Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0443.JPEG

I went for mostly clean for mine, that chrome dome always catches my eye in the display.

If I have both the v1 and v2 suits, which do you suggest soaking to get more of the dark brown color?

Also, anyone tried removing the wire from the cape or at least around the neck on V2?

Had to set him up, very impressed with all the options this has, virtually every look of season 2 is covered. Great figure but man that holster strap for the pistol was fiddly! The bike will be my next purchase for sure

Attachments

• 20240818_061247.jpg
    20240818_061247.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240816_154247.jpg
    20240816_154247.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
If I have both the v1 and v2 suits, which do you suggest soaking to get more of the dark brown color?

Also, anyone tried removing the wire from the cape or at least around the neck on V2?

V1 will have more of the brown color than the V2, gotta do about 6-8 cycles of soaking imo. I used a tiny bit of laundry soap each time

V1 will have more of the brown color than the V2, gotta do about 6-8 cycles of soaking imo. I used a tiny bit of laundry soap each time
Thanks, did my first and didn't see a ton. How long do you soak for? Do you have to swoosh it around or just leave it?

Thanks, did my first and didn't see a ton. How long do you soak for? Do you have to swoosh it around or just leave it?

I did about 30 min sessions and yeah I scrunched the clothes up and moved them around a bit to try and get some more dye out.

I did about 30 min sessions and yeah I scrunched the clothes up and moved them around a bit to try and get some more dye out.
Cool thanks!

Putting mine together now, it's a bit more brown for sure. I could do more but honestly good enough for me lol.

The figure came with a little silver clip with a brown thread on it, anyone know what that is for? I have the standard not the dx.

Cool thanks!

Putting mine together now, it's a bit more brown for sure. I could do more but honestly good enough for me lol.

The figure came with a little silver clip with a brown thread on it, anyone know what that is for? I have the standard not the dx.
It's to put over his neck and you clasp the Beskar spear on it. So it's hanging on his back.

Got some of the grey out of the suit, enough that it I can tell it's brown in brighter lighting so I'm happy. Brought the shoulder pads in a little and swapped with the custom thigh plate I had from s1 mando. Might swap the belts at some point, having a hard time getting the holder to sit like the other one is.

Also debating taking the wire out of the cape, I have an extra tattered cape from the durasteel mando release from toy anxiety i got a long time ago, i think it's just a bit long.

Happy for now, though - really happy with it compared to the S1 mando

No description available.

Got my refinished armor pieces back from my friend, Rob. Flight suit and right thigh armor repainted by me. Now I just want to tone down the yellow on the gloves and I've ordered a custom Pascal sculpt, but it'll be quite a while before I have that.

View attachment 631678
Do you remember what paints you used on the thigh piece?

Got some of the grey out of the suit, enough that it I can tell it's brown in brighter lighting so I'm happy. Brought the shoulder pads in a little and swapped with the custom thigh plate I had from s1 mando. Might swap the belts at some point, having a hard time getting the holder to sit like the other one is.

Also debating taking the wire out of the cape, I have an extra tattered cape from the durasteel mando release from toy anxiety i got a long time ago, i think it's just a bit long.

Happy for now, though - really happy with it compared to the S1 mando

No description available.

What brown dye did you use on your Mando? I’m looking at doing this as well. And good call on the Durasteel cape for v2 beskar!

What brown dye did you use on your Mando? I’m looking at doing this as well. And good call on the Durasteel cape for v2 beskar!
No dye, I just soaked the beskar v1 suit a few times in soap and water. Worked it with my hands a bit.
I think the v1 suit is more brown underneath and they sprayed some kinda greyish on top. The v2 I think is just grey fabric.

Back