hot Toys figure and I love it.

However in your things to watch out for section, I think you should warn people about those buttons on the clothing, to me it is the only negative thing about the figure. They are only hanging on there by a wish and a prayer.

Yes very good point about all his accessories being from early on in the movie, pointing towards the fact another Marty is in the pipeline. HT done that with some of their Terminator figs.

Really? Waist Grabber? That sucks...I didn't pull it out assuming it was the same as before (and I don't really use them).

Buttons - did you have some trouble, JJ? Mine seem pretty good, but I have heard of people having issues with other figures in the past.

Yeah I had one button pop off his life preserver even while handling him gingerly.

As the Italians say his buttons are quite fra-gil-e.

no crotch grabber works fine for Marty also could put board under him to raise if having problems my only complaint wish was sculpted neck.

Great review. If I may nitpick for a moment (which is not out of place at the Freaks); the "Walkman" cassette player isn't a Sony Walkman. It was produced by Aiwa.

1984 Aiwa Walkman - HS P02 mkII (10).jpg

no crotch grabber works fine for Marty also could put board under him to raise if having problems my only complaint wish was sculpted neck.
Yep I swapped out a crotch grabber from a different figure (my Black Widow from The Winter Soldier) and it works fine with Marty. The waist grabber was a pain to get around Marty's waist without messing up his suspenders or jacket/vest. I lost some buttons trying to get it around him but was able to glue them back in place with some fabric glue.

Great review! Wish the UK retailers would get their stock in already...can't stand the waiting!! :lol :impatient:

Great review. If I may nitpick for a moment (which is not out of place at the Freaks); the "Walkman" cassette player isn't a Sony Walkman. It was produced by Aiwa.

View attachment 190808

Ah, I do remember that being mentioned somewhere. THanks for the note - I'll update it when I get time.

Of course, you do know that just as people blow their nose with Kleenex and use the Xerox machine, there was only a Walkman. :D

Ah, I do remember that being mentioned somewhere. THanks for the note - I'll update it when I get time.

Of course, you do know that just as people blow their nose with Kleenex and use the Xerox machine, there was only a Walkman. :D

Haha. Fair enough. At parties we drink from Solo cups. And here in the South people want to call any brand/flavor soda "Coke.":lol

Last edited:
Back