Jurassic World Rebirth (2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea the lost world was… ok. Jp3 was dumb but people have a soft spot for it.

Jurassic world was serviceable and pretty much breaking new ground in the franchise.

The other two were absolute ass though. No ifs ands or buts. Just terrible.

The horror aspect is what made these films work. But they kept making the dinosaurs super heroes. It was stupid

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Hera Syndulla in Ahsoka) is married to Ewan McGregor.

What!? Why wasn't I told about this? Obi-Wan -- married?

5b2aba2f-f39d-429c-b470-fbfd3cd41719_text.gif

Like Die Hard.

Or Matrix.

Or Indiana Jones.
Were talking master class films here so while a sequel might not reach that objective top shelf quality in all departments, it may still be a worthy followup and a really good movie. I personally LOVE Temple Of Doom. To me it's an absolutely crucial companion piece to Raiders. Die Hard With A Vengeance is the only sequel I'd ever consider revisiting from that "franchise". Not sure why you've included The Matrix here though since they only made one movie...

There's always going to be "the best sequel" but it is so relative. Raiders is so far out ahead of its "best sequel".
Agreed, But even if Raiders clearly is the superior movie I'd still not accuse Temple of being "mediocre" by any stretch of the definition. It's kind of like giving ROTJ a 5/10 for not being as slick as the previous two installments. Now, I dare you Wor-gar to name one fantasy adventure film from the last 20 years that will have a pop culture legacy as great as TOD (And no, Superhero movies do not count...)

Now, I dare you Wor-gar to name one fantasy adventure film from the last 20 years that will have a pop culture legacy as great as TOD (And no, Superhero movies do not count...)
Dead Man's Chest is the closest I can think of. But films don't resonate like they used to.
Not to slight ToD but legacy-wise I'm not sure what it added that wasn't already present from Raiders, or did it start a cinematic trend when Indy endangered a young boy by having him tag along on his perilous adventures? Kate Capshaw's acting certainly wasn't legacy building material lol.

I think to properly judge a film's potential legacy one has to view it through the eyes of the target audience, and over the last 20 years there have been several films/franchises that were quite popular that were clearly not made for our generation. Stuff like the Harry Potter and Hunger Games franchises, Barbie, etc.. And keep in mind that kids growing up with these films likely view Raiders and ToD similar to how we view Citizen Kane, Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, North By Northwest, etc. - great films in their day, but not the ones that are first and foremost in our minds when we think of our favorite films.

Last one I watched was the first Jurassic World. I haven't bothered with the others. All I care for is the JP and TLW.

Maybe a reboot/remake with a darker tone or a smartly written prequel series about Site B and the park being built and cloning the dinosaurs would interest me.

Back