InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this is amazing. I opened mine quickly just to check it from delivery and I'm very impressed. No futzing minus some erroneous strands, straight from tube.
1000010813.jpg

Did you have to futz with the hair?

Those were more or less out of the box photos actually, just pulled some bangs forward to frame the face closer to the proto.

With all the product in the hair, there was some extra volume clumped up around the front sides of the face which obscured the portrait a bit more than I wanted on the shelf. Had time today to spritz some water on and move some of those strands back on the sides for a more natural fall.

IMG_3596.jpeg

I will never understand why I got such *&^% hair out of the box:mad:; everyone else seems to have gotten great hair.
Maybe I was cursed because this isn't my fav ME character.

Mine didn’t look great out of the box. I sprayed the hair with a water bottle and used some fine tipped tweezers to futz the hair to get it looking good. It makes a big difference to wet the hair and spread it out more naturally. I actually ended up doing it twice.

IMG_2413.jpeg

Granted, the photo on the right is a better closeup with warmer lighting. The one on the left is zoomed in from a shot where he’s paired with Gandalf. But hopefully it serves to illustrate that the straight-out-of-the-box hair was comparatively stiff and unnatural looking.

Last edited:
Those were more or less out of the box photos actually, just pulled some bangs forward to frame the face closer to the proto.

With all the product in the hair, there was some extra volume clumped up around the front sides of the face which obscured the portrait a bit more than I wanted on the shelf. Had time today to spritz some water on and move some of those strands back on the sides for a more natural fall.

View attachment 734019

Did you touch up the eyebrows...?

This is SUCH an fun and expressive figure to pose. Just a subtle tilt of the neck and head, and a tiny tweak to make sure one shoulder is ever so slightly higher than the other ... you can give him that wily, "Jim-Morrison-rockstar" body language that Viggo inhabited throughout the films. Throw in a little slightly suspicious side-eye and this thing comes to LIFE.

Some people have 2 of these...and here I am just waiting patiently for my first 1.
heheheh.
Sucks when I ordered last day before cut off,but I didn't make that mistake with Lego and Ringwraith
For me, it's just nice to finally look at these pictures as pose inspiration. For a long time there, it looked like I was stuck on the outside looking in! I definitely need to get my Legolas order squared away here so that I'm not chancing it again...

I prefer the strider look for Aragorn but I think the figure looks the best without his duster actually, the Amon Hen look.

Wonder how the Asmus duster would look? Inarts looks thick making him have superhero shoulders.

Back