Justin's Collection Announces $32 "Figure First Aid Kit" For Sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From an American perspective here, name me one thing creative and original that's come out of Aussie Land?

Oh yeah...Vegemite
Allow this pom to have a go....
Nick Cave
Peter Weir
Andrew Dominick
George Miller
Baz Lurhman
Aboriginal art
Midnight Oil
INXS
Crowded House
AC/DC

....and Dennis Lillee's metal cricket bat.

I will always consider Crowded House to be as much a New Zealand band as an Australian band (there is no band without Neil Finn). But point well made. And lest we forget. . .

MV5BZjNlMTQ1MzQtMjNjNS00MWY4LTgxZTgtM2M5NThkMDg4N2ViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

I don’t think it’s a bad idea necessarily. Not saying I’ll buy one but it’s something that ties in with his channel and some people will be willing to buy them. It makes sense.

Nick Cave
Peter Weir
Andrew Dominick
George Miller
Baz Lurhman
Aboriginal art
Midnight Oil
INXS
Crowded House
AC/DC

Just a friendly jab from me (several weeks after the Olympics), but definitely George Miller and AC/DC. In fact, UK in particular and Australia did Rock way better than America. Best rock bands are not from America.

Back on topic: Justin, I happen to like his reviews (more so since he made some adjustments and jokes less and critiques HT more). I don't fault him for putting this product together but I don't see his entrepreneurial vision on this. But, whatever - I'm not obligated to purchase it.

From an American perspective here, name me one thing creative and original that's come out of Aussie Land?

Oh yeah...Vegemite
Nick Cave
Peter Weir
Andrew Dominick
George Miller
Baz Lurhman
Aboriginal art
Midnight Oil
INXS
Crowded House
AC/DC

+ Max Rockatansky
92hsbn.gif

Last edited:
I find Justin hard to take seriously at the best of times, but this is really pushing the envelope.

First Aid? That would entail some kind of fixing as something has broken or an accident requiring repair?
Aside from the sewing kit, everything else is just a cleaning/posing tool.

You want First Aid? Where's the super glue and accelerator, Kiki Loose Joints fixer, Plastics rejuvenator, 2mm and 5mm double sided tape, Permanent markers of varying shades for scuffs. This is just off the top of my head, but a lint roller and some make-up appliers and cleaners are doing as much 'first aid' as they would in a First Aid kit for humans.

Of all the many things I've had to fix in years of collecting toys, sewing something is so far down the list of go-tos I'm not sure how any logic can be used to make it such a priority?

Unless it's because he got a wholesale deal on them for pennies and his mark up is in the thousands of per cent per sale... oh..

I find Justin hard to take seriously at the best of times, but this is really pushing the envelope.

First Aid? That would entail some kind of fixing as something has broken or an accident requiring repair?

You want First Aid? Where's the super glue and accelerator, Kiki Loose Joints fixer, Plastics rejuvenator, 2mm and 5mm double sided tape, Permanent markers of varying shades for scuffs. This is just off the top of my head, but a lint roller and some make-up appliers and cleaners are doing as much 'first aid' as they would in a First Aid kit for humans.

Of all the many things I've had to fix in years of collecting toys, sewing something is so far down the list of go-tos I'm not sure how any logic can be used to make it such a priority?

Unless it's because he got a wholesale deal on them for pennies and his mark up is in the thousands of per cent per sale... oh..
The kind of kit you suggest would indeed actually be helpful. You should put it together and sell it as the "Justin sucks figure first aid kit". Have it packaged in an HT style shipper box too just for the LOL's

The kind of kit you suggest would indeed actually be helpful. You should put it together and sell it as the "Justin sucks figure first aid kit". Have it packaged in an HT style shipper box too just for the LOL's
Hahah, I think I'd prefer it to be a 3rd party KO called Just In: Aid First or something equallly as unofficial.
Brown shipper, no artbox, only available for preorder through OneSixthKit.

Hahah, I think I'd prefer it to be a 3rd party KO called Just In: Aid First or something equallly as unofficial.
Brown shipper, no artbox, only available for preorder through OneSixthKit.
Jousting Collectibles: Figure First AIDS kit

Small print: for make great thefigure of care good feelings of shoot the toy video. Contains small nuts.

Exactly this. The idea of a kit isn’t bad, but at least include items that are actually useful and/or less obvious to most collectors. I’ve owned probably over 300 figures over the years and only remember having to sew something exactly once on my ROTJ Boba Fett when one of the pouch flaps came unattached. Instead, add something like fabri-tac since most collectors still make the mistake of using super glue on fabric. Some angled mini pliers that are super handy for pulling out wrist pegs. One of those mini wire hook things to pull 1/6 buttons through the coat holes. A full-sized soft makeup brush that would *actually* be useful for dusting.

Also, do people really not already own most of this stuff? I was a longtime bachelor back when I started collecting and even I owned an emergency sewing kit, tweezers, lint roller, etc. way back then. Hell I just bought another travel lint roller at the grocery store for like $2 a couple weeks ago before traveling for a wedding.

I guess you can’t blame him for wanting to make cash, but it is strangely undermining of whatever legitimacy he may have. It would be like if Siskel & Ebert came out with a snack bucket for movies back in the day. Just a bit of a head scratcher

Sideshow once sold a collectibles maintenance kit. I forgot what was in it, but it was really just a bunch of bulls++t junk stuff you'd find at a dollar store, like gloves, some glue, maybe tweezers and whatnot. I think they put their logo on the the products to mark up the price.

Nick Cave
Peter Weir
Andrew Dominick
George Miller
Baz Lurhman
Aboriginal art
Midnight Oil
INXS
Crowded House
AC/DC

You forgot the ever-popular and infinitely endearing "Jacko", the Energizer mascot/spokesman/nuisance, from 1985.

FSLLRjpXIAAwzxI.jpeg

What's with all the Justin hate? Sure this product is a pretty shameless and dubiously useful bit of opportunism, but the guy himself seems ok. At the very least I don't know enough about him to have any kind of personal opinion. 🤷‍♂️

All I know is id much rather listen to him review a figure than go back to the days of having to listen to SeanLong.

Back