Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So seems as I and many other suspected. An utterly pointless sequel that adds nothing to the original.

11 minute standing ovation from pretentious film bro's.
with adding lady Gaga it should have been obvious . obvious.
I heard somewhere that she didn't just act on it but she had a hand in making it. huge red flag. I was waiting for reviews just to see how it was.

I wanted to give it a chance, but. lady Gaga? come on.

I've heard pretty bad things.

with adding lady Gaga it should have been obvious . obvious.
I heard somewhere that she didn't just act on it but she had a hand in making it. huge red flag. I was waiting for reviews just to see how it was.

I wanted to give it a chance, but. lady Gaga? come on.

I've heard pretty bad things.
Don't see what the issue with Lady Gaga is, she's been a good actor in the past.

Don't see what the issue with Lady Gaga is, she's been a good actor in the past.
she's had minor roles in a few movies and she's been in American horror story. and I didn't really love any of them. and making this movie part musical makes me wonder how much influence she had.
has she written anything before? any other movie?

she's had minor roles in a few movies and she's been in American horror story. and I didn't really love any of them. and making this movie part musical makes me wonder how much influence she had.
has she written anything before? any other movie?
Where are you seeing that she had a hand in writing this? I don't see anything about that. She's not a credited writer on it either.

In fact, some of the criticisms say that she's underutilised in the movie.

Where are you seeing that she had a hand in writing this? I don't see anything about that. She's not a credited writer on it either.

In fact, some of the criticisms say that she's underutilised in the movie.
not a hand in writing it, maybe not the story, but I read that she had to do with the songs. and that she had input on her role. is she just an actress and not producing?

not a hand in writing it, maybe not the story, but I read that she had to do with the songs. and that she had input on her role. is she just an actress and not producing?
I thought this was gonna be a jukebox musical? Also don't most actors have input on their character? Tarantino is the only one that comes to mind(at the moment) in that he wants the actor to perform only what he wrote.

I thought this was gonna be a jukebox musical? Also don't most actors have input on their character? Tarantino is the only one that comes to mind(at the moment) in that he wants the actor to perform only what he wrote.

I mean… obviously…

I would have to type in spoilers for more details but I read that the focus moves from joker to her. I read the basic plot and the reviews they said that literally said that fans of joker 1 might not like this one

Reviews seem to be all over the place for this, and I know many comic fans who were hoping to see the "evil mastermind Joker" will be disappointed, but as someone who's fine with a continuation of the original movie about a very damaged and broken man, I'm still feeling pretty optimistic about it.

Plus I just love weird experimental stuff like this.

Looks like RT is at 61% now. But regardless, the first movie only scored a 69% and we all know it was much better than that, so this is one movie where I'm not too concerned about the critical reaction.

It probably won't be as good as the first, but I'm sure it'll still be much better than what the critics are saying.

Lady Gaga, singing, dancing, costumes... seems like critics should be eating this right up. So for them to be 'meh' about it means it must be much worse than we're expecting.

200w.gif

You have to remember, the first Joker film was a big protracted and overlapping unhinged dream sequence, so I think escalating to a musical is quite in keeping with the premise. Last film it was a talk show (that may have never happened) and now it's a bloated stage performance that unfolds in his head. I get it, the guy is nuts and imagines glorified exhibitionist scenarios for himself.

I doubt the entire film is a long musical number, like The Sound of Music or Mama Mia... well, I hope it's not. Anyway, Lady Gaga is pretty talented as a songwriter and performance artist so I rather trust her contribution to the project. If she has a writing credit it might be because the song lyrics are relevant to and situated with the dialogue content of the screenplay. I felt like The Joker was DC/Warner's arthouse comic film and this sequel is no different, so if it stretches its experimental muscle beyond comic fan-fiction stuff then that's fine. That's what it was meant to do.

Reviews are in. Not looking good. IGN gave it a 5

Some media outlets are allowing their "professional reviewers" to spike their reviews based on things not specifically related to the film itself. This is coming from multiple directions.

Trust word of mouth from people you know. Assess most everything else, especially from "mainstream media", as compromised.

Back