Lets See YOU!!...........

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh... Happy Halloween... Enjoy! LOL
JPME.jpg

I didn't dress up or go out for Halloween. Or even watch any scary films. Instead I was doing a ****ing stock-take. For some reason Halloween is stock-take night for me. And each year I forget until I'm reminded the night before.

I didn't dress up or go out for Halloween. Or even watch any scary films. Instead I was doing a ****ing stock-take. For some reason Halloween is stock-take night for me. And each year I forget until I'm reminded the night before.

I had stock take today. Nice little 5.30-17.30 shift.:thud:

I had stock take today. Nice little 5.30-17.30 shift.:thud:

Truly worthy of the 'Things I ****ing hate' thread. Absolute tedium, daunting tedium. Fortunately it was a shared task for me so we got it wrapped up in about 3 hours. Yours sounds horrific! Were you doing it by yourself?

Truly worthy of the 'Things I ****ing hate' thread. Absolute tedium, daunting tedium. Fortunately it was a shared task for me so we got it wrapped up in about 3 hours. Yours sounds horrific! Were you doing it by yourself?

The hotel uses an outside company to do the stock take. It takes about 4 hours for us to count the stock and then they spend another 3/4 hours with our revenue sheets and P & L accounts etc. A GP of 75.2% wasn't too bad.:D I've done 30 hours so far this week with two 10 hours shifts still to go.:yess: :lol

The hotel uses an outside company to do the stock take. It takes about 4 hours for us to count the stock and then they spend another 3/4 hours with our revenue sheets and P & L accounts etc. A GP of 75.2% wasn't too bad.:D I've done 30 hours so far this week with two 10 hours shifts still to go.:yess: :lol

What's a "stock take"?

What's a "stock take"?

We count every last bit of stock (in my case we count beverage stock only) in the establishment and compare the stock holding to our actual monthly revenue. It gives us our GP (so we know we are hitting our GP target) and helps to identify were any gains or losses are.

A quick example: Your starting stock was 30 bottles of vodka. You count 20 bottles of vodka in a stock take. Revenue shows you have sold 9 bottles. You should have 21 bottles in the stock holding by that theory. This identifies we have lost 1 bottle. If it the revenue shows 10 bottles sold then we balance. If the revenue shows we have sold 11 bottles the we have gained 1 bottle.

Last edited:
We count every last bit of stock (in my case we count beverage stock only) in the establishment and compare the stock holding to our actual monthly revenue. It gives us our GP (so we know we are hitting our GP target) and helps to identify were any gains or losses are.

A quick example: Your starting stock was 30 bottles of vodka. You count 20 bottles of vodka in a stock take. Revenue shows you have sold 9 bottles. You should have 21 bottles in the stock holding by that theory. This identifies we have lost 1 bottle. If it the revenue shows 10 bottles sold then we balance. If the revenue shows we have sold 11 bottles the we have gained 1 bottle.

It's what we call taking inventory.

Gottcha. I hear "stock" and I think

new-york-stock-exchange-address.jpg

Back