InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried my hand on trimming and futzing the hair. Need a stronger gel or hair product to prevent the wool hair from curling up again.

Edit: haven't gotten to futzing the attire yet. I'll leave that for another day.

1000063104.jpg

Yeah man he's incredible, I'm just annoyed at the fact that there's not Legolas yet, I know we'll 90% gonna see it at the festival but will it be a early proto? Ready for PO? Dang...

Tried my hand on trimming and futzing the hair. Need a stronger gel or hair product to prevent the wool hair from curling up again.

Edit: haven't gotten to futzing the attire yet. I'll leave that for another day.

View attachment 726705

I gotta say, that's a fantastic haircut! :clap

Any trick for you? Did you wash the full head of hair or just trim the bangs and thin?

I gotta say, that's a fantastic haircut! :clap

Any trick for you? Did you wash the full head of hair or just trim the bangs and thin?

Thanks.

Where to start... honestly, I don't want to do this again but it seems I'll have to for the other inart stuff down the line.

Pulled up some photos from the movie as a guide during the process. I didn't wash the full head.

I started separating the strands I wanted to shorten for the bangs. Moved them forward and wet those with a thin paint brush. Cut those stands just above the nostrils and tried to straighten the strands with more water while applying some diluted gel with the brush as well. I separated the strands as much as possible because cutting them all at once won't look good. Clumped some back together with diluted gel while trying to straighten it. There's a reason I left the bangs somewhat long because I decided to quickly pass a lighter at the tips to give it a more natural look. I'm not sure if that was Neko's intent with the proverbial blowtorch but that's what came to my mind. Styled it again with more diluted gel using the paint brush while moving those strands forward as much as possible.

Then moved on to the hair covering the sides of the face. Wet it with the paintbrush while moving it next to the bangs, straightening, and pressing against the sides of the face. Added diluted gel while flattening and straightening it against the sides of the head.

The rest of the hair I tried pulling them to the back using the same method above. There's just too much volume that I think the sculpt benefits from having some pulled out. However, I don't know how to go about doing that so maybe that's something I need to read on.

Yours definitely looks thinned -- which is great. But to be clear, you didn't cut/remove any of the hair on your Aragorn (other than the few bangs)? Just shifted the volume?

Great advice. Maybe you have a before photo to show us how thick your hair was to start.

I'm taking in as much advice as I can before I begin my own salon for Aragorn.

Yours definitely looks thinned -- which is great. But to be clear, you didn't cut/remove any of the hair on your Aragorn (other than the few bangs)? Just shifted the volume?

Great advice. Maybe you have a before photo to show us how thick your hair was to start.

I'm taking in as much advice as I can before I begin my own salon for Aragorn.
You can get rid of a lot of the volume simply by patting it down with some water treatment.

Then just add your product to keep it in place.

Middle earth supercuts. Lol!

I didn't take a photo before. Just decided to go through it the moment I opened the box.

Pretty much wetting and styling it flat against the sides can give that thinned look. Shifting the back half of the hair to the rear also helps with the thinned look. Basically, anything behind the ears should help.

This figure is so amazing! Zero QC issues out of the box for me after having a handful with Gandalf. I haven't changed any hands yet, so how those stay in is yet to be seen.

The head sculpt and tailoring are a work of art. A one year and nine month wait was totally worth it for how Aragorn turned out.

Here is a quick picture out of the box:
20240919_195923.jpg

Once you buy each, InArt will gift everyone a Ranger cloak.

So please, put your orders in.
As good as InArts tailoring is, it still won't match custom work. 2double8ights work is excellent. Plus striving for screen accuracy. I gotta say I'm glad InArt fumbled the ball on this so I will have a better cloak when it's said and done.

InArt is in a damned if you do damned if you don't pickle now. Pissed off a group not including it. Then if they gift it or make it so you can actually buy it, they piss off the group that got the exclusive.

Back