Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the reveal video he said they were trying to get real metal claws in there, so I'm assuming it's for the basic figure. But I would take plastic claws if it drives the cost down and gives them budget room to implement moveable eyes.

JazzInc Dioramas said:
Viola is starting on the first test paint of the first relaxed neutral head sculpt. Look at the typical Michelle Pfeiffer mouth and those typical eyes!

Esborra-447972582-853398293478314-1743572622801163305-n.jpg

Esborra-448230024-853398326811644-1565362674617538409-n.jpg

Esborra-448044951-853398313478312-4359734938105982628-n.jpg

I wouldn’t mind if JazzInc waited to do moveable eyes later on. This is their first figure not counting Vulture and putting in a moveable eye system seems to be a little much right out of the gate from a production stand point.

If the paint applications are great, the suit + body is nice and we get a lot of different head options, I’m cool with no moving eyes. They could alway revisit her with movable eyes at a later date, maybe offer it with another character. For now, I’m cool with their vision at this point in time. PERS / moveable eyes is a gimmick I use once and never again.

As a one time metal-worker (jewellery design, goldsmithing) I can tell you that plastic will offer sharper detail and better durability for those claws. The only way to match plastic detail would be to hand-fabricate rather than cast the parts, and I don't see that as a viable production strategy.

We would likely not have gotten moving eyes with Mars, so I'm fine not getting them here.

As long as the eyes are looking slightly upward -- irises barely touching the bottom of the eyelid... ;)

Given Mars typically makes more budget priced figures and releases them for $150-200, I wasn't ever expecting moveable eyes from their version.

Jazzinc wants to be at least at Hot Toys quality and in their ball park price point; I think in order to stay in that competitive range Joost would eventually have to develop moveable eyes anyway for the future. Which would just make it a shame if Michelle Catwoman misses out on this feature because she's their first 1/6 figure, and I'd argue this is the grail piece that would warrant moveable eyes the most considering she has so many great looks with various eye positions even for neutral eye expressions.

I'd rather Joost take as much time as they need on this project. He mentioned he's looking into moveable eyes. Just a matter if they're able to make it look good or not and it was initially out of their $300 price budget, but that they'll do a vote for it for a slightly higher price point if it turns out well.

catwoman returns eyes2 vlcsnap-2024-06-10-17h11m42s870.jpg

He also said it's too early to decide what they'll go with. So it looks like they might be looking at various solutions regarding the eye options.

IMG_8389.jpeg

I am not convinced this thing is gonna remain in the "$250-$300" price range. HT is already pushing for $400 being the average price for a lot of their newer figs.

Granted, some of those are Deluxe versions but they neuter the regular versions so hard now that it's pretty much Deluxe or bust.

I am not convinced this thing is gonna remain in the "$250-$300" price range. HT is already pushing for $400 being the average price for a lot of their newer figs.

Granted, some of those are Deluxe versions but they neuter the regular versions so hard now that it's pretty much Deluxe or bust.
I don’t know what currency you’re talking in but just about every Hot Toys figure announced this year that isn’t a diecast iron man, deluxe edition or bundled with a big diorama base has been in the $255-$290 range.

What Jazzinc has described Catwoman to include is much more in line with what you called “neutered” Hot Toys regular editions (which are fine!).

I don’t know what currency you’re talking in but just about every Hot Toys figure announced this year that isn’t a diecast iron man, deluxe edition or bundled with a big diorama base has been in the $255-$290 range.
Perhaps it's just the ones I'm interested in lately. You maybe right. But..

New Wolverine
Batfleck 2.0
Armored Batfleck (ok $340)
Sculpted hair Nolan Joker

To me, that is the beginning of price creep. After shipping and taxes of course.

HT Modern Suit Batman is only $300 and already offers more than Jazzinc's basic Catwoman that only has one headsculpt. We'll only get many more accessories / extra headsculpts for Catwoman if preorders are a huge success, which I think it will be.

$300 - Bruce Headsculpt with moveable eyes, Batman headsculpt with 3 face plates and moveable eyes, 2 capes, LED light up base, hand and weapon accessories

batman-modern-suit_dc-comics_gallery_662299ac4dba1.jpg

$340 - DeadPool Wolverine Deluxe - Hugh headsculpt with moveable eyes, Wolverine headsculpt with 3 mouth plates, 2 pairs of arms - one sleeved, other sleeveless with seamless design, interchangeable clothes / armor for battle damage look

6802dbef1f10a5b7975a1035e4e83058.jpeg

Perhaps it's just the ones I'm interested in lately. You maybe right. But..

New Wolverine
Batfleck 2.0
Armored Batfleck (ok $340)
Sculpted hair Nolan Joker

To me, that is the beginning of price creep.
Well new Wolverine seems closest to what Catwoman would be akin to; three mouthplates, figure in a suit, and claws! That’s $280 - and that’s the import price AFTER Sideshow has added in their 20-25% markup.

IMG_6340.jpeg

Batfleck 2.0 is $290 and you’re getting two heads with rolling eyes; seems like a good value, although I think Hot Toys is more price-competitive on DC figures in general recently because of InArt.

IMG_6341.jpeg

$340 + shipping and taxes is about $380....
Well new Wolverine seems closest to what Catwoman would be akin to; three mouthplates, figure in a suit, and claws! That’s $280 - and that’s the import price AFTER Sideshow has added in their 20-25% markup.

View attachment 707677
Nobody wants the regular version that lol

Well, generally nobody does. Just my opinion.

$340 + shipping and taxes is about $380....

Nobody wants the regular version that lol

Well, generally nobody does. Just my opinion.

I mean you can easily buy it from "not sideshow" where the retailer doesn't charge tax. And we'll also have to pay shipping for Jazzinc's catwoman too. That Deluxe Wolverine already offers considerably more features and accessories than what we have of a single Catwoman so far. If Joost could give us MP Catwoman with the unmasked sculpt with moveable eyes, and with the masked cowl with moveable eyes and 3 mouth plates for $340, I highly doubt anyone here or on social media will be complaining

A JazzInc standard figure will cost me InArt deluxe set money since I’m in the UK so there’s no point in me even concerning myself with the retail price.

Shipping + customs and VAT will make it absurdly expensive regardless so I just have to be really sure I care for the character.

Back