JND Studios: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 1:3 Harrison Ford and Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear JND are their own worst enemies when it comes to promoting their products.

Their photographers could learn a lesson or two about making these things pop and really show the sculpts at their best - and now whoever does their futzing should be fired instantly. Everything about that display is soooooooooooooo bad, it's nothing short of embarrassing.

:slap

(BTW mods - we need a clown(s) emoji - even a circus tent would suffice).

And on that note...

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 17.17.00.jpeg

EVERY cell phone camera gives a slimming effect in closeups of faces, albeit your face or a statue's face.

And this seems to be the prototype folks, NOT the production. I was going to say that if this was the production piece then it would be one of the quickest turnaround times from prototype to production that I've seen. I'm not worried as much anymore, but one thing that I think needs to get fixed is his fedora. The fedora is too tapered up to the crown and there are weird angles behind the pinch/dents on the top of the crown. Plus, there is no curl up on the sides, which is a classic feature of the Last Crusade fedora.

Here are some rough lines to demonstrate.

462113140_10161511634210491_7344998074136195687_n.jpg

461924851_10161511636330491_3591601395244062049_n.jpg

I'm not on facebook so I'm intrigued to hear what the reaction has been to these photos and have JND given any kind of official reply? They need to do some rapid fire-fighting on this to try and give people the confidence not to cancel after seeing these photos.
The reaction was not good. Universal condemnation sums it up.

I don't really post at all on Facebook but did put a post saying, 'so is it confirmed this is still only a prototype and not production' and the page admin replied 'confirmed'. laster on.

I don't really post at all on Facebook but did put a post saying, 'so is it confirmed this is still only a prototype and not production' and the page admin replied 'confirmed'. laster on.

Thank god.

If they release those pants with that color, I'm just going to assume everyone that works for them has a mental disability. I've never seen any Indy product - even from the $2 Kenner figures back in the day, that have completely ****** the color like these clowns... let alone everything else that is so obviously wrong with this thing.

They deserve the condemnation.

WonderFest. Pics by Collectors Ark.
Did Collectors Ark take any photos of the JND Superman and Clark statues? These are the best photos I've seen from the show so far apart from the lens distortion which I've attempted to reduce in this edited version of their photo.

Attachments

• JND-Indy-Lens Distortion Corrected.jpg
    JND-Indy-Lens Distortion Corrected.jpg
    1.3 MB
Last edited:

Was that on their own Facebook page, or the JND Collectors Group page (which isn't officially JND and is a group run by people who collect JND's statues)?

These messages of dissatisfaction need to get back to the source ie: JND Studios. I hope they're seeing these reactions and will update Indy accordingly! There is NO excuse in getting the pants color wrong because they've got a piece of 100% accurate fabric in their art department that I shipped to them!

Was that on their own Facebook page, or the JND Collectors Group page (which isn't officially JND and is a group run by people who collect JND's statues)?

These messages of dissatisfaction need to get back to the source ie: JND Studios. I hope they're seeing these reactions and will update Indy accordingly! There is NO excuse in getting the pants color wrong because they've got a piece of 100% accurate fabric in their art department that I shipped to them!
The messages were posted here which reads as semi-official:

Attachments

• IMG_8043.jpeg
    IMG_8043.jpeg
    1.3 MB
Yea, I would imagine they are paying close attention to that group. How do we think they got the negative feedback for Superman to redo him? I'm sure they will make some positive changes here for Indy. Start with the fedora shape and color and pants color, JND!

Yea, I would imagine they are paying close attention to that group. How do we think they got the negative feedback for Superman to redo him? I'm sure they will make some positive changes here for Indy. Start with the fedora shape and color and pants color, JND!
And change those goofy eyebrows which totally kill the likeness

is there any other person on the planet more difficult to get an accurate sculpt of? This isn't terrible but it's definitely off. HT's Old Man Han probably came the closest...
They've got REALLY close if you ignore the eyebrows (and assuming the gauntness is caused by lens distortion from people's camera phones and not actually sculpted thin like that). With the eyebrows levelled out more, it becomes much better very quickly.

That's a nice sculpt but a terrible Ford likeness.
It's actually near flawless (to me at least) apart from the eyebrows. Everything else on the face and ears matches up superbly. It's just the awful eyebrow expression choice and mediocre Fedora sculpt that's throwing it off. IF you zoom in on this screencap from their reveal video so you can't see his eyebrows, it could almost be an actual photo of Ford. Remove the "offending" parts from view so your brain doesn't "see" them and you will see Ford I'm sure.

Attachments

• JND-Indy2.JPG
    JND-Indy2.JPG
    40.6 KB
Last edited:
Back