Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Hammer Horror of Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why there was no hesitation when I went for the full deluxe exclusive set, even though it was remarkably more expensive and came with some stuff I didn't need, like the coffin accessory. The standard would simply never cut it, and I couldn't live with the thought that there were additional sculpts out there that I may have passed on. If a figure set has more than one sculpt, I need to have them all! I did that with KP's Fonzie set and ended up with an expensive jukebox bluetooth speaker I didn't even want or need.

I actually like the neutral sculpts the most (they really captured Lee's smug expression of Dracula nicely, which was rather significant because he didn't have very much dialogue for his portrayal of Dracula in the film), but having the full array of other sculpts is a real bonus. Now I wish I could buy another set to really exploit all the sculpts and their respective display options.
Agreed! The neutral sculpts are the best overall imo. On both figures! I can see why they kept them limited to the web exclusives, but on the other hand it's a shame that so few will have these amazing sculpts. Who knows if we will ever see these characters done to this level of love and passion again. Might be awhile.

Agreed! The neutral sculpts are the best overall imo. On both figures! I can see why they kept them limited to the web exclusives, but on the other hand it's a shame that so few will have these amazing sculpts. Who knows if we will ever see these characters done to this level of love and passion again. Might be awhile.
I thought it was weird that the neutral sculpts weren't part of the standard sets. Usually it's the extreme or exceptional sculpts that are added in for exclusives. I don't like the angry Van Helsing sculpt at all, it looks a bit cartoonish, but the demon Dracula sculpt turned out pretty fine!

I found it disappointing that KP's recent releases seem to be reserving some sculpts for the exclusive sets with a substantially higher markup due to some very pricey (junk) accessories, like the jukebox or coffin I mentioned before. At one time KP was always good about dropping two sculpts with all of their releases, even a simple and affordable standard version would come with both. They just didn't hold back on sculpts and often offered the accessories as add-on packs. Now they're fiddling with that formula and driving the best set options into a more difficult price bracket.

So the funny thing is about 22 years ago I set out to make my own Hammer Van Helsing and Dracula figures. I made a Cushing Van Helsing sculpt, which turned out okay, and tried my hand at tailoring some Victorian clothes which was a disaster. I gave up and always hoped someone would come around to tackling the Hammer license, but no one did. While we had a couple of Christopher Lee Dracula figures, they were never very good and Van Helsing was like a dream no one would approach. All these years later KP finally came through and delivered. This is the set I've been waiting over two decades for!

I thought it was weird that the neutral sculpts weren't part of the standard sets. Usually it's the extreme or exceptional sculpts that are added in for exclusives. I don't like the angry Van Helsing sculpt at all, it looks a bit cartoonish, but the demon Dracula sculpt turned out pretty fine!

I found it disappointing that KP's recent releases seem to be reserving some sculpts for the exclusive sets with a substantially higher markup due to some very pricey (junk) accessories, like the jukebox or coffin I mentioned before. At one time KP was always good about dropping two sculpts with all of their releases, even a simple and affordable standard version would come with both. They just didn't hold back on sculpts and often offered the accessories as add-on packs. Now they're fiddling with that formula and driving the best set options into a more difficult price bracket.

So the funny thing is about 22 years ago I set out to make my own Hammer Van Helsing and Dracula figures. I made a Cushing Van Helsing sculpt, which turned out okay, and tried my hand at tailoring some Victorian clothes which was a disaster. I gave up and always hoped someone would come around to tackling the Hammer license, but no one did. While we had a couple of Christopher Lee Dracula figures, they were never very good and Van Helsing was like a dream no one would approach. All these years later KP finally came through and delivered. This is the set I've been waiting over two decades for!

Not sure what the licensing had agreed to. Might be something the licensor wanted. Not sure. We will have to see what happens with future releases. Like Frankenstein and the Mummy etc.

Finally got around to out these two up. I’m just blown away at how good they are.
IMG_4710.jpeg
IMG_4713.jpeg
IMG_4715.jpeg

Back