MANDO's BvS Robin memorial, Classic Bats and Joker, ⨷ Red Son Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: '39 Bats, '78 Myers

Road To Darkness:

While Oscar's kit included two pair of custom joints for the lower legs and hooves I decided I wanted something that could really stand up to the eventual weight of the upper body.

10086236216_8770e12561.jpg

10092713666_283d1d24b2.jpg

10092785593_99ff390d73.jpg

10092740436_4602a7d29c.jpg

10092687884_fbdcb6b02a.jpg

:devil

Hiss Tank Driver (wip):

10148767925_9bab8b1298.jpg

For reference in case you missed the 80s.:wave

2hissdriver.jpg

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: '39 Bats, '78 Myers, Hiss Tank Driver (wip)

You glorious bastard! You resculpted the chest for Darkness... looks great man, something I'd considered but felt to scary to try :lol

And the new bucket looks great as well :rock

Okay... the little FB rant about dreaming of the Darkness figure suddenly makes sense. This MF'r is gonna shine!!! :rock

You glorious bastard! You resculpted the chest for Darkness... looks great man, something I'd considered but felt to scary to try :lol

And the new bucket looks great as well :rock

Thanks, GB! I've actually gone back and resculpted much of what I had done to the torso in that shot. Had to extend the torso anyway so it didn't really matter.

Okay... the little FB rant about dreaming of the Darkness figure suddenly makes sense. This MF'r is gonna shine!!! :rock

:hi5:

CONSUMED by Darkness.:lecture. :rotfl He has certainty taken over my personal projects. Damn near pushed Batman#5 off the workbench completely.

Last edited:

Have you considered making a cast of the torso? He really has a very specific and creepy looking chest and I think the ACI Andrew would actually could take a bit more weight than the KP the set was made for.

Hiss Tank Driver (wip):

10148767925_9bab8b1298.jpg

For reference in case you missed the 80s.:wave

2hissdriver.jpg

are you sculpting boot uppers as well, they look pleated im not sure if pleather or vinyl will without looking bulky? I can totally see his uniform similar to crimson guard's being shiny. I can see the upper being split in two parts and having a knee pad and fabric sleeve with sculpted armor type boots.

Have you considered making a cast of the torso? He really has a very specific and creepy looking chest and I think the ACI Andrew would actually could take a bit more weight than the KP the set was made for.

Hadn't really thought about it. I do think the Andrew body is ideal. Like you said it holds weight well especially with the ratchet joints in the hips. Plus the thinner calves "flow" better with Oscar's leg extensions.

are you sculpting boot uppers as well, they look pleated im not sure if pleather or vinyl will without looking bulky? I can totally see his uniform similar to crimson guard's being shiny. I can see the upper being split in two parts and having a knee pad and fabric sleeve with sculpted armor type boots.

Just the helmet. I'll probably make the upper leg portion out of styrene and the lower part cloth. I imagine the whole thing is meant to be body armor in some form or another. The Hiss canopy doesn't offer a lot of protection.

hey mando metal might be more flexable than sterine go to walnuthollow.com they sell metal sheets for borders there so flexable you can bend them into position by hand.

it would take you less time and you can spray paint them. It might save you some work and time. you could probably make the chst plate out of it as well. I did a figure where I wanted to make Kevlar armor and used the metal to fill up the vest. Wish I took pics it sold on ebay a few years back. customer comented it felt like the real thing.

I'll probably just do it the way I did Bludd's rocket sleeve.

Use hanger? Just genial!!! Nice idea and beautiful job!

Use hanger? Just genial!!! Nice idea and beautiful job!

Thanks, Elar!:hi5:

Realized I've negected to show Bludd in this thread so here goes. EVILFACE decals. DiD boots. Modded HT hands & head. Dyed clothing. The rest is from scratch.

Mercenary, CODENAME: Major Bludd

040_zpsdc9b5e03.jpg

047_zpsaa36ed4f.jpg

043_zps9c330120.jpg

050_zps7f4be557.jpg

Prisoner.jpg

8742814032_541dd77c6d_c.jpg

8756534712_18a24e0ef3_c.jpg

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: '39 Bats, '78 Myers, '83 Major Bludd

Mando I like your take on the Major he looks like a Cocky SOB. :D

Thanks, SirGor. I was never a big Bludd fan. Sort of saw him as a nancy until a friend of mine turned me on to his more sinister mercenary side. Now I see him as this older elitist warrior-type.

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts

The Bat-Man:

9858554156_2352c176ca_z.jpg

9858556686_c476be3088_z.jpg

9858529704_1783a9720b_z.jpg

9858615183_fe82fa8fcf_z.jpg

9829347005_2c5b173498_z.jpg

My goodness, that is fantastic. Love, love, love the purple gloves; the classic Detective 27 look has always just had this massive appeal to me, for some reason, and your bringing it into our 3 dimensional world with that stellar figure has certainly upped the ante in that regard, for me.

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts

My goodness, that is fantastic. Love, love, love the purple gloves; the classic Detective 27 look has always just had this massive appeal to me, for some reason, and your bringing it into our 3 dimensional world with that stellar figure has certainly upped the ante in that regard, for me.

Thanks, BatFan, I really appreciate that. :hi5:
The purple gloves... Man, am I sucker for those! :D While I'm sure it was just some sort of printing error similar to The Phantom they really add to the unique '39 ensemble.

Absolutely; I think it's just one of those things that is inherently Golden Age Batman. The whole look just has those iconic traits that it really owns; from the large, slanted, Bat-like ears to the purple gloves. It's a very unique look, as well. Any plans for an Action #1 Superman to go with the big guy?

Absolutely; I think it's just one of those things that is inherently Golden Age Batman. The whole look just has those iconic traits that it really owns; from the large, slanted, Bat-like ears to the purple gloves. It's a very unique look, as well. Any plans for an Action #1 Superman to go with the big guy?

I'd love to see that too! :lecture:lecture:lecture:goodpost:

Bludd still rocks.

Soooo where is Destro????

Back