James “Bucky” Barnes Premium Format Figure – Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the EX but I'm really on the fence about this one the more I look at the pics. Love the character, but will have to wait for the final product. Glad I've got about 9 months to decided

I wish they could tell us the Edition # before the EX actually gets sold out.

They used to but they had so many folks complain that they eventually changed to the tdb method.

Very true.

They changed it to TBD so they can see the number of people on the waitlist and put most of them into the new expanded edition size. So when it's sold out they are just expanding the initial edition number to accomodate everyone. That's why a few weeks after the initial PO, many waitlisters get converted.

i was actually going to order this but since i totally forgot about this piece, :slap i figured if i couldn't remember it then it just wasn't meant to be. so this is a pass :dunno
no complaints about the piece here though, congrats to those that ordered.

Hey quadcent, how've u been brother? :p I got in for the EX. I doubt we'll see a better treatment of Bucky anytime soon.

Very true.

They changed it to TBD so they can see the number of people on the waitlist and put most of them into the new expanded edition size. So when it's sold out they are just expanding the initial edition number to accomodate everyone. That's why a few weeks after the initial PO, many waitlisters get converted.

This also true for the DareDevil comiquette EX? I'm on the waitlist and I'm praying it gets converted for me...

Hey quadcent, how've u been brother? :p I got in for the EX. I doubt we'll see a better treatment of Bucky anytime soon.

Yep if you're a Bucky fan it's safe to say this will probably be the best version of Bucky. I doubt they will release a comiquette of him after this unless it's 1:4 scale and I don't forsee that happening.

Yep if you're a Bucky fan it's safe to say this will probably be the best version of Bucky. I doubt they will release a comiquette of him after this unless it's 1:4 scale and I don't forsee that happening.

Aye, for me, Sideshow Premium Format Marvel statues are the best representation of any Marvel character out there.

Hi res face shots.

facecompare02.jpg

The ex is a must for this one. It seems to say more bucky than the masked head.

Absolutely love this statue, but I'm not too well versed in this version of Cap.

Is there a TPB with the Brubaker storyline, or a collection in general featuring this version of Cap?

I got on the wait list, and if I love the character from reading the TPB, i'll keep the PO when it likely converts.

Hi res face shots.

facecompare02.jpg

The masked and unmasked portraits don't even look like the same character yet alone inspired by the artwork. The face portraits lack the resolute impression from the print. It is early days but Bucky doesn't need the collagen in the lips or the doey eyes that aren't present in the artwork.

Yeah it's the same for all their TBD statues, you will most probably get converted.

Thanks for the reply, mate; sure hope I get converted... back to this statue, I think it's a win-win. If you are Bucky fan like I am, then this should slake your thirst for a kick-ass Bucky statue. On the other hand, even if you are loyal to the costume itself and not necessarily the man behind it, then I think James Barnes has worn it long enough for him to be considered Captain America... I saw Bucky as a stand-in for a while and always felt he'd become Winter Soldier again; but we might need to get used to him being a sidekick no longer :monkey3

Also, didn't Steve give him the nod and refuse to take back the costume from right when Bucky offered to give it back? I think that was right after the fall of Asgard or so. And I hope this doesn't count as a spolier :banghead:banghead

Absolutely love this statue, but I'm not too well versed in this version of Cap.

Is there a TPB with the Brubaker storyline, or a collection in general featuring this version of Cap?

I got on the wait list, and if I love the character from reading the TPB, i'll keep the PO when it likely converts.

Here you go :

Death of Captain America Omnibus

You can get the softcover versions but the Omnibus is nice since it crams all the issues of him donning the shield into one volume. The volume before this one features the Winter Soldier storyline with Cap/Bucky, which covers what he was doing for the past couple of decades, but it's out of stock. You might be able to find it locally or get the regular hardcovers/softcovers instead.

Back