Justin's Collection Announces $32 "Figure First Aid Kit" For Sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM released their "Care pack/cleaning kit" a while ago (now sold out). The price is around $28 (cheaper than "Just In Case"), and because they are a statue company, the care pack has all the right tools to clean/take care of your statues.. even has a measuring tape.

xm kit.jpeg

I got one and it's very useful for statues. Not gonna buy "Just In Case" ever.

I like the idea of maintenance kits in general, provided they are better quality (not dollar store crap), specific for the scale (no oversized sewing kit buttons but rather 1:6 buttons, zippers, velcro etc), relevant to hobby maintenance (items already suggested by others like joint tightening fluid, green stuff, thin double sided tape, couple glue options, pleather protectant, mini drill, pliers, tweezers, small magnets etc) and of course priced reasonably for the quality (dont charge over 30 bucks for 4-5 bucks worth of items).

If one gets the balance right they will sell and buyers will be happy.

I like the idea of maintenance kits in general, provided they are better quality (not dollar store crap), specific for the scale (no oversized sewing kit buttons but rather 1:6 buttons, zippers, velcro etc), relevant to hobby maintenance (items already suggested by others like joint tightening fluid, green stuff, thin double sided tape, couple glue options, pleather protectant, mini drill, pliers, tweezers, small magnets etc) and of course priced reasonably for the quality (dont charge over 30 bucks for 4-5 bucks worth of items).

If one gets the balance right they will sell and buyers will be happy.
Totally agree.
If it's specific to the product and relevant, it will definitely sell and buyers will be happy.
The XM care pack, aside from the 3 brushes and the measuring tape, also came with a dust blower, a pair of black cotton gloves, and 20cm microfiber square cloth.
Those who collect statues know those things are useful. Especially for those statues with hard to hard-to-reach nooks and crannies, no brush can deal with that, you need a dust blower.
All that plus a hard shell packaging bag for $28 is a steal (not trying to sell the care pack here, since it's long sold out already).

So yeah, getting a specific care pack for 1/6 with all the correct and relevant tools will be awesome, and of course very useful. (y)

What's with all the Justin hate? Sure this product is a pretty shameless and dubiously useful bit of opportunism, but the guy himself seems ok. At the very least I don't know enough about him to have any kind of personal opinion. 🤷‍♂️

All I know is id much rather listen to him review a figure than go back to the days of having to listen to SeanLong.

I couldn't stand Seanlong.

The issue with Justin, is that he was affiliated with Toys Wonderland, which is essentially a scam company that hasn't been shipping out their orders. It seems like Justin promoted their services in his videos well after they became embroiled in controversy, and this may have lead unsuspecting collectors to buy from them. He eventually ended his partnership with TW in late 2023, but it seems like the damage was already done. With all of that said, the $32 figure kit doesn't seem like a good show for him when his reputation has already taken such a major hit.

As for Sean Long, I was curious enough to look him up on YouTube again a few weeks ago, since he just dropped off the radar for many years. It seems like he has left the hobby, doesn't have a "high end" collection anymore and is now focused on smaller scale figures from Hasbro. I was never fond of him, mainly because he was a chronic collector who just didn't know when to stop. He was also featured on an episode of the old series, "Collection Intervention" many years ago. But, by the time that episode came out, it was just affirming what was already apparent - that he had a problem.

Btw guys, I'll be moving this thread over to "General Collectibles - Discussions and Questions" since it doesn't really belong in the Action Figures sub-forum...

I think you should give the man a break, this comes with a 5% off voucher for Pop Collectibles* :poop:

* But as always, do your own research.

In his Thrawn review video, he makes mention of his product a few times. I'd like to see HT put together a video reviewing his product :LOL:

I'm not a fan of YT figure reviewers since unlike the earlier days of YT, it's now mostly an algorithm/follower/clout-driven business. We no longer have a dork with a shaky cam reviewing their DX02 Batman and being honest and excited with their opinions, everything now is a deliberate creation to generate exposure and for something as intimate and personal as collecting figures, I feel that's just a little bit manipulative. I don't want to buy the next Star Wars figure because Justin says so, but I've seen a lot of comments on FB and Reddit attributing their purchases to one man's review and view count rather than personal taste.

Also, Justin Kane has mentioned that he will never post on this site or join SSF because he wants to build his own empire of collectors, and that seems to be working out for him. Make what you will of that statement.

I'm not a fan of YT figure reviewers since unlike the earlier days of YT, it's now mostly an algorithm/follower/clout-driven business. We no longer have a dork with a shaky cam reviewing their DX02 Batman and being honest and excited with their opinions, everything now is a deliberate creation to generate exposure and for something as intimate and personal as collecting figures, I feel that's just a little bit manipulative. I don't want to buy the next Star Wars figure because Justin says so, but I've seen a lot of comments on FB and Reddit attributing their purchases to one man's review and view count rather than personal taste.

Also, Justin Kane has mentioned that he will never post on this site or join SSF because he wants to build his own empire of collectors, and that seems to be working out for him. Make what you will of that statement.
Its ok, one of his sock puppet accounts will post here instead 😉

I'm not in to reviewers who have YouTube as their career. It ends up being a job for them, rather than the real love of the hobby. All their videos are made to make money rather than just to show their latest purchase.
Besides, they end up with ridiculously crammed collections that look terrible.

Back