InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah and then if it gets damaged we can get exclusive inart magic pencils that apparently fix sculpts! šŸ¤¦

I don't care what influencers say these stands look cool but are **** when it comes to execution! It ain't how your using them it's the magnets being weak. I'd much prefer a piece that can be added for a grabber.

Yeah and then if it gets damaged we can get exclusive inart magic pencils that apparently fix sculpts! šŸ¤¦

I don't care what influencers say these stands look cool but are **** when it comes to execution! It ain't how your using them it's the magnets being weak. I'd much prefer a piece that can be added for a grabber.

My Aragorn base is completely useless. The magnets don't hold at all. This is the first magnet base from them that I can finally agree and confirm the magnets are weak as* ****.

Joker, Gandalf and Pennywise I didn't have an issue with the Magnets. Aragorn I do.

This is false. Speaking from experience with my InArt Pennywise. My diorama came broken. I reached out to Kit and InArt was able to provide the pieces for replacement. I live in the US not within the licensed region.

And there have been several people with other issues that have been taken care of. Be it missing or broken parts and accessories to issues with the headsculpts. They only ask that you destroy the headsculpt and provide proof.
Good to know.

My post was in response to someone saying that InArt did not do those things, and I was offering a possible reason as to why. But it is good to know that they do.

That's why I got bases from @Cocoboloboy for my Joker and Gandalf figures. I'll be getting one for Aragorn as well. Hopefully he'll offer something Hogwarts related for Harry Potter. Really anything InArt makes, I'm going to get something from him.

These things are too expensive to chance with magnets. I'd much rather not have to worry about the figure falling off, so I think it's worth the extra $40 to buy one of his stands to keep the figure safe, and looking good on a neat base too.

So I got a couple questions:

1. The head case -- says pull off the top with the glass cylinder. I cannot get the bottom to come apart. Instead the top cap came off, and I had to pull the foam out to get to the head. No biggie but did anyone else have this trouble? Is there a trick?

2. Part 2: are you guys using the black head plug from the container OR the flesh-colored head plug that came packaged separately. I can't find any mention in the Instructions.

For those that ordered from Kit -- I got one of his scratch cards as always but this time it says "till next time"... usually there's the same 5-digit code; did he finally change it up?

So I got a couple questions:

1. The head case -- says pull off the top with the glass cylinder. I cannot get the bottom to come apart. Instead the top came off, had to pull the foam out to get to the head.

2. Part 2: are you guys using the black head plug from the container OR the flesh head plug that came packaged separately. I can't find any mention in the Instructions.

For those that ordered from Kit -- I got one of his scratch cards as always but it says "till next time"... usually there's the same 5-digit code; did he finally change it up?

1. Twist at bottom pull off top container twist opposite direction sometime counter clockwise will release the twist
2. I did notice but I used the flesh peg
3. Got the same card from Kit said till next time MF šŸ˜† but seems to be the new thing with the cards Vs that reliable dollar code šŸ˜†

Thanks. Yeah, I twisted every which way but the bottom just wouldn't give. Even tried to pry it off wiggling back and forth. Instead, the top cap just came off. Those melty T-1000 stands would be good for spare heads -- especially Terminator stuff.

For those that ordered from Kit -- I got one of his scratch cards as always but this time it says "till next time"... usually there's the same 5-digit code; did he finally change it up?
I got that with my last delivery from Kit.
Maybe he decided he could save a few bucks by not giving everyone the $1 code in every purchase.

I wonder if heā€™s also finally changed the $1 dollar codeā€¦

9AC2C9C8-B0DB-4D4D-9BE1-A6EB6B85C87A.jpeg
IMG_9608.jpeg

Reposed him slightly today, spent a little more time going over the details,such a good looking piece!. I will say though the hands are an absolute ***** to get on, especially the left one.

I managed to open the box and get the figure out -- haven't checked all the wrapped up gear yet, that will be another day.

Anyway, I think the clothing is fantastic. Soft and supple. Colors look great too.

And the head is a beauty. As Neko showed, there does seem to be some variance in the hair -- length and curls, much like Joker -- but without anything to compare it to, I really like the hair on mine.

I haven't had the chance to futz it or move any curls into their "proper" place, but just tried to get some different lighting going for show. This is unfutzed, straight out of the canister...

COMP 1a.jpg

I don't have the skill or the camera or the proper lighting to capture the sculpt like the proto -- or like some people here did -- in a really well-lit and sharp photo, but the head looks great to me.

When this was released I had lost most of my interest in this figure for whatever reason, but after seeing everyone getting theirs its making me hyped again.

Back