Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc Dioramas

Admin
1m

Here is a first teaser of our 1/6 scale Michelle Pfeiffer Batman Returns Catwoman figure. We still hope to open preorders on September 30th if we get quotes back from everyone in the supply chain on time. More to come and will keep everone posted!

View attachment 726489

Attachments

• 1726688965433.gif
    1726688965433.gif
    207.4 KB · Views: 0
Same here, i usually pose once and that’s the look I stick with.

But it’s always nice to have options for the occasional future repose.

I like the extra sculpts because you can kitbash another figure or just display the spare headsculpt by itself on a bust stand.
Can't do that if we only get one sculpt + faceplates.

Man I leave this thread for a week and everything completely changes again! Lol

I'm a little nervous about the rolling eyes and faceplate idea, but if it's executed well and not like Asmus Gandalf, it could work.

And I'm fully on board with the tongue sculpt. The neutral one is way too boring for this character.

Same here, i usually pose once and that’s the look I stick with.

But it’s always nice to have options for the occasional future repose.

I like the extra sculpts because you can kitbash another figure or just display the spare headsculpt by itself on a bust stand.
Not me!! I play with all my toys🤣

Honestly, I’m really excited to see how this develops and, considering the **** I’ve been pre-ordering as of late, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t probably going to PO the Ultimate when it goes up. To this point, the only questions in my mind are: 1.) Can mass production reflect what we’re currently seeing and 2.) what’s the turnaround time going to be? I was really hoping InArt could put Hot Toys in their place, but I think they bit off more than they could chew and have kind of gone radio silent. I’m not really putting anybody on a pedestal, but I do think it’s better for all of us when we have options and I’m hoping Jazzinc can make the jump from vehicles to figures and be one of them.

Specifically, because I want to see how this informs later releases. Will we get this sort of unique body and attention to detail when Joost does his take on the West Batman? How about ‘89? I’m just…very curious and pretty excited to see how it all comes together.

Honestly, I’m really excited to see how this develops and, considering the **** I’ve been pre-ordering as of late, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t probably going to PO the Ultimate when it goes up. To this point, the only questions in my mind are: 1.) Can mass production reflect what we’re currently seeing and 2.) what’s the turnaround time going to be? I was really hoping InArt could put Hot Toys in their place, but I think they bit off more than they could chew and have kind of gone radio silent. I’m not really putting anybody on a pedestal, but I do think it’s better for all of us when we have options and I’m hoping Jazzinc can make the jump from vehicles to figures and be one of them.

Specifically, because I want to see how this informs later releases. Will we get this sort of unique body and attention to detail when Joost does his take on the West Batman? How about ‘89? I’m just…very curious and pretty excited to see how it all comes together.
I believe the release time is Dec 2025 from what i remember. Obviously they may change that.

Glad to see the rolling eyeballs option back on the table, but I still think there should be separate head sculpts rather than swappable faceplates so that the areas around the eyes match the mouth expressions (even if they all look very similar around the eyes).

Still a bit nervous about the final paint job, but looking forward to the final reveal. I won't be getting the clean version (battle damaged or bust), so my vote doesn't matter, but the meow one is my least favorite of the bunch, followed by the neutral. The tongue out feels unnecessary but is at least unique and lends itself to fun pose options.

I agree. Face plates suck, i don’t want the integrity of the face to suffer, do the rolling eyes and that’s it.

I agree. Face plates suck, i don’t want the integrity of the face to suffer, do the rolling eyes and that’s it.
Well that was the choice. My suggestion was three full faces with fixed eyes. The alternative was one headsulpt with moving eyes or the moving eyes sculpt with face plates. You can't have your cake and eat it too unless we are overwhelmed with orders and have more budget to work with. That's why I kept saying that moveable eyes in a single sculpt would be the same price as three separate sculpts

Your suggestion of 3 headsculpts with moving eyes and no faceplates just increased the price to almost 3x my original budget

Last edited:
Moveable eyes with face plates is the better option. The eye expressions are pretty much the same in the clean version. I think Joost implied it’s not yet decided on if the battle damage will only have one head since the eye expression changes there are more extreme

A 'Parallel Eye Rolling System' or a 'Separate Eye Rolling System' ?

PERS tended to break so Hot Toys changed to SERS.

SERS are a nuisance to align, especially if they're as frictionless as Hot Toys' which are also liable to fall out (as on Thrawn).

I'd prefer multiple heads over one head with movable eyes and changeable expression plates, so you can at least display the other heads.

I don't think I really want this figure anyway as she's never been a preferred version of Catwoman, so I'm looking at her as an expendable guinea pig.

A 'Parallel Eye Rolling System' or a 'Separate Eye Rolling System' ?

PERS tended to break so Hot Toys changed to SERS.

SERS are a nuisance to align, especially if they're as frictionless as Hot Toys' which are also liable to fall out (as on Thrawn).

I'd prefer multiple heads over one head with movable eyes and changeable expression plates, so you can at least display the other heads.

I don't think I really want this figure anyway as she's never been a preferred version of Catwoman, so I'm looking at her as an expendable guinea pig.
SERS always.

I agree with Asta. I prefer fixed eyes. I don't want to deal with broken eye sticks, or if one eye decides not to move. plus I can never get a separate eye system to look real, ones always just a bit off enough to look crossed eye.

plus I can never get a separate eye system to look real, ones always just a bit off enough to look crossed eye.

It just takes a little extra time, but once you get them lined up properly, they look miles better than the majority of painted eyes. Like futzing with rooted hair.

When I move a figure with SERS’ eyes I hold the head separately while positioning the eyes from the angle I want them to look, and slowly mess with the positioning until it looks like they’re making direct eye contact with me. That seems to help a bit.

Last edited:
Back