Hot Toys Clone Commando Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Woke Warrior
CF Supporter
Reaction score
1722019521997.png

1722019551350.png

https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/clone-commando-sixth-scale-figure

Got imperial, hopefuly snag scorch, but might pass on this one, just too plain. Was hoping for a named clone commando if anything.

There's no justification for that abomination. It's inaccurate and the white hurts my eyes. This is an oversized hasbro knock off.

I would say I would have appreciated a version based on EA's BF2 armor but that would require a new mold and HT is always looking to recycle parts.
Hunter (base armor) = Imperial Commando, Scorch and now Clone Commando.

This may confirms my theory. The day HT creates Wolffe's helmet soon they will also announce Neyo.
And now HT has the Airborne Trooper helmet soon they will announce a new Purge Trooper (based on Jedi Fallen Order).

Well this is what I was waiting for, though hopefully this is a particularly early prototype - the 'ears' on the helmet really need paining dark grey like on the Imperial Commando, they shouldn't be white. Hopefully they'll at least correct that since they've done it before. Glad he's not quite completely shiny and has some scuffs and wear, but would like him a bit more worn ideally. Hopefully he comes with a decent amount of accessories.

So close @jaztermareal , so close.

Better brave yourself for the inevitable buff republic commando.
So far HT have done 3 inaccurate repaints of the base Hunter armour, I think that is a good indication that no buff Commandos are coming in the near future. When Delta Squad happens it will be Hunter repaints galore. I pray I am wrong.

Looking at Scorch and this one I do wonder if they slightly widened the bicep armour or if it is just an illusion due to angle of shoulder pads and the paint scheme. Hmmmm...

Anyway, I don't mind a clean white Commando at all, but the animated Hunter armour design has insufficient panel lines/depth to make it look good. If they are going with this style of inaccurate armour at least make it nice and glossy for a proper "shiny" look more reminiscent of a stormtrooper. A more scuffed up and matte veteran reg down the line would be ok but what I really really want is proper chonky commandos. If HT can do them I can just pretend the Empire issued skinnier armour when they took over (despite the design for republic and imperial commandos being identical on screen in the cartoon, we can pretend they forgot to update the model for the show).

Back