Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got to love how the hollywoodized Gibbo version has gained currency over the real historical figure though.

Here's an image of the real Wallace:

article-0-00494D5E00000258-74_468x475.jpg

Here's a statue of Wallace adorning Edinburgh Castle:

WEC.jpg

Now here's a newer statue of Wallace they built at the entrance to the 'Wallace Monument' in Stirling a few years back:

bbacdce258468cdde704dbeb5a9b7666.jpg

:lol

Whatever draws the tourists I guess. At least the overall message of Wallace and his (possible) deeds are fairly intact. It's an amazing movie though. I hadn't seen it in 15 years or more but this thread inspired me to revisit it and I was utterly blown away by it. Honestly can't think of a single thing I'd change about the film, it all works so well. Made me cry like a baby too.

"They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom." :crying

attachment.php

I'm guessing no one wants to take credit for sculpting this?

This looks like some cheap ceramic figurine you'd find at the Dollar Store. :lol

Where is the head sculpt below available? I looked on the onesixthkit website and couldn't find it.
It was posted on Facebook. Maybe I shouldn't have posted that pic in here, since it seems to be for a competing full figure. I kinda wanted it to be a sculpt only release, to compliment this figure.

Yeah, there's not much history in Braveheart. The battles were fought differently, they certainly didn't look like anything we see in the figure and movies, and has some truly absurd things happening even for fiction ( like Wallace love affair with a certain someone). In fact, we don't even know much about Wallace at all. They've pretty much romanticized the Scottish War for Independence. I mean, when Wallace says, "We're going to invade England and beat them on their own ground" do you think they just walked around looking for english knights to kill? Nah. [emoji38] This was the middle ages. But Braveheart is still one of my favorite movies. It's a great story and likeable characters, so who cares. It's better to just slash off the "historical" part in "historical fantasy". We know more about Robert the Bruce who seems to minor character in the movie. Now that is a movie I'd love to see. He fought the English on and off for 20 years and a lot of his family were killed or imprisoned during which time.

Anyway, love the new pics, Fabio. The regular sculpt really shines in the new pic.

You'll be pleased to know that a Braveheart follow up film is in the works called Lion Rampant and follows Robert the Bruce, who's being played by Tom Hiddleston.
Preordering this figure inspired me to re watch Braveheart, and it's still an incredible and powerful film, historical inaccuracies be damned.

I believe Fabio these are extremely different! They look nothing alike you guys need to STFU! Nothing ! Nothing ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445132717.605884.jpg

You'll be pleased to know that a Braveheart follow up film is in the works called Lion Rampant and follows Robert the Bruce, who's being played by Tom Hiddleston.
Preordering this figure inspired me to re watch Braveheart, and it's still an incredible and powerful film, historical inaccuracies be damned.

Wow! I had no idea that movie was in the works!! Thanks a lot for that info!!

I also never knew that Braveheart was so historically inaccurate. I knew it likely got the Hollywood treatment, but not to the degree that the previous posts have stated. Regardless, it's still an epic film and still one of my favorites. A REAL shame and tragedy that James Horner passed away... His score was probably 75% of what made the movie so powerful. Wish he was still around to write a new score for the sequel or they could use the original music for the new film.

Anyway, back to this awesome figure. I am picking one up for sure. I never got the iminime since it was too expensive. Comparing both head sculpts, I actually prefer the KP version. The eyes match the expression better IMHO.

Cant Wait for this looks amazing, I have the other version that came out awhile ago and you can tell the differences and of course they look the same its the same character from the same movie lol also really love the screaming sculpt for this perfect!

It was posted on Facebook. Maybe I shouldn't have posted that pic in here, since it seems to be for a competing full figure. I kinda wanted it to be a sculpt only release, to compliment this figure.

The good news is that I decided to produce a not screaming head as well.
The feedbacks on this William Wallace are great.
It's my bestseller ever.
At 72 hours from the pre order starting it's almost sold out at wholesale level!!!
And some retailers not even started with the pre orders!!
So huge success!! Actually almost unbelievable!!!!

To thanks all the loyal friends that are supporting me, I decided to produce another head with 'normal' expression that I will sell as 'expansion' headsculpt.
I will post work in progress soon!
;)

It's my bestseller ever.
At 72 hours from the pre order starting it's almost sold out at wholesale level!!!

Congratulations on the sold out, Fabio! Those preview pics are amazings, and I have got my deluxe set already pre-ordered from toysheroes. I will have to add that headsculpt once is avalaible for pre-order.

I know that you're really proud (and with reason) of your commitment to historical figures based on existing uniforms/troops with archaeological data backing them, but I think that this proves that the customer base is much bigger when there's a film or tv series behind the figure. With that in mind, have you considered going again outside of the ancient period and doing a figure of captain Jack Aubrey?

article-2193468-0070E62600000258-567_634x508.jpg

Unfortunately there's not much to choose from when it comes to Napoleonic era figures in 1/6, and as far as I know no one has ever produced a Royal Navy captain. Besides, you will get -again- the best of two worlds:

1) This time the movie is as historically accurate as they come, and so would be the figure and uniform. Yes, I know that the character itself didn't exist, but apart from that the film is scrupulously-researched
2) It will also sell well with movie fans: amazing acting from Rusell Crowe here.

It's my bestseller ever.

To thanks all the loyal friends that are supporting me, I decided to produce another head with 'normal' expression that I will sell as 'expansion' headsculpt.
;)
Congrats! It's an amazing figure and deserves the success. So pleased to hear you're starting the neutral head sculpt as well!

It's my bestseller ever.

;)

Any plans on a second run? My October budget has already been spent on other figures... :slap

Back