1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do agree that the HS for this figure could have been better. I'd qualify it as "good enough." Not horrendous like some of those ridiculously large eyed Bale DX figures. But not great. The costume from the neck down is top-notch and this represents Cap as he appeared in the movie's finale alongside Falcon and against TWS. It's the only "costume" he wore against WS and there's no way I'm passing up the option to display him with Falcon, WS, or both.

My dream figure from this movie is Stealth Cap. I love that costume and the HT figure so much.

BUT...if you think about it this may be the only chance at a GA Cap we'll have in the foreseeable future. Hasbro never made GA Cap. Sideshow picked Stealth for their PF. Gentle Giant chose Stealth as well. This is our one and only chance to own a high (and apparently low) end GA Cap right now and I'm not letting it go.

Really disapointed in this.
The costume looks like those padded children super heroes costume. Weird proportions and the head well really missed imo.

US Collectors with GA Cap on preorder: "HS could be better but still cool all around, can't wait!"

Non-US Collectors/US Collectors on the wait list: "Looks awful! Terrible HS! Pants are too tight! Shoulders too puffy! It sucks, Cap sucks, TWS sucks. I would never buy this if I were in the US or if I actually was lucky enough to preorder it before it sold out."

You forgot about the guys who cancelled their order, because a bad head sculpt is unacceptable at this price point. Might as well buy a Hasbro figure if your okay with having a figure that looks nothing like the character in the film.

You forgot about the guys who cancelled their order, because a bad head sculpt is unacceptable at this price point. Might as well buy a Hasbro figure if your okay with having a figure that looks nothing like the character in the film.

Oh I forgot to add: "Looks like a Hasbro figure! Pass!"

Thanks for the reminder. ;)

US Collectors with GA Cap on preorder: "HS could be better but still cool all around, can't wait!"

Non-US Collectors/US Collectors on the wait list: "Looks awful! Terrible HS! Pants are too tight! Shoulders too puffy! It sucks, Cap sucks, TWS sucks. I would never buy this if I were in the US or if I actually was lucky enough to preorder it before it sold out."

Scalpers and Flippers that horded pre-orders around the world:

"SUCKAS!"

This thing is going to pass around more than the table salt when it gets to North America. Just like the Avengers Mark VI Promo. :lol

Booker-T._crop_exact.jpg

And dont forgot guys like me who never pre-order and there was allways the chance to pre-order it direct in germany to my shop or maybe in belgium. :yess:

Just happy with the TWS 2-Pack. :hi5:

I don't understand the Non-US Collectors part of your post. I have this on pre-order with SS and I don't live in US?
:dunno

What I find odd is that Hot Toys is releasing multiple versions of the same character from the same movie, yet thought it was a good idea to have different sculptors for them. Even before we talk quality, consistency would be nice. If I pose all three figures together, I don't want them to look like completely different actors. Not that I think the h/s is that far off, but still...

:exactly: Agree 100%. Bit of consistency would be nice.

I'm on the wait list and I don't think he looks like crap at all and I loved TWS. I'm kicking myself for passing him over at the time he went up for PO.

Back