Lone Ranger buying intention

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys Lone Ranger figure/s do you want?

• Happy with just Tonto as I'm a Depp fan and/or I like the design

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Won't be buying Tonto unless they release The Lone Ranger

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Only interested in the masked man himself - bring him on!

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Not interested in either of them

Votes: 28 38.9%

• Total voters
I wouldn't call it a 'masterpiece'. There were some definite missteps in there. But, I think it got a bum rap. It wasn't bad, but certainly it could've been better. The last 15-minutes were great. Reid was too much of a dunce through most of the movie. I'd almost rather they'd have used roughly the same story, with the other brother. James Badge Dale would've been a hell of a Lone Ranger. Also, too much Tonto, the middle dragged, and, the pseudo-spiritual mumbo jumbo was entirely unnecessary.

Still, now that Batman has pretty well run its course for the time being, I'm thinking of starting in on western figures. The Ranger seems a necessary addition. I'd buy Tonto with him, but not before.

Any other suggestions for high end western stuff?

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
funny, I would say the same about anyone buying figures from Man of Steel or the Dark Knight Rises

Not really. Although using the word "crap" is a bit harsh. Lone Ranger was ok but was a flop. Man of Steel and Dark Knight Rises are much better films entertainment wise and financially. In fact Depp's films haven't been doing well since the last Pirates.

Just in case HT are still on the fence with the Ranger, it might be worth as many of us as possible emailing [email protected] to let them know we're keen.

Make sure you ask them to pass it on to the production team, otherwise you'll get the standard response of "keep checking our website for updates".

Back