Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was also ‘goaded’ into kissing his fellow inmate by the bully guards in the prison yard . This was yet one of many de-humanizing events that he was forced to endure.
I didn't wanna bring that up because it was kind of a sweet moment.
and technically Arthur wasn't forced. lolm

It’s not about seeing the
psychopath win or not,
they never do in film.
At least not without being rectified.

What it is about though,

is seeing a proper cohesive story about a larger than life supervillain who’s down on his luck when we meet them, he accepts it, then spirals out of control.

No longer worrying about any consequences because in their mind they’ve endured enough consequences, what’s a little more for a little fun.

You’re not meant to morally agree with everything
you see on screen, or in real life.

Doesn’t mean you can’t naturally be fascinated by it, after all they raise us that way with our entertainment, our daily life, news coverage.

But I’ll bate you,
the amount of violence in V for Vendetta,
the many who view the character as an idol.

What’s the difference?
What’s the difference in watching a Predator skin a soldier alive and hang them from a tree? Any mob flick prior to 2005..

Cinema has been violent since its debut,
and before it? They cheered fights on in real life, gladiator matches, bar brawls to alleyways.. Now big matches to bet on while we watch someone’s face get caved in on live tv, turning them into a vegetable.

I don’t see your point.

You offer two characters with different traits,
people are going to naturally lean towards someone they can relate to a bit easier, in an attempt to have a better chance at following the film and its protagonist / antagonist.
Not a lot of people relate to Bruce Wayne,
Thomas Wayne, and they never killed anyone.

Last edited:
It’s not about seeing the
psychopath win or not,
they never do in film.
At least not without being rectified.

What it is about though,

is seeing a proper cohesive story about a larger than life supervillain who’s down on his luck when we meet them, he accepts it, then spirals out of control.

No longer worrying about any consequences because in their mind they’ve endured enough consequences, what’s a little more for a little fun.

You’re not meat to morally agree with everything you see on screen, or in real life.

Doesn’t mean you can’t naturally be fascinated by it, after all they raise us that way with our entertainment, our daily life, news coverage.

But I’ll bate you,
the amount of violence in V for Vendetta,
the many who view the character as an idol.

What’s the difference?
What’s the difference in watching a Predator skin a soldier alive and hang them from a tree? Any mob flick prior to 2005..

Cinema has been violent since its debut,
and before it? They cheered fights on in real life, gladiator matches, bar brawls to alleyways.. Now big matches to bet on while we watch someone’s face get caved in on live tv, turning them into a vegetable.

I don’t see your point.

You offer two characters with different traits,
people are going to naturally lean towards someone they can relate to a bit easier, in an attempt to have a better chance at following the film and its protagonist / antagonist.
Not a lot of people relate to Bruce Wayne,
Thomas Wayne, and they never killed anyone.

predator wasn't worshipped by trump supporters

Back