InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think at max we'll see one other character after Legolas. Probably Frodo or Gimli. I wonder if Gandalf and Aragorn even sold well enough for them.

Yeah I think at max we'll see one other character after Legolas. Probably Frodo or Gimli. I wonder if Gandalf and Aragorn even sold well enough for them.
Didn't Kit say Gandalf sold a lot less than Gandalf? Or if it wasn't Kit, did someone say it? I could be totally misremembering, but I feel it makes sense since Lord of the Rings was really never popular in Asia, except Japan I believe.

It is a good sign that they opened more orders for Gandalf though. Hopefully the rest of the world supported the line well enough. We know Legolas is coming but it would be nice to get Boromir if nothing else since they don't need a new body for him.

Didn't Kit say Gandalf sold a lot less than Gandalf?
IMG_9173.gif

Joker got 10k sales, Gandalf 5k sales. My guess is that Aragorn is about in the range of Gandalf.

Maybe LOTR is not that specifically popular in China but they should know by now that they can sell this amount rather easily if they account for western countries.
3-5k for Legolas, Gimli and Boromir would easily sell I think. I mean 3-5k for each of them.
Frodo and Sam in pack could sell good too.

SEA (Malaysia/Indonesia/Philippines etc.) have presumably pretty high numbers of LOTR fans, I am guessing this from seeing lots of posts on Facebook in LOTR Collector groups by them.

Last edited:
Joker got 10k sales, Gandalf 5k sales. My guess is that Aragorn is about in the range of Gandalf.

Maybe LOTR is not that specifically popular in China but they should know by now that they can sell this amount rather easily if they account for western countries.
3-5k for Legolas, Gimli and Boromir would easily sell I think. I mean 3-5k for each of them.
Frodo and Sam in pack could sell good too.

SEA (Malaysia/Indonesia/Philippines etc.) have presumably pretty high numbers of LOTR fans, I am guessing this from seeing lots of posts on Facebook in LOTR Collector groups by them.
There are enough collectors out there
that Asmus was able to go pretty deep. Granted their figures are less expensive but if they are selling well enough to do Legolas 2.0, Boromir 2.0, Old Bilbo, Thranduil 2.0, Nazgul 2.0 . . Heck they were or are considering making Haldir! I would think there are enough collectors out there to justify Frodo and Sam if they can keep the costs in line with their other figures (needing new bodies might make it impossible to be at that price point). I would love to see the entire fellowship but I don’t know how many would be willing to spend InArt prices on Boromir, Merry and Pippin.

There are enough collectors out there
that Asmus was able to go pretty deep. Granted their figures are less expensive but if they are selling well enough to do Legolas 2.0, Boromir 2.0, Old Bilbo, Thranduil 2.0, Nazgul 2.0 . . Heck they were or are considering making Haldir! I would think there are enough collectors out there to justify Frodo and Sam if they can keep the costs in line with their other figures (needing new bodies might make it impossible to be at that price point). I would love to see the entire fellowship but I don’t know how many would be willing to spend InArt prices on Boromir, Merry and Pippin.
True. I agree. If Asmus could develop a body for the Hobbits and one for Gimli and Thorin too so I think Inart is perfectly capable of doing it as well. They need a 20cm/8inches and a 25cm/10 inches high body.
As long as the price for a rooted figure is (with authentic fabric and look of clothing and accessories) $450-500 or around that, I am all in for it at this level of quality.
Hell, I have never done it with any figure but I might even order 2 Gimlis if they pull off an "Aragorn quality" of him.

There are enough collectors out there that Asmus was able to go pretty deep. Granted their figures are less expensive but if they are selling well enough to do Legolas 2.0, Boromir 2.0, Old Bilbo, Thranduil 2.0, Nazgul 2.0 . . Heck they were or are considering making Haldir! I would think there are enough collectors out there to justify Frodo and Sam if they can keep the costs in line with their other figures (needing new bodies might make it impossible to be at that price point). I would love to see the entire fellowship but I don’t know how many would be willing to spend InArt prices on Boromir, Merry and Pippin.
This! :lecture

Also, let us not forget that both P1 and JND also have the LOTR license for statues that are much more expensive than these InArt figures, so there must be a market for high end LOTR collectibles.

This! :lecture

Also, let us not forget that both P1 and JND also have the LOTR license for statues that are much more expensive than these InArt figures, so there must be a market for high end LOTR collectibles.
I was considering one and a half year ago the P1 Gimli, but I noticed that they made a mistake in detail, I contacted them, showed them what they did wrong and how it should look, they replied with some standard template thanking for me my interest blablabla and the statue was released later with that same mistake I pointed out to them.

So all in all $1200-1500 for an imperfect statue is a no go for me.

The Infinity one on the other hand in size 1/2 Gimli looks really good but its $3200 which would end up in $4500-5000 for me lol.

True. I agree. If Asmus could develop a body for the Hobbits and one for Gimli and Thorin too so I think Inart is perfectly capable of doing it as well. They need a 20cm/8inches and a 25cm/10 inches high body.
As long as the price for a rooted figure is (with authentic fabric and look of clothing and accessories) $450-500 or around that, I am all in for it at this level of quality.
Hell, I have never done it with any figure but I might even order 2 Gimlis if they pull off an "Aragorn quality" of him.
Harry Potter body ?

Harry Potter body ?
HP was in the first movie about 1.40-1.47m, so 4ft7-4ft10 i couldnt find a definitive number but somewhere about in this range, the latter 4ft10 (24.5cm in 1/6) could work for Gimli (the actor Brett Beattie was exactly 4ft10 in the movies) but its way too tall for a hobbit (3ft11-4ft so 1.2m tall which translates to 20cm in 1/6).

and I have no idea how tall the Inart HP figure is going to be. :D But if I were a betting man I would say it certainly will be inbetween these numbers, so that body will be too tall for a hobbit and too short for Gimli. :D

https://screenrant.com/lord-rings-gimli-stunt-double-brett-beattie-details/
"Actor John Rhys-Davies is the actor credited for playing Gimli across the movie trilogy, although Beattie performed as both his stunt and size double. Being a black belt in martial arts, an experienced horseback rider, and being 4'10" tall, all contributed to him being a good fit for the job."

Last edited:
Back