How to display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinball2883

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Can i do wall shelves instead of Besta or glass case. i Have around 50 plus 1/6 scale figures and around 10 Premium format. I got 3 Besta's but i do not like how they display. I was thinking wall shelves a few rows around the upper part of the room i want to put them in. Then maybe lower glass cases along the bottom. Protect from my kids grabbing them. I have a 12x15 room wainting to be set up right i just do not know how to do this right the first time

Can i do wall shelves instead of Besta or glass case. i Have around 50 plus 1/6 scale figures and around 10 Premium format. I got 3 Besta's but i do not like how they display. I was thinking wall shelves a few rows around the upper part of the room i want to put them in. Then maybe lower glass cases along the bottom. Protect from my kids grabbing them. I have a 12x15 room wainting to be set up right i just do not know how to do this right the first time

You could, but you will have to get a permit.

Sure you can, as TwelveInchFigures has said it's up to you, it's your display. I've seen a couple awesome displays here in these boards that were custom shelves.

One thing to keep in mind though is weight. If you are doing floating shelves make sure you get the correct anchors to handle the weight of the figures you intend to put on them.

I use a floating shelf (actually two put together) for my statues and since they are heavier than normal figures I use "L" brackets underneath. I didn't like the look of the "L" brackets so I used a piece of foam core to hide it and it created a "mantel" look. These 4 "L" brackets increased the weight capacity of the shelves so now I don't have to worry (except for a large earthquake...knock on wood!)

At this angle you can see one of the "L" brackets
Kotobukiya_statues_King_Arts_shield_IMG_5324.jpg

But this is the normal viewing angle so they usually are not seen.
Kotobukiya_statues_IMG_5330.jpg

I got both the floating shelves at Ikea (I think) but lots of stores have them. And the "L" brackets you can get at any hardware store.

Also one thing to keep in mind...dust will be your enemy with open shelves!!!

Back