Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude. I loved Snyder Cut Joker. Such a shame we only get 4 minutes of him in front of a green screen and it couldn't be more obvious he and Affleck weren't even in the same room.

This is exactly why it was deliberate self sabotage,
he was a little too cool stood on the cop car with that blood grin during the first films closeout. People were over the moon about that scene, with the rioters lifting him up as an icon out of the crash. That’s what you had to build on and you threw it in the sink.

Had to bring him back down to Arthur for two hours and twenty minutes but this time, he’s hit his head, worse! How can one make that and not feel like a dirtbag, not many films bring home a billion..

You don’t pitch an idea like Joker 2 off of a billion dollar film, these execs might make dumb decisions, but they could see clear as day the contrast between the two, it is their only job, it is why so many films are safe and formulaic. This wasn’t, and it was allowed to be.

to play devil's advocate,
the scene of joker shooting deniro took on a bad look.

you basically have joker attacking what was the equivalent of your regular Jay Leno or letterman or something. yeah it was supposed to be shocking, it wasn't supposed to be celebrated.

but then lonely nerdy men making that scene into a meme and then the phrase " you get what you freaking deserve" became a meme.
if something bad happened to a celebrity or a politician or a rich person, the comment section would always have a gif of the joker saying the phrase.

and a lot of nerdy right wing men started to use the joker as a meme online, joker memes starred to be made to mock celebs or stuff.

I feel like that deniro scene becoming such a meme might be one of the reasons that this movie exists .
this director probably got backlash for that.

to play devil's advocate,
the scene of joker shooting deniro took on a bad look.

you basically have joker attacking what was the equivalent of your regular Jay Leno or letterman or something. yeah it was supposed to be shocking, it wasn't supposed to be celebrated.

but then lonely nerdy men making that scene into a meme and then the phrase " you get what you freaking deserve" became a meme.
if something bad happened to a celebrity or a politician or a rich person, the comment section would always have a gif of the joker saying the phrase.

and a lot of nerdy right wing men started to use the joker as a meme online, joker memes starred to be made to mock celebs or stuff.

I feel like that deniro scene becoming such a meme might be one of the reasons that this movie exists .
this director probably got backlash for that.
Ah I see, men bad.

Lets not make a profit in the next movie because they liked something we didn't want them to.

Phillips is a bit like the Joker -- his "artistic" brethren likely mocked him and derided him for what he created, so much so that he felt compelled to "tear it all down". Like what Kathleen is doing...

He was likely tired of being raped by all the toxic side-eyes he was getting from the bleeding hearts who care so much they isolate themselves in mansions like Thomas Wayne.

Phillips is a bit like the Joker -- his "artistic" brethren likely mocked him and derided him for what he created, so much so that he felt compelled to "tear it all down". Like what Kathleen is doing...

He was likely tired of being raped by all the toxic side-eyes he was getting from the bleeding hearts who care so much they isolate themselves in mansions like Thomas Wayne.
“Artistic Bretheren” being neckbeard youtubers complaining about how it’s basically Taxi Driver?

Phillips definitely made this film as a point to nit be compared to anything like the previous, wish he took more inspiration for the sequel tbh.

There was a great quote I read on Twitter about games that I will paraphrase, but it applies to movies also.

These companies criticize their audience, because they are no longer their primary source of income.

Phillips did not need the audiences cash and neither did WB/DC.

Ah I see, men bad.

Lets not make a profit in the next movie because they liked something we didn't want them to.

the same thing kinda happened with Alan Moore and Rorschach. a little bit.
he hated the way those same bad right wing men were idolizing someone that wasn't supposed to be good
I'm sure there are other examples. how marvel got embarrassed that soldier and law enforcement embraced the punisher so that they took his guns away and gave him swords.

it's been happening over and over. I'm sure it's been a problem with more characters ( clockwork orange too?)

Joker doesn't need a steady girlfriend or to be in a dysfunctional relationship. He can have lots of "girlfriends", like Romero Joker did in the 60's show.

Jack Joker had his boss's wife as a plaything, until he got tired of it.

I liked Harley when she was just a henchwoman in the beginning of BTAS.

I was thinking more of the judgmental LGBTQ in Hollywood who compromise the market share of control.
Bingo, the old poor friend with rich private school buddies. Embarrassed by what they might think, might say, might do.

Phillips isn’t stupid, he knows he’s known for this and Hangover. Therefore he doesn’t have leverage over the room, regardless of the first films success.

Harley could be done right but DC fumbles live action. They have been good representations in video games and media.

The problem is now that Harley is not the jokers bench woman anymore and is basically a superhero who you are supposed to sympathize with instead of a derange crazy chick. Also poison ivy is a good guy to apparently.
It’s best when she’s a conflicting villain and not a member of the bay family but she’s to big to be a villain now

Bingo, the old poor friend with rich private school buddies. Embarrassed by what they might think, might say, might do.

Phillips isn’t stupid, he knows he’s known for this and Hangover. Therefore he doesn’t have leverage over the room, regardless of the first films success.

I don't think they particularly like Phillips, just that he makes them money. I'm quite certain they abhor what he glorifies.

the same thing kinda happened with Alan Moore and Rorschach. a little bit.
he hated the way those same bad right wing men were idolizing someone that wasn't supposed to be good
I'm sure there are other examples. how marvel got embarrassed that soldier and law enforcement embraced the punisher so that they took his guns away and gave him swords.

it's been happening over and over. I'm sure it's been a problem with more characters ( clockwork orange too?)
Working in the school system and being a man, I see why and how males attatch themselves.

The typically analyze a character and decide if they are good or bad. It's never the movie/book telling them who is good or bad.
It's what are this characters actions, why is he the way he is. What hardship did he go through that kind of makes males gravitate towards fiction/non-fictional characters.

People smarter than me talk about differences between men/female writers.
Men can imagine what a character would do by analyzing them, while females tend to change the characters into themselves/their traits.

Men liking the Joker was only natural after seeing how he was treated, what he lost and how he overcame his hardships, good or bad.

Could you imagine the headlines if a Joker movie treated Harley like the Animated Series? Of course not because it wouldn’t happen. Gaga calls the shots in Folie à Deux.

I don't think they particularly like Phillips, just that he makes them money. I'm quite certain they abhor what he glorifies.

Yes that was my point regarding rich private school friends, he’ll never be on an eye to eye level with these people. It’s a miracle they let him have the first one, which was only due to the DCEU wrapping up and they needed something in the limelight to tide them over while they get their eggs in order.

Back