Justin's Collection Announces $32 "Figure First Aid Kit" For Sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually enjoy this guy's videos from what I've seen, but that's pretty crazy and hard to defend.

I can understand his mindset, though. One sixth collectors spend way more than they should for much of what they get in my opinion. For instance, folks will excuse sideshow, mondo and others charging insane amounts of money for relatively modest products. We make reference to nebulous concepts like "licensing fees" when I suspect the reality is that they are making profit hand over fist because collectors are willing to shell out the money. So in a sense he's just doing what everyone else is.

But that doesn't excuse this. It is different when you are another collector who acts as if he is doing other collectors a service by creating online review videos. This feels like exploitation.

I actually enjoy this guy's videos from what I've seen, but that's pretty crazy and hard to defend.

I can understand his mindset, though. One sixth collectors spend way more than they should for much of what they get in my opinion. For instance, folks will excuse sideshow, mondo and others charging insane amounts of money for relatively modest products. We make reference to nebulous concepts like "licensing fees" when I suspect the reality is that they are making profit hand over fist because collectors are willing to shell out the money. So in a sense he's just doing what everyone else is.

But that doesn't excuse this. It is different when you are another collector who acts as if he is doing other collectors a service by creating online review videos. This feels like exploitation.
If Sideshow and Mondo were repackaging Hasbro and Mattel products then selling for multiple times normal price I would agree. In reality they are actually developing new products not just sourcing generic figures and accessories to be resold for profit.

I'm not suggesting they are the same thing, but I think that's where his mindset comes from that he would try something like this.
True. We do throw a lot of money at luxury goods so there is probably a market for it, but seriously all people are really paying for if they buy the justin kit is brand and convenience in this case.

As an Australian again please allow me to apologise for Ruby Rose, Rebel Wilson, Jim Jefferies, and Justin.

You seem to have forgotten somebody

breakdance-raygun.gif

Have really enjoyed all the comments in this thread. I’d try to post something else funny but just can’t be bothered, suffice to say Justin is a proper toolbag.

The idea sounds good in practice and it is handy to have everything on in one bag. For a new person just getting into the hobby and may not have the know how, it might be nice tool kit to have or to support Justin.

But, if you do some research you can find these stuff for alot cheaper elsewhere. I know Justin needs to make some profit out of this but at best this should be half the price.

Is he going to start selling a "figure first aid kit first aid kit" to fix the super cheap components included in this when they inevitably break?

https://starstat.yt/ch/justin-s-collection-net-worth

If the stats here are approximately accurate, income of 600K per year in streaming royalties should be enough to live a very comfortable life without having to hawk cheap crap like Colonel Parker selling Elvis teddy bears.
I don't know anything about this website, but it seems absolutely absurd for a guy reviewing hot toys dolls. I just can't believe any advertisers would pay anything close to that kind of money. Maybe if he made $1-2k a year I would buy it.

Back