Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would really shine with a slight head tilt and some sweet side-eye action.
Where we’re at these days, I can’t really consider a mass produced digure to be high end without rolling eyes.

100%.
I have no interest in a gigantic diorama for her. A light up HELL HERE sign would be awesome but the entire bloody apartment building as well?!?! I guess that’s what Jazz does but it’s not for me.

Just make my Shreck corp logo vinyl sticker idea a reality and that’ll be all the ‘member this scene’ sauce I need.

The postage and import fees will be high enough for me just to order a shoebox sized single figure so it’d likely cost an entire HT figure extra to add on a large diorama just in fees.

I’d expect to get the regular and battle damaged figure if everything comes together when protos are finally revealed so I really hope nothing essential is locked behind the diorama paywall.

Modular dioramas are handy so let’s also have modular purchasing options. Start with the basic figure and then just select your additionals. That’s the dream.
Agreed on everything here, I don’t want the battle damaged version locked behind another InArt Deluxe Joker box with that base, but I understand why he wants something extravagant. At least with Joker I justify it because I have a lot of Joker parts I like to keep in one spot, but I don’t need one for Catwoman. Once Moducases arrive I’m throwing out the Tumbler, Batpod, and JazzInc 89’ boxes, this is easily the worst aspect of the hobby. The future is a catch all tray for accessories and extra sculpts, done with this cardboard madness.

If they stick it out with this base they may go all out on every deluxe base in the line, I enjoy film but not enough to dedicate that much space in my home with plans of owning a few vehicles already in place.

I wouldn’t mind if he did the three tier release like both InArt & JND are doing, release a standard, deluxe with two bodies, and premium with two bodies and JazzInc’s signature base series. I understand why the first release probably won’t be due to the production costs it’d take to put 3 different versions through at once all with their personalized packaging, this stuff is a headache from the outside looking in..

I hope the HT 89’ Keaton 2.0 releases soon so they can have it to use as a comparative scale reference with their Pfeiffer prototype, hopefully Joost does this, the measurements are available on Sideshow but you can never truly tell until you compare with other releases in hand.

Last edited:
Three sculpts seems excessive, production on three sculpts per figure, not including the battle damaged second figure seems like you’re asking for a nightmare of QC inspection chasing uniformity.

Chances are people chose that option because they believe they’re getting a better deal and can’t turn down the extra stuff. When’s the last time Hot Toys or InArt offered three sculpts, you’re asking for mediocrity in at least one of them. I see us really liking one of the three, and throwing the other two back in the box never to be seen again, if the base is too big for our tastes, that goes back into the box as well, appears to be a lot of excess plastic to pad out a release. A bare bones Catwoman with a strong likeness with accurate suit and body proportions is all I need.
Exactly

Yeah. Facebook is what we'd call the "bridge and tunnel" crowd.

Joost, this place (Collector Freaks) has its problems but it is a 20+ year community that, in general, has pretty good taste. I hope you'll continue to weigh in here and not try to sort through the madness of FB exclusively.
I will continue to sort through the madness of both for as long as possible. ;) then form an opinion and make a choice

Out of curiosity have you even tried to create a prototype with the movable eyes and swap out faceplates? Wouldn’t faceplates and movable eyes be cheaper than producing and painting three separate head sculpts? Not to mention you can achieve so many different looks.
Actually no, that's the whole point. Just the moveable eyes cost as much as 2 or even 3 headsculpts, let alone adding mouth plates. If I include the mouth plates, then the cost of one sculpt with moveable eyes and a few mouth plates is the same or even more than 3 different headsculpts.
And with 3 separate headsculpts, you dont have to keep the areas around the eyes neutral to make them work for different mouth plates and eye positions. You can really lock in an expression completely.

Actually no, that's the whole point. Just the moveable eyes cost as much as 2 or even 3 headsculpts, let alone adding mouth plates. If I include the mouth plates, then the cost of one sculpt with moveable eyes and a few mouth plates is the same or even more than 3 different headsculpts.
And with 3 separate headsculpts, you dont have to keep the areas around the eyes neutral to make them work for different mouth plates and eye positions. You can really lock in an expression completely.

Would the three head sculpts with different eye expressions/positions feature swappable mouths, so you could use the different mouths with different eye placements?

Or would these be full, one piece heads designed for one look alone?

Would the three head sculpts with different eye expressions/positions feature swappable mouths, so you could use the different mouths with different eye placements?

Or would these be full, one piece heads designed for one look alone?
For these prices I an talking about, they are one piece headsculpts for one look

I will continue to sort through the madness of both for as long as possible. ;) then form an opinion and make a choice
Hopefully the experience doesn't put you off making more figures. :lol

Take what you can from all the feedback but don't compromise your vision trying to please everyone.

Any chance of a Returns Batman if HT don't make a 2.0?

Take what you can from all the feedback but don't compromise your vision trying to please everyone.

I think it makes more sense to complete lines instead of doing new versions of already existing hot toys figures. The original Batman Returns figure is still fine and I rather see penguin, Poison Ivy, Ras etc.

Cat-Esborra-1439544853799007422-n.jpg

Cat-Esborra-6517329520731598353-n.jpg

Cat-Esborra-951731833479728537-n.jpg
Yeah this doesn't really do it for me. Would take up so much space and offers nothing but a flat platform for standing the figure; when I think of deluxe bases, I want something more of a diorama (like the rooftop base that comes with the new red and blue Spider-Man) that offers various ways for the figure to interact/be displayed on it. This may as well be a cardboard backdrop that gets left in the box.

No good. Way too much real estate. The figure should be the centrepiece, not the background.

Also, this doesn't best capture the spirit of the film in my opinion, even if it's based on her apartment front.

@JazzInc Maybe something like this instead? Have the HELL HERE sign on the base front. And some snow perhaps..

View attachment 710919
View attachment 710921
Yes something like these are much more my style.

We will first focus on the missing figures, like catwoman, penguin, a penguin army, poison ivy, etc

I’m also not really digging that huge diorama. My plan was to put in the Detolf, now I’ll have to remove the roof, which will prolly look goofy.

Now, is the DX version only coming with the diorama base or additional features to the actual figure? If not, I’ll just get the two pack and call it a day since those will already come with decent bases.

No, we're not. Ivy is a way more dynamic and interesting design... Oy, so many bad takes in this thread, it's hard to keep up!
It's not a bad take. It's having good taste. Substance over style. Always. Ra's is a much more interesting character from a much better film.

And he looks great in his robes.

Not against Ivy being made by the way.

I mean with Ras you have third party options out there with poison ivy there is nothing at this point.
I see your point. But having plenty of options is meaningless to me if non of them are good.

Otherwise why make this Catwoman, when two other third parties beat Joost with their announcements?

Or Penguin for that matter?

I suppose we should skip straight to Ivy then?

For these prices I an talking about, they are one piece headsculpts for one look
Confused by this as well. I thought the plan was to have 2 eye pieces, one for normal and one for battle damage. Then have 3 swappable mouth pieces for each? Is it now down to just 1 sculpt for the normal and 1 sculpt for the battle damage?

PhaFpZu.jpeg

Back