Hot Toys Clone Commando Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see the reg up, and not as an exclusive.

Now, if HT can just give us more accurate game/book version commandos...

Hopefully Bad Batch line gets some Gen 1 TK's, gen 1 TK pilot, Tarkins gen 1 TK shock trooper, Imp Crosshair, Imp Cody, plain clone pilot, close assassin etc. Also, for The Clone Wars line a clone force 99 recruit Echo would be awesome

Same here. Do I really need a HT one when I have two custom whities coming?
I've looked over the pictures of this one again and I'm not a fan of the clean white look for these guys so I've decided to pass on it.
I now this might be true to the source material, but for me these guys should be more weathered and look like they have been in multiple battles.

I think just in terms of display, the plain reg clone HT did (they didn't do a shiny yet, dunno why people keep calling the reg a shiny), this plain commando and maybe the ANH or ROTJ storm trooper in a line up might look pretty cool.

As for the figure itself, for me it is still mostly a Hunter retool so not a proper clone commando but imagined as an inferior Imperial clone commando it can work I guess. Shame it doesn't include scorch's DC15 commando pistol, would have made for a nicer set.

I think having this basic commando be a regular release is great for collectors as it means cheaper and easier to get and squad build but it may hurt sales somewhat due to lack of fomo. Had this been labeled exclusive folk would be clamouring to get one. As a reg release folk will be happy to sit on it and instead use funds for other releases until it gets waitlisted then they will ask "anyone still got it available to PO?" . I can see PO numbers for it being low leading to lower than expected production. Hopefully I am wrong because I want everyone who wants one to get one.

Will I get it? I guess I will, maybe 2 if they get cheap later. If HT do proper chonky commandos I will be more excited.

Likely picking up a couple to flank Scorch and the Imperial Commando. I might wait for actual release though. Volume of Star Wars figures coming from Hot Toys lately is becoming unbearable. Tough choices will have to be made very soon.

Back