Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... that's something.
It's breaking records.

Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Even tops Nolans Bat/Joker interrogation scene imo.
It’s the very best of Snyder’s work,
but I wouldn’t say that.

The conversation Ledger and Bale had was profound, relating to our real world, even sixteen years on.
The nightmare scene conversation is largely just comic book talk revisioned for the big screen.

It’s the very best of Snyder’s work,
but I wouldn’t say that.

The conversation Ledger and Bale had was profound, relating to our real world, even sixteen years on.
The nightmare scene conversation is largely just comic book talk revisioned for the big screen.
The conversation was definitely on par with Synder scene. But visually, on screen performance? The Nolan scene was absolute **** imo.

That entire scene did not hide the fact that they were acting. That's my issue with it. There was nothing organic about that scene.

If I might take a quote from the Phoenix Johnny Cash movie...

"I don't believe you"

Leto’s Joker has zero intimidation factor.

Therefore though he mentions the death of Robin,
I don’t see his Joker delivering a terrifying moment like the comics depicted for Robin to endure in his final moments.

Look at the scenes in Suicide Squad,
the guy isn’t capable of genuine torture.
Therefore everything he says is baseless.

Ledger showed us what his Joker was capable of,
so his words stuck.

Leto’s Joker has zero intimidation factor.

Therefore though he mentions the death of Robin,
I don’t see his Joker delivering a terrifying moment like the comics depicted for Robin to endure in his final moments.

Look at the scenes in Suicide Squad, the guy isn’t capable of genuine torture.
Hard disagree. But fair argument.
I'm obviously limited in my own argument because Leto Joker was so limited in on screen performance.

The two are obviously different interpretations of the character, clearly.

Ledgers was a..

Roll outta bed, pick up a Detonator, hit the button and go back to sleep type.

Leto was more focused on... I'm not sure. We never saw his true motivations. But if I had to guess, his view of things were far smaller than Ledgers.

He didn't come off as a "it's not about the money, it's about the msg', type.

To me, he was willing to live his life in Gotham. And had no desires to see the city just burn for the sake of sending a msg, long as he was the Kingpin of crime.

Ledger was philosophical.

Leto was a realist.

But we don’t see Leto as the kingpin of anything,
so that title isn’t his, he ran nothing in those films.

Affleck isn’t even scared of him in his most prominent scene. Superman was able to get under his skin far easier and he wasn’t even intending to, that’s a problem.

No one should be able to press Bruce’s buttons better than Joker. In TDK, Bruce is terrified of Joker, so much so that he’s willing to hang up the symbol indefinitely.

We actually watch him blow Rachel to hell, we see nothing of the death of Robin.

But we don’t see Leto as the kingpin of anything,
so that title isn’t his, he ran nothing in those films.

Affleck isn’t even scared of him in his most prominent scene. Superman was able to get under his skin far easier and he wasn’t even intending to, that’s a problem.

No one should be able to press Bruce’s buttons better than Joker. In TDK, Bruce is terrified of Joker, so much so that he’s willing to hang up the symbol indefinitely.

We actually watch him blow Rachel to hell, we see nothing of the death of Robin.
Ok, ok lol

I said my peace bro 😅

Leto Joker is definitely not a character I can maintain defending forever. I just didn't hate his take on Joker. That's all.

Cheers.

why does this failure feel so satisfying

evil laugh gremlins GIF
Because Hollywood doesn't know how to read the room.

Because we love watching them burn millions of their own dollars for all the horrible things they've done to pop culture and our heros be it man or woman characters.

'Cause they get what they.... Yada Yada Yada..

why does this failure feel so satisfying
Because the leads and Director are so unlikable,
add that to this insufferable story.

Yeah I want to see this get dragged.

Thought Harley Quinn was supposed to be hot,
not a forty year old woman who never had looks
or personality on her side.

Doesn’t help that Phoenix also has the personality of a brick wall.

The number of people made up as Phoenix Joker at real street protests (pretty common for past 4+ years) is going to drop to zero after this.

His image has gone from anarchist poster boy to a symbol of the cops/system not just winning, but in a totally humiliating way.

Easy there. Let's not put the weight of the world on Phoenix acting. You're absolutely effed on that note, my fren.

Phoenix will absolutely survive this.

Are you ******* high?

Back