InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone received invoice from Kit already?? How long do we have to wait for 1st batch... thats so frustrating.
Inart have to do something to improve production
When Inart announced in the middle of June that Aragorn is ready, then I wrote end of August, based on the time between their announcement of Batman and when people started to actually get it being 2.5 months.
So earliest end of August still imo.

It'll be awhile before we get him, I imagine. Even Sideshow is taking months to deliver Hot Toys now.
This is true, can't remember how many times my HT Obi-Wan has been pushed back.

Re the vid, doubt if I have the *&^% to do it, but the whole fig needs to be dropped into a water bath. He's too clean. That's an observation, NOT a complaint. I can mess my own figures up if I want to.

And I'm glad I went rooted. It's not like the sculpted is bad, but looks like I'd have the same problems as Thor with the hair ends sticking into the cloak etc.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a serious oversight on not weathering the coat! That thing is filthy in the movies yet looks like it's come out of the dry cleaners here. They've weathered the boots, pants, jerkin and cloak but missed the most obvious thing 🙄
This is true, can't remember how many times my HT Obi-Wan has been pushed back.

Re the vid, doubt if I have the *&^% to do it, but the whole fig needs to be dropped into a water bath. He's too clean. That's an observation, NOT a complaint. I can mess my own figures up if I want to.

And I'm glad I went rooted. It's not like the sculpted is bad, but looks like I'd have the same problems as Thor with the hair ends sticking into the cloak etc.

Well I reckon a person has the right to do a video the way they would like. And a person has the right to like it or not.

Do you have a video channel? Maybe you should give it a go.
I respect your opinion, but honestly dont care what you think, and I'm sure you feel the same.
So on that note, can we now agree just to ignore each other, cheers.

I respect your opinion, but honestly dont care what you think, and I'm sure you feel the same.
So on that note, can we now agree just to ignore each other, cheers.
My comment wasn't a "well if you think you can do better" type thing. Apologies it came across that way. I was just saying you are a poster who I always thought had something interesting to say and if you had a channel I would surely subscribe. That's all.

I just pictured skullboy scratching pixletwin off his list after that apology.

😄

IMG_2924.jpeg

Knowing InArt's / Queen Studios record for product delivery to end user, you'll have th a leather jacket, and miniature sword long before you have the actual figure in hand......who am I kidding, knowing InArt, you'll have aged to the point where you can wear and use the miniature jacket and sword BEFORE you receive the figure......

I'm only slightly exaggerating.....expect a long wait.

Looks like Wonderworldbpr is making a leather coat and belt and Anduril sword for InArt Aragorn. Coat and belt cost $154 the sword costs $185. I'll buy the coat and belt as I prefer an actual leather coat. View attachment 720881View attachment 720882View attachment 720883View attachment 720884View attachment 720885View attachment 720886View attachment 720887View attachment 720888View attachment 720889
Generally like their stuff, but something about this feels off looks wise. Think im gonna be content with the figure as is. The Anduril is cool though

Belt is still missing the diamond stamps all the way around and coat doesn't have the inner sleeve lacing or waist ties. Nice that they are real leather but I'm going to wait until someone does an accurate version.
I'm uneasy about fit as well. When I first got into 1/6 scale - plenty of collectors probably already walked this road -

well, Bucky, for one thing. Picked up a nice red Henley to do the CW scenes. Didn't fit over the metal arm of the HT and multiple rinses it was still running dye. Or the buttons are off scale.

That was just one lesson. You get a 3rd party outfit and the stitching might be nice but it doesn't fit the body blah blah and it all starts adding up $$$$. Heads don't fit the original neck, etc. Kit bashing IMO is one d@m thing after another. 😁

I'd love a leather coat/belt but will look at it as a long term project. I'd have to study the original as this 3rd party looks like it won't fully close. I don't remember if the movie coat could, since it seems to be more of duster, but that's a thing with me even at 1/6 scale - too tight coats that aren't functional, really. Which would mean trying to stretch the leather.:eek:

Back