InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. The first pic is clearly damaged/flawed. But you do you.

View attachment 728079
You can disagree with me but the reviewer is speaking in a language I understand and he stated clearly that the flaws were already present on the copy he received, which is just bad QC and manufacturing. Not saying I condone InArt's poor QC but it wasn't damaged by the reviewer. You can also see that defects throughout the video.

The 1st picture is probably defects during production but the factory aunties just proceed ahead to stick to boot onto the suit without checking, the second image with the suit bunching up at the lower leg area but the factory auntie couldn't give a damn and just stick the boots on. The reviewer did not clarify if the boots can be removed but he did noted that these are the two defects he has. Again, defects that occurred during the production process that could be rectified but nope, let's push it out.

As to the blue suit's durability, I have my doubts because many of the reviewers have stated that it's thin and sheer like which allows the base chrome to shine through, it's like a coded way of saying this suit is not durable at all.

This will probably be the last InArt I pre-order for a bit and I think they need to set more resources into their QC. The suit is not supposed to arrive with defects and untreatable bunching, who knows what other issues will arrive with it after the influencer batch.

See, ya kinda, sorta had me up to this point...

"This will probably be the last InArt I pre-order"

Because then it comes off as a post from a place of emotion, rather than logic. I'm guilty of it as well. But it's gotta be stopped in it's tracks.

You're pushing a narrative on a figure that isn't even in the hands of the majority yet. The very folks you're typing this out to.

They don't have it - most of us.

See, ya kinda, sorta had me me up to this point...

"This will probably be the last InArt I pre-order"

Because then it comes off as a post from a place of emotion, rather than logic. I'm guilty of it as well. But it's gotta be stopped in it's tracks.

You're pushing a narrative on a figure that isn't even in the hands of the the majority yet. They very folks you're typing this out to.

They don't have it - most of us.
I'm speaking for myself, not for you or the rest.

I had my fair share of defects and returns with InArt releases (Joker and Gandalf) and that is with direct access to their webshop/store in China, each return process while not very complex is very tedious because you have to go through verification process with the defect (post video/picture -> wait for confirmation -> destroy/ship back defect -> wait for replacement -> check replacement and raise issue if any, rinse repeat).

They had promised the collectors (at least in the Chinese space) that they will improve their QC but it doesn't seem to be the case here even with Superman released to the influencers already having some defects that could have been easily avoided with more stringent checks.

Having looked at the videos and in hands photos of Superman, I'm not confident that I will get a good copy especially with the blue suit. So I'm good to adopt a wait and see tactic for future pre-orders given what I have went through previously.

Ok. That's a fair argument.

That really sucks, in your particular case. But it is what it is, I suppose. I hate that you feel like you gotta walk into this.. somehow.. Expecting shyte? That's not cool, yo. I don't wish that on anyone that spends their money.

I hope you find a silver lining. If it's as you say, you could use a break, right now. I get it.

Cheers

Edit: Also, I'm plastered 🙃

I don’t believe they mean they are expecting it, but that this batch system is so shot that if they do get bit like prior, the headache of going through that process once more after the wait times, sours everything going forward for them and others.
After being promised something but not seeing it implemented.

The fact that InArt didn’t send their valuable influencers spotless copies raises concerns for the rest of the community, how many influencers do they have on roll call? Who’s doing the QC, that’s a big hole in the suit on the leg.

Ok. That's a fair argument.

That really sucks, in your particular case. But it is what it is, I suppose. I hate that you feel like you gotta walk into this.. somehow.. Expecting shyte? That's not cool, yo. I don't wish that on anyone that spends their money.

I hope you find a silver lining. If it's as you say, you could use a break, right now. I get it.

Cheers
Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment.

I'm not ragging on InArt nor am I defending it. I appreciate that they have broke into this almost monopoly by Hot Toys and force the entire industry to innovate and improve, which benefits all of us as a whole. But they need to relook at their vision of delivering high quality products to customers, because the production issues still remains a key issue that is setting them backwards. If a certain percentage of resources have to be dedicated towards fixing the defects then I would imagine it will create a downstream issue towards other productions.

It's not like I'm expecting defects but comparatively to when I received Hot Toys, or third party figures, I can really count with my fingers the amount of defects I did have. The last defect I had on a HT figure was a blotch of print on Mysterio's cape and I have been keeping up with MCU's releases as a whole, either through pre-order or a wait and see tactic.

InArt can do even better if they develop better QC processes, I'm sure of it.

Hard stop.

You ARE NOT getting a "high quality product" be it from InArt or HT. Leave that silly ass idea at the front door.

Now.

You wanna pay for what they offer!?

You wanna do it and eat your words?

They're both mediocre imo. But they're the best we got rn. And I enjoy both, on occasion. I personally do not own an InArt but I got a guy who knows a guy lol

Jokes. Sorry. Just, maybe not buy the ****.

Idk.

Depends on how many they sold. I'd wager that this probably has a bigger per batch size since the only rooted hair that they did was the stupid curl.

To compare, Kit said that all the Harry Potter standard editions will be completed with just one single batch. Which is due to the lower preorder amount that Harry got. I imagine this figure isn't up there in preorder amount either the same way Batman, Gandalf and Aragorn was. Maybe @Kit Chen can confirm what the preorder amount roughly is.
For me Superman selling better than Aragorn, so maybe expect a few batches

Regarding eye position, this is a figure that benifits from moving them, especially in terms of likeness.

I personally feel like the sculpt and likeness is 'meh' when the eyes are looking straight forward at you. As soon as you side eye him, the likeness just pours out of this sculpt.

I'm satisfied. Truly. And it's not even in my hands yet.

For example, these don't look good to me

View attachment 728064View attachment 728065

This one is nice tho

View attachment 728066but generally, this figure looks awful when it's eyes are straight forward imo.

Compared to this

View attachment 728067
Agreed. The rolling eyes do wonders for the sculpt.

We should reference this in the Catwoman thread for those opposing them and claiming they would be detrimental to the likeness.

Holy moly. I thought the rolling eyes was **** cannrd months ago. That's awesome.
I think because we kept nagging them, they reconsidered.

And folks insist our feedback is just complaining.

Thing is, for some of us getting a figure is only the start. If there's improvements that can be made, we'll set out to do that. But it's good to have a great starting base.

Nothing we can do about the glyph misplacement on Superman. Or the texture on 89 Batman.

I think because we kept nagging them, they reconsidered.

And folks insist our feedback is just complaining.

Thing is, for some of us getting a figure is only the start. If there's improvements that can be made, we'll set out to do that. But it's good to have a great starting base.

Nothing we can do about the glyph misplacement on Superman. Or the texture on 89 Batman.
For the absolute HELL I have (thoroughly documented) given this figure, on these boards about 89 Bat's 2.0... Call it copium. Call avoiding buyers remorse.

That's fine. I absolutely deserve it after MONTHS of giving that figure 7 kinds of Hell.

And I'm here to tell ya. I adore that figure now.

There it is.

For the absolute HELL I have (thoroughly documented) given this figure, on these boards about 89 Bat's 2.0... Call it copium. Call avoiding buyers remorse.

That's fine. I absolutely deserve it after MONTHS of giving that figure 7 kinds of Hell.

And I'm here to tell ya. I adore that figure now.

There it is.
So you finally admit to talking out yer a$$ lol !

Back