Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody know where to PO star man cammy? didn't see her on OSK.

And is the general consensus that star man is the one to get over play toys?
Gundamit is another good choice ($173) as well if Kit does not have it. Gundamit - Star Man - Cammy

As for which is the preferred one Star Man or Play Toy, IMO it is a very contested competition since they both offer similar features but, the details differ. I think it is interesting how the Star Man portrait has a more animated look than the Play Toy, since their Chun-Li's were the reverse. In the end I opted to go Star Man for the classic look and Play Toy for the Alpha outfit.

SM Pros:
Sculpt (more inline with game aesthetics / animated)
Slimmer proportions
Fabric Beret
Wired hair
Laces on boots are clean

SM Cons:
Neck piece of the jumpsuit rides too high akin to Hot Toys Unmasked Spider-Man before No Way Home
Hairline throws me off
Curious how secure is the beret on the head?
Leg harness attached via buckles?
Black textured portion does not appear accurate to the character
Have to manually apply the camouflage markings (though accurate to SF 5)

--

PT Pros
Has an Alpha Version
Classic outfit colors are more accurate to SF 6
Sculpt (more realistic depiction)
Hairline does not bother me
Leg harness appears to be attached with velcro?
Leg camouflage already applied
More assortment of gesturing hands

PT Cons:
Too muscular for my tastes but, accurate to SF 5
Braids are not wired

Screenshot 2024-06-10 140328.jpg

What about you guys? Which will you be picking up and why?

Last edited:
Gundamit is another good choice ($173) as well if Kit does not have it. Gundamit - Star Man - Cammy

As for which is the preferred one Star Man or Play Toy, IMO it is a very contested competition since I like both for different reasons. I think it is interesting how the Star Man portrait has a more animated look than the Play Toy, since their Chun-Li's were the reverse. In the end I opted to go Star Man for the classic look and Play Toy for the Alpha outfit.

SM Pros:
Slimmer proportions
Fabric Beret
Wired hair
Laces on boots are clean

SM Cons:
Neck piece of the jumpsuit rides too high akin to Hot Toys Unmasked Spider-Man before No Way Home
Hairline throws me off

--

PT Pros
Has an Alpha Version

PT Cons:
Braids are not wired

View attachment 707204

Attachments

• boffum-princeofberkeley.gif
    boffum-princeofberkeley.gif
    40.4 KB · Views: 0

As for which is the preferred one Star Man or Play Toy, IMO it is a very contested competition since I like both for different reasons. I think it is interesting how the Star Man portrait has a more animated look than the Play Toy, since their Chun-Li's were the reverse. In the end I opted to go Star Man for the classic look and Play Toy for the Alpha outfit.

SM Pros:
Slimmer proportions
Fabric Beret
Wired hair
Laces on boots are clean

SM Cons:
Hairline throws me off

--

PT Pros
Has an Alpha Version

PT Cons:
Braids are not wired

View attachment 707204

I have both on PO but I might cancel the Playtoy one. I personally prefer the slimmer look and sharper features of the Starman version.

After having received both the Starman Chun-li and Playtoy Chun-li, I slightly prefer the Starman slightly more because it's more posable and can actually stand unsupported. Tailoring is abit better and more seamless on the Starman too.

My Playtoy Chun-li had really weak ankles which is annoying and if this Cammy is the same, then I'm gonna stick with the Starman version.

I also found the Playtoy Chun-li skin tone abit too grey and the silicone kinda oily, whereas the Starman was super smooth.

Now the Starman isn't perfect and has its own issues, like the thin silicone around the arms, weak hair magnets etc, but it's a better figure to handle if you like to pose and take photos.

What I like about the Playtoy is the dark blue dress really pops in a shelf, I kinda like the face too maybe a tad more than the Starman, just personal preference.

Going by what I see in the Cammy's on offer, I suspect the silicone arms on the Playtoy will be pretty thin so need to be careful when bending.
MEITU_20240610_225418020.jpg

Last edited:
So strange, I didn't even go for the play toys Chun-li, picked the starman and love it. But for Cammy, the play toys looks better to me. Face and fit on the outfit. Hmmm

In the end I opted to go Star Man for the classic look and Play Toy for the Alpha outfit.
Same, i opted for the Starman Cammy Classic who is really better than the Playtoy for me, and i took the Playtoy Cammy Alpha who is really great.

Besides, at the time, when only the 2 versions of Playtoy were in pre-order and Starman didn't yet have his Cammy, I wanted to take the classic Cammy.
But nothing to do, I didn't like this Playtoy version too many things bothered me and I therefore opted for the Alpha version only.

I was lucky since a few weeks later Starman unveiled its Cammy classic which immediately convinced me.

So I have my 2 favorite versions, Starman for Cammy classic and Playtoy for Cammy Alpha, I think the 2 next to each other will be great.

For Iconiq, i no longer expect anything from them.
- Too expensive for what it is
- Much too long to come out
- Based only on SFV whose design I don't like

I'm really happy that Starman and Playtoy are here for Street Fighter :banana

Last edited:
Nice. Looks good, but what's with the pleated knees on the pants? I don't think those were in the promo images.
Hmmmm.....you're right. The pleats weren't in the promos. I'm on my way home from work now to open my delivery also.

Ken Masters has arrived!

Attachments

• C360_20240611-170815-98.jpg
    C360_20240611-170815-98.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 0
  • C360_20240611-165304-02.jpg
    C360_20240611-165304-02.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_145644.jpg
    20240611_145644.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_145658.jpg
    20240611_145658.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_145734.jpg
    20240611_145734.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_145717.jpg
    20240611_145717.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_145751.jpg
    20240611_145751.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_145941.jpg
    20240611_145941.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_150042.jpg
    20240611_150042.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_150155.jpg
    20240611_150155.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_150354.jpg
    20240611_150354.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_154149.jpg
    20240611_154149.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_155252.jpg
    20240611_155252.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240611_155312.jpg
    20240611_155312.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • C360_20240611-165113-59.jpg
    C360_20240611-165113-59.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Ken Masters has arrived!
Thanks for the pictures, friend! I really like how the pant length more readily hides the joint at the feet, something Ryu cannot do in part to the tattered nature of his. You guys had me almost at FOMO vibes :giggle:, nonetheless congrats who picked this piece up!

bleach x street fighter. Ken has a soul reaper. I think I dig it more than the original ichigo. New to kitbashing. Have one more billionaire 👊🦇 idea brewing. Don’t worry I still have 4-5 Ken’s left not entirely a waste 🤷🏾‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_4818.png
    IMG_4818.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4817.png
    IMG_4817.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4832.jpeg
    IMG_4832.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 0
I opened my Play Toys Chun Li last night. Very fortunate (whether it was from the factory or just the store i bought took effort to check and do so) her hair buns were separately packed, so no paint scratches on mine. Haven't heard much issue with the Starman, so it remains unopened at the moment.

Everything looks good just like everyone's photos. She doesn't have underwear on underneath her skirt which looked kinda weird, luckily she comes with the bikini set so i just put on the undies from that.

The only bad thing i can say about it is the head/neck connector as people have mentioned. If has no grip whatsoever. If you hold her by the waist and turn her upside-down her head will fall off. Also after adjusting her eyes and popping her head back into the connector, one of her eyes popped out. This has never happened to me in my 17 years of collecting, from Enterbay, Hot Toys, and 3rd party company's. Luckily i found it on the floor and popped it back in without much hassle.

The only bad thing i can say about it is the head/neck connector as people have mentioned. If has no grip whatsoever. If you hold her by the waist and turn her upside-down her head will fall off. Also after adjusting her eyes and popping her head back into the connector, one of her eyes popped out. This has never happened to me in my 17 years of collecting, from Enterbay, Hot Toys, and 3rd party company's. Luckily i found it on the floor and popped it back in without much hassle.
You heard it here! It’s an “eye-popping” figure!

Mine arrives soon. I’ll be sure to give my impressions. Fingers crossed it arrives damage-free.

Back