Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no doubts the sculpt will be tweaked. Its not perfect as is boys. And no I can't land an airplane, but I do have 20/20 vision and this sculpt is not perfect.

T2_T1000_PR9.jpg

Is it me or do the hook attachments look a bit cheap? Great figure through and through but after looking at the picture it looks more so like he has his hands in there like they're some sort of lifting and hauling tools in some factory. Yeah your supposed to see passed that but it stills hits me as false. A fix of this would probably be much more complicated so I don't think this would be an area of modification for HT before the actual release. Just my 2 cents is all!

Because of this figure I will be adding Terminator 2 to the budding collection---T-1000, T-800(or a T-800 DX) here I come!!!

I don't really like the way Sideshow paints many of the headsculpts and the body and clothing made him look too big, but the sculpt on the T-1000 from Sideshow was really good in my opinion.

yeah, better than ht even. i see more patrick in sideshow's version. i don't want to, but i do. yes, ht's version is a better sculpt of somebody other than patrick than sideshows actual sculpt of patrick but still it doesn't look like patrick all that much, and thats a problem.

i would call alot of you nuts for seeing patrick in this ht patrick sculpt, but i won't for fear of ridicule for not possibly seeing patrick the way you see patrick. so i'm just going to shut up, lie and say "yup, thats patrick alright", because in the end it doesn't really matter if it looks like patrick or not because we just all want a really cool t-1000. :monkey3

I don't know how the hook arms (or blade arm) could be improved. When working on mix media figures, having a seemless transition from a plastic (or metal as the specs would indicate) to cloth is impossible. I think this looks much better than Sideshow's attempt at painting some silver on a cloth sleeve. At least a sculpted arm can be painted to match the clothing better than clothing can be to match the sculpted material. In the end, as long as you get some wrinkles in that area, I think it could blend in quite nicely.

And remember, RP was just wearing these over his hands too. So if it looks like that, its because thats how it was :lol

And I'd guess this method of blending the hook to the cloth was the same thing they used for the actual prop arms.

While the features could probably be closer, I think one thing hurting the likeness for people is the exaggerrated texture of the proto sculpt, which is often and issue with HT figures and will look fine in production. Patrick's skin looked very smooth, especially the way it was often lit in T2, added creepiness to him, so seeing this uber texture face looks wrong for him.

I think the blade arms need to be a little more shiny like the bullet shots. But apart from an extra head, I think the figure needs a John Connor picture accessory.......The Galleria?

Its looking like I want 3 of these. Well I'd rather 4 but the cost at 3 is already huge.

With '#' denoting an individual MMS 129 purchase

#1 to create Pescadero T-1000 using the healing head and hook arms. Has option for bullet damage

out of same figure I'd create Biker T-1000 using regular headsculpt, an additional True-type to be bought for use with the biker outfit. I'd use the sideshow vest and undershirt with it, even just cut-outs from same if they are too bulky, to attach underneath the HT biker jacket. The spare belt would come from another T-1000 purchase. Biker would have option to use either submachine gun or sword arm

two figures from first purchase

#2 to create Galleria T-1000 with options for bullet hits, using the pistol or dramatic running poses...or walking and scanning mall in intimidating fashion

this would leave a few spare parts including entire biker outfit, the weaponised arms and hand and also a healing headsculpt

#3 to create Steel Mill T-1000. He would use the trousers and boots from the biker outfit, have the option for the donut head (if I can get it), bullet hits, stabbing finger or the wagging finger hand.

leftover parts from this purchase would include the biker helmet and jacket, patrol cop trousers and shoes, the weaponised arms, the healing headsculpt etc.

Very well thought out, I will (If I can get the donut head) go for all 4 looks. I figure we'll end up with a potential 4 T-800 scenarios so why not 4 T-1000's too.

Its looking like I want 3 of these. Well I'd rather 4 but the cost at 3 is already huge.

With '#' denoting an individual MMS 129 purchase

#1 to create Pescadero T-1000 using the healing head and hook arms. Has option for bullet damage

out of same figure I'd create Biker T-1000 using regular headsculpt, an additional True-type to be bought for use with the biker outfit. I'd use the sideshow vest and undershirt with it, even just cut-outs from same if they are too bulky, to attach underneath the HT biker jacket. The spare belt would come from another T-1000 purchase. Biker would have option to use either submachine gun or sword arm

two figures from first purchase

#2 to create Galleria T-1000 with options for bullet hits, using the pistol or dramatic running poses...or walking and scanning mall in intimidating fashion

this would leave a few spare parts including entire biker outfit, the weaponised arms and hand and also a healing headsculpt

#3 to create Steel Mill T-1000. He would use the trousers and boots from the biker outfit, have the option for the donut head (if I can get it), bullet hits, stabbing finger or the wagging finger hand.

leftover parts from this purchase would include the biker helmet and jacket, patrol cop trousers and shoes, the weaponised arms, the healing headsculpt etc.

I WANT YOUR LEFT-OVERS! :lol

A friend was just talking out this same plan. Definitely 4 good looks, and all completely different.

If one can get an extra body, there's an easy TWO figures right out of the same box (less an extra cop belt).

Even though we're not getting a Todd head, a carton of milk would be such a badass accessory.

Also, did I read this incorrectly, or is the TT for this a different slim than the standard?

Insane? Hell no! Us Terminator nuts need our fix and buying a 2 in 1 figure for the same price as Arnie and Sarah makes it all possible. :yess:

Hehe if everything goes to plan I should have 10 T2 figures on display of only 3 characters :lol

:panic:

Back