InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone can recommend a horse for him? I've been looking at the John Dunbar horse or maybe the mrz thoroughbred as a base model. But not really sure what might fit. Many horses are too small (would fit with the nazgul eh)

InArt masterpieces. These two blow me away.

IMG0359.jpeg
This picture is incredible.

Anyone can recommend a horse for him? I've been looking at the John Dunbar horse or maybe the mrz thoroughbred as a base model. But not really sure what might fit. Many horses are too small (would fit with the nazgul eh)
The original Brego was a Dutch Warmblood - see the ebay listing for JXK.

Although I'd carefully study examples of the breed and compare to the 1/6. None too sure these manufacturers pay that much attention - hard to say.

I picked up a 1/6 that supposedly was a draft horse but sure looks more like an Akahal-Teke (Mr. Z) that I already have except they slapped some fake fur on the hooves.

IMO you could go with a Thoroughbred or Akahal-Teke e.g. Brego looked more or less Thoroughbred-like, to me. Horse experts might have a different opinion. Can confirm the Akahal-Teke is a big piece in 1/6 - got mine from Timewalker a few years back. E.g. I prefer not to order internationally off the 'bay, but U.S. distributors may or may not have the horse you want.

Horse-ignorant folk like me have observed that Brego is brown... So get a brown one.
Just to be a pill about it, Brego is a dark bay e.g. dark red brown with a white blaze on the face.

Brown horses are brown e.g. more yellow tan than reddish.

But Aragorn didn't have Brego until TTT. Hasufel was a bay with a bay mane and tail.

Is it only collectors that are obsessive-compulsive?:lol

Brego2_opt.jpg

Wow, I just noticed the leatherwork and studs on the halter, so much detail in these films!!! 😮

uraeus-retired.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, he bought him after the films.(y)
My nerding memory is a bit fuzzy at this point, but I think he bought a couple of the horses from the movies (I believe also Arwen's horse, too?) And didn't he end up giving them to the woman who was Liv Tyler's stunt double who he dated during production?

That said, I could TOTALLY be mis-remembering this!

Back