JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Print pic:
12806165_1086913071360900_5503890555259199538_n.jpg

So I didn't expect it...but I get Rocco's Brosnan in the mail today, and I'm happy to say I don't think it's squeezed/stretched at all. I'm not 100% convinced it's better than the older Inigou, but I'm happy to paint it up and see!

This makes me 1000% more excited for Lazenby and the reprinted Dalton!

Then maybe we can get not squished Connery also?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested, I'm selling Wild Toys Agent Paul aka Pierce Brosnan in the auctions section of the forum. I also am selling a custom painted head I bought for him since I'm not keeping the figure due to needing money after finally getting my preorder in-hand today.

Gido, I hope you're right! And Moore too!

I have trouble posting pics from home, but I painted up my Brosnan this morning. Still not 100% sold on the likeness - it looks like Brosnan, all right, but it's as if he just got surprised by a really bad smell? Maybe it's just me though. It's better than the older Inigou, though, and it's definitely not squished.

I'll post a pic when I get to work tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Please put more angles only Rocco's one

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I like the hair on roccos.

Great paint ups capn

I held off on roccos brosnan because the only time I saw any likeness was in the pictures where the sculpt was overlayed on top of the images of the real Brosnan. I can't decide if those overlayed images are a help or a hinderance. I really couldn't make my mind up just looking at images of the raw sculpt.

Anyway, I still like it. I think I need to see more angles and pictures of painted sculpts!

I can't decide if those overlayed images are a help or a hinderance.

Always a hinderance. You can overlay up a photo of Daniel Craig and a sculpt of Daniel Radcliffe. Overlays absolutely never match and always show the photo not the sculpt. It's absolutely impossible to get any benefit toward seeing what the sculpt looks like using an image overlay. To see a realistic depiction of the 3D model requires careful lighting, camera distance and realistic material surfacing. I strongly suggest anyone producing sculpts for sale also create a looping animation of any renders they post. It's more work, but it'll go a long way to selling the work and appeasing customers.

I think it's helpful when you're trying to make adjustments. But it's not so helpful when showing off a final sculpt.

If I could take Rocco's hair and put it on inigou's, it'd be about perfect.

I didn't get a chance to take more pics - he does look better at different angles though. I'll try to do it tonight.

I think it's helpful when you're trying to make adjustments.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care how a sculptor works or what he uses for internal process/inspiration. I just think it's a huge mistake posting overlays and I've asked Rocco a few times to just say "no" when people ask him to do it, especially since he's mentioned he doesn't like them either.

It might be the lighting but I really don't see much likeness in CAPN's
Rocco painted sculpt of Pierce . The Ignou script in my opinion
Look more like Pierce

Back