InArt - Dune: Paul Atreides

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two cents -- flavored with copium, I'm sure, as a rooted buyer -- is that while I will not deny that the sculpted hair has the more correct shape, it makes the whole sculpt look more artificial. I look at the sculpted figure, and I see plastic. I look at the rooted figure, and it looks like a tiny person. This is a case where collectors are probably gonna have to decide which matters more to them: accuracy or realism.
Yeah I agree with you.

When I said above that I feel better about my decision to get sculpted, I wasn’t saying that I think the sculpted looks better than the rooted. I was simply saying that the sculpted figure looks noticeably better (to me) than it did in prior pictures. However, I still think the rooted version is still better looking overall because it does provide more realism up close.

It’s just that I’m happy that I no longer feel like I made a mistake by ordering the sculpted version.

Both look good but i think the sculpted really captures the shape of the way his hair sits. Could probably achieve it with the rooted too after futzing, but it would eventually puff back out i assume.

Both look good but i think the sculpted really captures the shape of the way his hair sits. Could probably achieve it with the rooted too after futzing, but it would eventually puff back out i assume.
Yep. This exactly. Which is why I went sculpted.

I really do not have time to futz with dolly hair.

I learned how much it takes with my Lady Death figure and later on with Immortan Joe.
The latter one the time was well spent but overall, Paul hair looks sculpted in the film !

Back