InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I was going to go old school book canon Bree and give him the ranger cloak with the hilt piece of Narsil. Now I don’t know if I even want the figure any more. It might as well just be a Haldir figure at this point.

1725837072858.gif

So Kit doesn’t get his stock directly from InArt- or would being a reseller placing numerous orders with InArt disqualify one from getting the cloak?

Very odd situation here. It was never labelled as an exclusive. All the wording indicated it was a newly added accessory to both versions.

It’s low on the list of my display options but I may have used it on my Asmus Aragorn since I don’t mind hiding the majority of that figure.
Ultimately it’s just another strike against IA that the community won’t forget in a hurry.

So Kit doesn’t get his stock directly from InArt- or would being a reseller placing numerous orders with InArt disqualify one from getting the cloak?
I think if you placed an order with them directly you get it but if you buy it from them as a reseller you don’t. There may be a work around of if you don’t sign up as a reseller and just place a large order as an individual person unless there is a purchase limit. When we thought Kit’s were going to come with the cloak I thought maybe their official resellers located in select markets would be included but sadly it sounds like that is not the case.

I really don’t think that’s how it works. Aragorn was only licensed in China, and Kit is able to order direct with them. To INART, what’s it matter he has a store and is a reseller.. he just has an account with them, so theoretically his orders should include the cloak. Or Kit isn’t going through them direct and possibly went through an authorized retailer out in China that is unbeknownst to us. Idk, I’m just spitballing.

Very odd situation here. It was never labelled as an exclusive. All the wording indicated it was a newly added accessory to both versions.

It’s low on the list of my display options but I may have used it on my Asmus Aragorn since I don’t mind hiding the majority of that figure.
Ultimately it’s just another strike against IA that the community won’t forget in a hurry.
I'd roll with it more easily if this was a cheap 3rd party fig like the questionable Winter Soldier/Bucky I have that came with loafers instead of boots.

This just sounds like a company dropping the ball and not checking each and every box is packed with the rolled cloak and full Ranger c!oak, so guess some folks will luck out, some not. So much for me "giving InArt a try". Not a deal breaker but I will have to drum up a Ranger cloak someplace. It's just not - impressive.

Really wild to see all these premiums going out before any standard. Complete opposite of the Joker (and I think Batman?) release where all the standards shipped before any premium went out. Wonder which way the Harry Potter figure will go, since that's going to be shipping now too.

"Official Self-Supporting Channel Special" Seems to indicate some form of exclusivity, even if vaguely phrased/translated.

"Official Self-Supporting Channel Special" Seems to indicate some form of exclusivity, even if vaguely phrased/translated.
The way it's worded that would mean that only those who ordered direct got an "optimized belt" etc. so why would "all fans" be excited and approving? I know I wouldn't have been excited if I understood essentially only Chinese people (e.g those who can order within China) got an "optimized" Aragorn while the rest of the peasants can pound sand. Wtf.

Then someone would have to be sorting out "lesser" belt buckles etc. Ok, so maybe all this is, is a foul up in translation and Western English paragraph structures. That maybe InArt meant only direct orders get Ranger cloaks. But that is $#*& too. How are non Mandarin? speaking customers supposed to order from these people when you don't know what you're getting. Maybe I'll get a surprise and end up with a Superman without his cape because I didn't order direct.

Really wild to see all these premiums going out before any standard. Complete opposite of the Joker (and I think Batman?) release where all the standards shipped before any premium went out. Wonder which way the Harry Potter figure will go, since that's going to be shipping now too.
I think it is totally fine to get a Premium version first. It is like another benefit of ordering Premium...
But production wise it is a bit strange, as Standard should be faster and easier to make.

My Aragorn from Kit arrives today. I'll open it right after work and see if the Ranger cloak is there.

I have no plans to pose him with it, but it would still be disappointing if he wasn't there.
Check every nook and cranny in that box, I hear the cloak might be hidden inside a secret compartment.

You may have to solve a cipher or two to find it.

@HyperDrive 😅

Check every nook and cranny in that box, I hear the cloak might be hidden inside a secret compartment.

You may have to solve a cipher or two to find it.

@HyperDrive 😅
You mean like Patrick's box with the secret photo from the last Christmas party? :eek:

I have experience with Hanayamah puzzles, but that might be a bit too big for me.

Back