1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand Tailoring has nothing to do with metal. I guess my point was I see that Endgame figure overall as a drastically cheaper looking product. Except it wasn't cheaper, it was more expensive. Not just weight, you can see just looking at them. (Aside from the head sculpt)

I know some have concerns about the joints. Why not just give the figure ratchet joints, they've done that before on human type bodies. Obviously different characters lend themselves better to diecast than others, but it shouldn't be abandoned entirely.

These figures are supposed to be high end collectibles but I see them taking steps backwards/cutting corners more frequently (Moon Knight in particular) Or relying heavily on cardboard, like the Classic Spiderman backdrop (Which was already torn right out of the box) And DX figures barely distinguishing themselves from a regular release.

I understand Tailoring has nothing to do with metal. I guess my point was I see that Endgame figure overall as a drastically cheaper looking product. Except it wasn't cheaper, it was more expensive. Not just weight, you can see just looking at them. (Aside from the head sculpt)

I know some have concerns about the joints. Why not just give the figure ratchet joints, they've done that before on human type bodies. Obviously different characters lend themselves better to diecast than others, but it shouldn't be abandoned entirely.

These figures are supposed to be high end collectibles but I see them taking steps backwards/cutting corners more frequently (Moon Knight in particular) Or relying heavily on cardboard, like the Classic Spiderman backdrop (Which was already torn right out of the box) And DX figures barely distinguishing themselves from a regular release.
On the point of endgame cap feeling cheap overall we can agree. HT are cutting a lot of corners very often. I just disagree that plastic is cutting corner compared to metal. It all depends on what it is used for. For example: HT stupidly use fragile clear plastic for joints in shoulders of iron man figures such as the tiny piece that holds the shoulder pads. That is a piece that absolutely should be metal for durability. If HT used metal in such places it would be a step up in quality. But instead they make a bunch of panels metal so they can charge a premium and use clear plastic for those joints i mentioned resulting in flaking paint and broken joints that we then have to turn to painters and 3D printed replacement parts to fix. That is bad quality. An almost completely plastic figure with metal used at key points for durability is much better quality than a diecast figure in general.

Diecast is just used as a gimmick. It reminds me of 3D movies where when implemented sparingly and with the use of actual 3D cameras during filming gives a film a sense of depth and immersion. But instead of doing that most studios use it as a marketing gimmick, converting 2D to 3D digitally and inserting theme park ride style "stuff jumping at you" scenes rather than writing a good story. All the while of course charging a premium for it. Same principle. And just like the 3D craze, the diecast craze will die out as a gimmick rather than live as a feature

Mine shipped FedEx. What is that about? I’ve never had a sideshow ship FedEx. I can’t wait for it to arrive in twenty pieces.

For anyone still on the fence about upgrading.

742ACA92-196A-4981-907B-A7AAC809362A.jpeg

Jango arrives Thursday for me.

Between Anakin, Maul and Prime 1 Nightwing last week, Sideshow PF Ahsoka 2 weeks ago and HT Ahsoka a few weeks ago..it has been an expensive 4-5 weeks for me.

After Jango though, next up is Echo and Hunter, and god knows when they'll come out at this point.

Back