InArt - The Walking Dead - Rick Grimes 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This stuff makes me want to throw away all my Star Wars and MCU HTs. They're all starting to look like such childish toys in comparison!

The thief of joy indeed.
A long time ago, I had that “epiphany” lol. But I love Star Wars too much to get rid of them.

I’ve accepted it that I just see them as large 12” toys. I’m able to derive a sense of joy of seeing other’s Star Wars Black Series or even LEGO minifigure collections, so certainly I’m still able to with my Star Wars Hot Toys figures.

A long time ago, I had that “epiphany” lol. But I love Star Wars too much to get rid of them.

I’ve accepted it that I just see them as large 12” toys. I’m able to derive a sense of joy of seeing other’s Star Wars Black Series or even LEGO minifigure collections, so certainly I’m still able to with my Star Wars Hot Toys figures.
It helps to have them in a separate display

It helps to have them in a separate display
Exactly, that’s what I’m planning actually.

Star Wars in one display. And the rest of the collection in a separate display with INART and most of the Hot Toys figures being customs/modded. Along with full outright customs. I think it will help to keep HT SW from the rest of the more hyperreal figures.

Exactly, that’s what I’m planning actually.

Star Wars in one display. And the rest of the collection in a separate display with INART and most of the Hot Toys figures being customs/modded. Along with full outright customs. I think it will help to keep HT SW from the rest of the more hyperreal figures.
That's what I'm working on exactly

Inart needs to use this as reference for things they could improve
Screenshot_20240829-182251_Chrome-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20240829-182450_Chrome-01.jpeg

Except for the belt ....yes
Or those shirt buttons (proto InArt are already way better) or using snaps to close the shirt. Hate seeing those poke out.
Magnets please or Velcro as the lesser compromise.
1724969402733.png

What I’d really like is for them to find a way to achieve the bunched/crinkled effect on the stitched sections of the shirt.
1724969777798.png

Even if it’s just a printed effect. The added realism would go a long way in my book.

Slightly off topic but thought I'd put all the common head sculpts of Rick into one for comparison. Ranked them 1 to 8 imo.

MEITU_20240830_112653349 copy.jpg

1. Sculpt by Hideyuver, imo the best Rick likeness currently (although maybe looks abit too calm or relaxed haha), probably more suitable for how he looked in TWD:TOWL and maybe season 7.
2. Sculpt by Dai_qz, I see this one in alot of customs. It can be slightly hit or miss if the paintjob isn't up to par, but when done well it looks great. I have this sculpt for my season 5 look.
3. I believe this sculpt is by Mina yu, Likeness is real good and I believe present toys is doing a recast of this sculpt.
4. Sculpt by Balloon man, I have this sculpt and I think the likeness looks great for how he looked in season 9. I do think the skin details are abit too intense though.
5. I believe this is done by Yixie, I think the sculpt and likeness is good but the expression is abit funny, even if he does make this face in the show often , its more limited.
6. Sculpt by Inart currently, looks promising so far, I'm looking forward to when they update the sculpt (like how they did Aragorn first showing, abit rough at the start but then the changes it turned out to be the best looking prototype ever).
7. I think this is by Jacob Rhamier, its one of the older sculpts but still solid.
8. Threezero sculpt, details are quite soft and even after a repaint, while the likeness is decent, it doesn't compare to the others imo.

Slightly off topic but thought I'd put all the common head sculpts of Rick into one for comparison. Ranked them 1 to 8 imo.

View attachment 723048

1. Sculpt by Hideyuver, imo the best Rick likeness currently (although maybe looks abit too calm or relaxed haha), probably more suitable for how he looked in TWD:TOWL and maybe season 7.
2. Sculpt by Dai_qz, I see this one in alot of customs. It can be slightly hit or miss if the paintjob isn't up to par, but when done well it looks great. I have this sculpt for my season 5 look.
3. I believe this sculpt is by Mina yu, Likeness is real good and I believe present toys is doing a recast of this sculpt.
4. Sculpt by Balloon man, I have this sculpt and I think the likeness looks great for how he looked in season 9. I do think the skin details are abit too intense though.
5. I believe this is done by Yixie, I think the sculpt and likeness is good but the expression is abit funny, even if he does make this face in the show often , its more limited.
6. Sculpt by Inart currently, looks promising so far, I'm looking forward to when they update the sculpt (like how they did Aragorn first showing, abit rough at the start but then the changes it turned out to be the best looking prototype ever).
7. I think this is by Jacob Rhamier, its one of the older sculpts but still solid.
8. Threezero sculpt, details are quite soft and even after a repaint, while the likeness is decent, it doesn't compare to the others imo.
Some of these have awful hair/paintwork. It's difficult to judge a sculpt that way.

Yeah, it can be hard to judge since they're all under different lighting/conditions. But I'm sure by looking at them and with a little bit of imagination, you can make your own judgement.

Hope comparison helps for those that want to get into the Custom game. By the time the Inart one comes out I wont be surprised with the pace they're going, it wont be in our hands until 2026/27 lol..

I remember the very first (pretty sure) Rick sculpt from Scott Pettersen when that show was slowly gaining momentum back in '10 or '11.

What I’d really like is for them to find a way to achieve the bunched/crinkled effect on the stitched sections of the shirt.
View attachment 722994

Even if it’s just a printed effect. The added realism would go a long way in my book.
This is where I’m coming from right now. The D&S denim shirt is pretty iconic, but if they’re not getting it right I’d rather them try something different. They can go with this one that wouldn’t require much fading/weathering while sticking with the general look:
IMG_9524.jpeg

Or go all out with this shirt/murder jacket combo that keeps the same general idea and season while also adding another iconic piece of the costume:
IMG_9523.jpeg

Yeah, I love the murder jacket. It really should be included as an additional clothing option.
Passing up on showing off the seamless arms would be tough but I still want the option.

View attachment 723048

Based on these pictures, I’d reorder them thusly-
1, 4, 5, 6, 2, 7, 8, 3

Back