Hot Toys The Acolyte Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show’s a CW quality teen/gen z targeted front runner. Only thing making it SW are the lightsabers and Jedi label. That’s it. And you don’t need Jedi to make a good SW story, look at R1. Solo was similar, other than names and familiar face (Chewie and Maul) it wasn’t SW to me.

Yeah ‘Solo’ was SUCH AN UNNECESSARY movie whose only purpose was to satisfy Lawrence Kasdan’s ego and misplaced ownership of the Han character.

“mmmm, Han…Solo…”

🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

The show isn't really any worse than any of the other live action SW shows, except Andor and Mando 1+2.

Qimir has shown more skill and intrigue than BOBF Cad Bane, any of the Kenobi Inquisitors, or that snoozefest ahsoka Thrawn TBH and those guys got figures.

Hot Toys The Acolyte Figures?

View attachment 710523
Part of me would LOVE for Howard and HT to only make a figure of the badass male Stranger/Qimir character and ignore all the witches, the twins, Zucchini Jedi, etc., just so we could see the steam come out of LH's ears. But then she'd probably end up with a slice of the proceeds so I still wouldn't buy him. :lol

The show isn't really any worse than any of the other live action SW shows, except Andor and Mando 1+2.

Qimir has shown more skill and intrigue than BOBF Cad Bane, any of the Kenobi Inquisitors, or that snoozefest ahsoka Thrawn TBH and those guys got figures.
True but all of those characters benefited from having been introduced and developed in TCW so there was a built-in customer base who were pining for live action figure versions. Even when their live action versions fell short of expectations (Grand Inquisitor?) it likely didn't put off too many of those fans. Given that Qimir is the only character in this entire show written with any depth, complexity and intrigue it's likely (barring an amazing turnaround in the last 3 episodes) that Howard will steer well clear of this project.

How long did HT take to reveal the live action One Piece figures? As soon as the series aired? Or before that?

Trying to gauge if there’s a chance figures from this show are still in play.

I wish The Book Of Boba Fett was forgettable. I still remember way too much...

I’m feeling the Prequel effect creeping on me. After watching Ashoka, Obi Wan Kenobi, Acolyte (what we have seen so far) and Mandalorian season 3, I rewatched The Book of Boba Fett and there is more Star Wars in that show than any show that followed (Sand monster scene, Sand people train scene, cute kitchen scene, Rancor scene, slave one scene, chase through the city scene, look of aliens (ie mayor) etc. BOBF is a fun watch. While I would agree that there is more cringe in TBOBF than story they do string together sequences that are “Star Wars”. I love the little rat catcher droid scene and including it at the end.
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.22.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.22.04 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.23.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.24.04 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.24.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.25.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.26.47 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.27.09 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.27.37 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 1.28.15 PM.png

Well I'm liking the show, so I'd get a few of these. Sol, Qimir/The Master, Osha & Mae, Jecki. and even Yord.
IDK, with a 14% audience score I think Howard probably considers this another ST and will either skip it entirely or make the bare minimum # of figures (& only if he's contractually obligated). I don't see too many people wanting those last four (especially at HT prices), with Sol & Qimir being the only ones that might generate something approaching a wider appeal. But hey, maybe they stick the landing with this show and Howard decides to go all in. Stranger things have happened. Not in my lifetime, but I'm assuming lol...

How long did HT take to reveal the live action One Piece figures? As soon as the series aired? Or before that?

Trying to gauge if there’s a chance figures from this show are still in play.

In most cases, Disney provides reference material well in advance of the show, to give them time to produce merch. I'm sure they wanted to keep The Stranger under wraps. So, it would probably be at minimum a few more weeks for them to bang out a prototype, get it approved and all that ... if it happens.

In any case, I doubt a proto would be ready by the finale, and if it's not done by then, people will start to forget and move on to the next thing. It's probably not worth it. But then again, this is the company that made Kuill and a Blurrg, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I have zero interest in, so it's really hard to predict.

I’m feeling the Prequel effect creeping on me. After watching Ashoka, Obi Wan Kenobi, Acolyte (what we have seen so far) and Mandalorian season 3, I rewatched The Book of Boba Fett and there is more Star Wars in that show than any show that followed (Sand monster scene, Sand people train scene, cute kitchen scene, Rancor scene, slave one scene, chase through the city scene, look of aliens (ie mayor) etc. BOBF is a fun watch. While I would agree that there is more cringe in TBOBF than story they do string together sequences that are “Star Wars”. I love the little rat catcher droid scene and including it at the end.View attachment 710628View attachment 710629View attachment 710630View attachment 710631View attachment 710632View attachment 710633View attachment 710634View attachment 710635View attachment 710636View attachment 710637
Sure there are some good creature designs and ideas in there, but for every fresh looking thing they managed to serve up, there were at least two crappy ones right on its tail. Also, there were lots of repurposing of old stuff that had already been done better before. The biggest fail though is the fact they turned Boba Fett into a blabbering softie and had him lose his helmet for the majority of the show. I get they didn't want to repeat the Mandalorian trope, but then they should've made it about some other bounty hunters instead. I.m.o. Boba works best as a mysterious and dynamic side character and not this static/predictable governor type lead. I also believe they already gave us just about everything we needed from him in Mando season 2...

There isn't really a backlash against this show. It's a grossly magnified online thing, muddied in large part by people who haven't watched it or were never planning to watch it. The 14% score is utter nonsense for instance.

What speaks more are the numbers of viewers and it's doing really well in spite of the absurd noise around it. The good buzz still manages to permeate the manufactured outrage. It's definitely not DOA. Andor actually had pretty low viewship, which may have played a part in its low merchandise output even now (Lego has just one set for it for instance).

I like the show so far, but whether I'd get a Hot Toy figure is a difficult question. I think Sol is one of the best Jedi characters we've ever had but I'm not sure I'd want to spend $300 on a figure. If we got Ahsoka-level quality sculpts for Acolyte (I have no interest in Ahsoka, but they just look so well done) I'd consider it more but Hot Toys standard is all over the place these days.

😖😖this bums me out.

Again, I haven’t seen it, but the clips I’ve seen so far does have me curious.

Some of things I’ve heard, such as the twins birth doesn’t sit well with me…but other complaints I feel are a bit overblown considering the show is set up to be a murder mystery and the story hasn’t concluded yet.

More importantly, I do want the show to be successful enough so I, an American born Chinese, can have my Asian Jedi and Sith 1/6 figures 😁😁

When you get to it, you'll be able to see for yourself, when it comes to this show, it is probably best to see for yourself.

Sol has been fantastic, and I do wish we could of gotten an actor and character of his quality in another show or era.

IDK, with a 14% audience score I think Howard probably considers this another ST and will either skip it entirely or make the bare minimum # of figures (& only if he's contractually obligated). I don't see too many people wanting those last four (especially at HT prices), with Sol & Qimir being the only ones that might generate something approaching a wider appeal. But hey, maybe they stick the landing with this show and Howard decides to go all in. Stranger things have happened. Not in my lifetime, but I'm assuming lol...

Lets all be real here, that 14% audience score is filled with a ton of people who didn't watch the show and don't plan on it. I have tons of issues with it, but the 14% rating is a joke.

There isn't really a backlash against this show. It's a grossly magnified online thing, muddied in large part by people who haven't watched it or were never planning to watch it. The 14% score is utter nonsense for instance.

What speaks more are the numbers of viewers and it's doing really well in spite of the absurd noise around it. The good buzz still manages to permeate the manufactured outrage. It's definitely not DOA. Andor actually had pretty low viewship, which may have played a part in its low merchandise output even now (Lego has just one set for it for instance).

I like the show so far, but whether I'd get a Hot Toy figure is a difficult question. I think Sol is one of the best Jedi characters we've ever had but I'm not sure I'd want to spend $300 on a figure. If we got Ahsoka-level quality sculpts for Acolyte (I have no interest in Ahsoka, but they just look so well done) I'd consider it more but Hot Toys standard is all over the place these days.
When you get to it, you'll be able to see for yourself, when it comes to this show, it is probably best to see for yourself.

Sol has been fantastic, and I do wish we could of gotten an actor and character of his quality in another show or era.

Lets all be real here, that 14% audience score is filled with a ton of people who didn't watch the show and don't plan on it. I have tons of issues with it, but the 14% rating is a joke.

when people complain about how a character cut her hair with a lightsaber, of how certain characters are behaving a certain way, or how one thing happened that doesn’t mesh with what happens later, despite the show hasn’t reached its conclusion yet…yeah I don’t take them seriously. They’re complaining just for the sake of complaining and lost whatever point they tried to make as well as dragging those with legitimate critiques down with them.

I’ll definitely watch it when it comes out on 4K and form my opinion then. All I can hope for is they stick the landing.

I think figures will come out.
Despite everything the series has lightsabers and this makes a figure attractive for collectors.
Usually criticism from a certain part of the community does not matter, for example despite everything that was said against Obi-Wan tv series, HotToys made figures.
The Acolyte (Black Series) helmet is now sold-out.

What boggles the mind is that there is no figures yet from Andor. None!

That show and the movie it's built on Rogue one is in my opinion the only great star wars content from mouse house save Mando, and it seems season 2 will tie the show closer to the movie. If they pull it off, it's worth getting some rotten peas now and then if it means we get some actually great stuff every leap year or so. I loved R1 and Andor s1, and the not so great other productions I just watch and forget, while now having Andor and R1 to enjoy with the original trilogy. And I guess, somewhat also the prequels and clone wars.

Too bad we have to wait and wade through so much more bantha doodoo between good stuff.

What boggles the mind is that there is no figures yet from Andor. None!

That show and the movie it's built on Rogue one is in my opinion the only great star wars content from mouse house save Mando, and it seems season 2 will tie the show closer to the movie. If they pull it off, it's worth getting some rotten peas now and then if it means we get some actually great stuff every leap year or so. I loved R1 and Andor s1, and the not so great other productions I just watch and forget, while now having Andor and R1 to enjoy with the original trilogy. And I guess, somewhat also the prequels and clone wars.

Too bad we have to wait and wade through so much more bantha doodoo between good stuff.
The problem with Andor is that it was Andor.
Andor was not a controversial kind of "you hate or love it" series (Obi-Wan - Ahsoka)... nor was it an expected series (Book of Boba Fett)... neither was a series liked by most of the community (The Mandalorian)
It was a series that a large part of the community ignored because it was boring and does not have much visual spectacle to offer. Also HotToys thinks about figures that could please the asian market.

Back