InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Hot Toys does that with 2.0. My theory is that they were waiting to InArt release to see what they can improve. You probably remember how excited I was about this… We even said prototype sculpt was the best Cavill sculpt ever, unfortunately I don’t see that anymore. We were hopeful for the body improvements as InArt promised. But instead they did bare minimum with this release.
Ppl can blind themselves and say that this is a best thing ever but it isn’t. Won’t cancel but staying hopeful for Hot Toys 2.0 hope it happens soon and he doesn’t look hungry.

Wonder if there is a HT DC presentation at wonderfest is Superman there? Lol

head looks definitively bigger on that body and I hope that’s just a photo illusion and it looks fine in person.
The production headsculpt was softened a tiny amount, the same as any other sculpt- and your opinion went from -best cavill headsculpt ever, to -not seeing cavill in it? At a normal viewing distance the differences arent even noticeable- because it is the same headsculpt.

This is the figure you keep complaining about? No other company has shown us they are capable of creating something like this. You must get insanely disappointed by every single 1/6 figure ever released.
1727883237904.png

from FB Jason Lam

461939782_8602771336474080_6007101589075424681_n.jpg

461978435_8602771476474066_7413446313241486846_n.jpg

461981112_8602771733140707_8524469843296452176_n.jpg
IMG_6600.jpeg

One of the best photos hands down we have so far in this forum. For me personally this is better than any other custom I’ve seen online, and despite the 8% softness in production it’s still an amazing sculpt. I cannot wait for this to ship.

Hopefully the collar glue issue won’t be a first batch problem though..

I've been playing around with photoshop edits to rough out some mods for this guy that are doable. The only part I can't do is shrink the head by 5% like I did here, the rest would be pretty straightforward. And I ******* love to mod! I have some custom capes already that are a deeper color to work with, and more svelt around the neck.

Supermods.jpg

View attachment 729827

One of the best photos hands down we have so far in this forum. For me personally this is better than any other custom I’ve seen online, and despite the 8% softness in production it’s still an amazing sculpt. I cannot wait for this to ship.

Hopefully the collar glue issue won’t be a first batch problem though..
Mother humper it better not take a year to get this! Kit needs to go to inart's headquarters, take their stuff and ship it out to us 🤣

I've been playing around with photoshop edits to rough out some mods for this guy that are doable. The only part I can't do is shrink the head by 5% like I did here, the rest would be pretty straightforward. And I ******* love to mod! I have some custom capes already that are a deeper color to work with, and more svelt around the neck.

View attachment 729839
One issue you will likely find with the capes unless you had them made longer on purpose is that ones for Hot Toys are going to be too short.

View attachment 729839
What's the difference, besides the cape color?

View attachment 729839
I know some think that this figure doesn't have enough muscle, but i think it's actually quite bulky (in a good way). This edit just proves to me that the head might be slightly oversized which causes him to seem less beefed up than he really is. Common issue seen on other lines like Mafex, Mezco, and the biggest offender Marvel Legends(personally think Legends are crap).

When you get this @rory please show how you mod the way the cape lays on the traps. Looks great in that edit.

The production headsculpt was softened a tiny amount, the same as any other sculpt- and your opinion went from -best cavill headsculpt ever, to -not seeing cavill in it? At a normal viewing distance the differences arent even noticeable- because it is the same headsculpt.

This is the figure you keep complaining about? No other company has shown us they are capable of creating something like this. You must get insanely disappointed by every single 1/6 figure ever released.
View attachment 729823
Eyes and eyebrows are totally different,when you try to capture likeness every dot matters. Sculpt is amazing nobody's denying that, but changed paint and irises toned down the likeness. I paid 1600$ for this, so yes I'm complaining, bc figure likeness doesn't look nowhere as good as it was on proto. If they can't provide same quality work they advertise, they need to tone down prototypes as well. I'm collecting for 20+ years and in the most cases final figures are more or less improved. They haven't improved basically anything and ignored all the community feedback. Kept the inaccurate armpit line and didn't optimise body to match Cavill physique. This could be the best Cavill figure ever, but it isn't. So yes there's a room for improvements and I'm optimistic for Hot Toys 2.0

Last edited:
The cape wraps around the neck properly and the chest flattened off so it doesn't warp the S. Maybe something around the hips too.
It's interesting to see the minutiae of getting the cape to sit correctly on something like this then you've got some people displaying a statue like this
Screenshot 2024-10-02 20.30.38.png

Eyes and eyebrows are totally different,when you try to capture likeness every dot matters. Sculpt is amazing nobody's denying that, but changed paint and irises toned down the likeness. I'm paid 1600$ for this, so yes I'm complaining, bc figure likeness doesn't look nowhere as good as it was on proto. If they can't provide same quality work they advertise, they need to tone down prototypes as well. I'm collecting for 20+ years and in the most cases final figures are more or less improved. They haven't improved basically anything and ignored all the community feedback. Kept the inaccurate armpit line and didn't optimise body to match Cavill physique. This could be the best Cavill figure ever, but it isn't. So yes there's a room for improvements and I'm optimistic for Hot Toys 2.0
If this isn't the best Cavill figure ever, what is?

You are factually wrong if you are claiming most figures improve from prototype to production. There is always a drop off in paint and sculpt softness.

View attachment 729823
You're arguing with someone that gets excited over ThreeZero figures :lol

Eyes and eyebrows are totally different,when you try to capture likeness every dot matters. Sculpt is amazing nobody's denying that, but changed paint and irises toned down the likeness. I'm paid 1600$ for this, so yes I'm complaining, bc figure likeness doesn't look nowhere as good as it was on proto. If they can't provide same quality work they advertise, they need to tone down prototypes as well. I'm collecting for 20+ years and in the most cases final figures are more or less improved. They haven't improved basically anything and ignored all the community feedback. Kept the inaccurate armpit line and didn't optimise body to match Cavill physique. This could be the best Cavill figure ever, but it isn't. So yes there's a room for improvements and I'm optimistic for Hot Toys 2.0
You paid $1600? Bud you’re getting ripped off 😂

Back