InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't something -- Legolas -- supposed to be announced the end of last month? Or is it this month?

If Legolas PO goes up in Nov/Dec and InArt takes 2 years to deliver, then, considering influencer batch and delays, we won't have the elf in hand until early 2027 at best.

toss-baby-doll.gif
Off topic but if they release a Legolas with rooted hair but sculpted braids then I am absolutely jumping off LOTR and selling my Gandalf and Aragorn. That Dany prototype they showed a while back looked real bad and I’m pretty worried they might try that for Legolas.

I also had this first reaction when i opened the head sculpt case. My first thought: that beard looks much more simple than i thought. Just a solid paintbrush job (what was i expecting, real micro hair?)
Second thought was: well it does look a lot like viggo, but something...maybe it looks too clean? I should try and weather the skin a bit. He doesnt look like just from a movie scene. If that makes sense.
Still a great sculpt and the outfit is perfect in my eyes. Iam super happy!
Yeah, a bit of grime could go a long way, actually.

Agreed on the outfit and accessories. There are people here who may notice things that aren't 100% accurate, but everything fits and drapes perfectly, to my eyes.

That's pretty much how I feel about every figure almost.

I'm not blown away anymore. That sense of wonder is lost. Even with customs.

However I do think (or hope) that I'll be particularly impressed with this Aragorn.

Get him geared up. Utilize its strengths.

I'd actually love to see Jaxon try his hand at making a coat. His leather like printing technique on lightweight fabric could yield something interesting.

I want a coat that can crease and drape more naturally. This one's too thick and flat.
Yep, I've slowed down massively on figure buying because nothing excites me like it used to. This was different, though. I'd known for a few days that it was arriving today, and I actually found myself wishing the days away. Closest I've felt to being a child at Christmas in almost 25 years.

Trying to capture that moment right at the end of Fellowship. Just lacking the rip in the upper left sleeve and general dirtiness.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240910_221751_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_221751_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240910_231426_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_231426_Gallery.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm not blown away anymore. That sense of wonder is lost. Even with customs.

nothing excites me like it used to. This was different, though. I'd known for a few days that it was arriving today, and I actually found myself wishing the days away. Closest I've felt to being a child at Christmas in almost 25 years.

But then... the let down. The face is actually a doll face; plastic, paint for beard. It's not real. The clothing, all fake. It's not real. The real hair is not real. And it's too hard to move (forget that you style your own hair every friggin' day). Sadness fills you. Why did I buy this? What now? What do I have to look forward to in life?

And then the kicker -- no gray cloak.

You turn to the open window on your 4th floor apartment. You consider. If only for a moment...

But then... the let down. The face is actually a doll face; plastic, paint for beard. It's not real. The clothing, all fake. It's not real. The real hair is not real. And it's too hard to move (forget that you style your own hair every friggin' day). Sadness fills you. Why did I buy this? What now? What do I have to look forward to in life?

You turn to the open window on your 4th floor apartment. You consider. If only for a moment...
If only you knew.

Thank God I live in a bungalow.

Received mine today. Ranger cloak aside, it’s an impressive figure. I’ll probably change out the magnet in the base for stronger Rare Earth ones. I still have the ACI version, so I’ll take the Ranger cloak from that one.
Did the ACI have a Ranger Cloak? I had him back in the day and I don't remember him having the Ranger Cloak. Just the Elven one.

Closest I've felt to being a child at Christmas in almost 25 years.
That's the feeling I desperately wanted when I got the Hot Toys Delorean.

But the seats were scuffed and detached during shipping. Parts on the back, valves and such, were broken. Wheels also Broken. Lights not working etc..

All common QC problems, but I'd won the lottery for all of it.

Instead, I felt I had flushed $1K down the toilet, and lost out on something I had wanted, and eagerly anticipated for many years of my life.

I still have that thing stored in the box. I couldn't get a refund or a replacement, despite reaching out to Hot Toys directly. And I just feel sad every time that I think about it.

Left a real sour taste for collecting.

Last edited:
Back