Mars Toys - 1/6 Jaws Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man every time I see one of these ozark sharks I think that I need to finally order one. The diorama makes it pop even more. But they are quite pricey.
Worth every penny man. Good people, incredible show stopper piece. Do it man. You won't regret it.
IMG_9158.jpeg

Its funny the shark got so much criticism yet it looks so cool recreated in 1/6.
What's really crazy is, most scenes it looks fantastic, it's just that most people remember only the one shot at the end....

1717717511622.jpeg

1717717564933.jpeg

1717717660541.jpeg
IMG_9159.jpeg

It really is an amazing animatronic, especially for the times.

Back then most people had never seen a great white before this film.

Attachments

• 1717717686263.png
    681.4 KB
What's really crazy is, most scenes it looks fantastic, it's just that most people remember only the one shot at the end....

View attachment 706690
View attachment 706691
View attachment 706692View attachment 706694
It really is an amazing animatronic, especially for the times.

Back then most people had never seen a great white before this film.
Yeah theres so many shots of him that make it look superb.
I didn't know that about how most people hadn't seen one. It mush have been even more terrifying going to see it and reaslising these actually exist

My favorite shot is when Hooper sees him approaching when he's in the cage. with the Shark natural camouflage and movements that perspective is chilling

The shot of the lifeguard guy is one of those things that always bugged me. It looks like Bruce is grabbing at his hand, as he's nowhere near the guy's legs, but it's one of his legs that ends up falling to the ocean floor. Curious as to what happened that they couldn't get the shark near his back to make that a little more accurate as to the body damage.

Curious as to what happened that they couldn't get the shark near his back to make that a little more accurate as to the body damage.
Well it was 1975, still well at least two years before most even had the first VHS, so they weren't thinking people were going to be able to repeatedly rewatch, rewind and scrutinize every shot, let alone do screen captures and grab frames out of context.
They were likely thinking most would be screaming, and covering their eyes anyway, and were just going for the most dramatic one-viewing visual impact.
Even then, as far as I can tell the scene Is actually incredibly well staged, considering what they were working with:
Looks like he takes one first chomp, pulling him into the water, that cuts off the leg, then goes for the bigger morsel, the full torso, leaving the now severed leg to drift down to the bottom. Or that second chomp at the torso, leaves the other leg to drift down.

Don't know if it even needs spoilers, but just in case.....
8t4nqx.gif

Last edited:
The shot of the lifeguard guy is one of those things that always bugged me. It looks like Bruce is grabbing at his hand, as he's nowhere near the guy's legs, but it's one of his legs that ends up falling to the ocean floor. Curious as to what happened that they couldn't get the shark near his back to make that a little more accurate as to the body damage.
So , there is a shot just before that, one of my favorite in the film, that's shows Bruce underwater making the first pass at the guy. In that shot , he clearly grabs him by the leg and pulls him under. This is possibly the best shot in the film. What you are remembering is the second hit that poor guy suffers

As a side note , in the novel, when Chrissy is attacked , she only feels a strong tug on her , and then reaches down to feel her foot, but only finds a stump and her "denuded bone".

It's stuck with me my whole life the description of her death in the novel.

She didn't even feel her foot get torn off.

1717779545897.jpeg

Been waiting for this set since the video they included with the Lego Movie Studio Maker set teasing a Jaws set. Day one purchase for me!

Its funny the shark got so much criticism yet it looks so cool recreated in 1/6.
Yea I remember people said it looked fake? I mean I do t get that tbh. As a child it looks absolutely terrifying to me. And it looks even better to me today.

For people to say the shark looked “fake” back then is funny cause the damn thing scared an ENTIRE generation of people to not go into the water and be afraid of sharks. Not just them but to this day the impact of jaws is felt heavily

Watched the movie again last week and I can't stop but think this is my favorite film next to Raiders of the lost Ark. Spielberg really is a master filmmaker. Hoping these get announced soon I can imagine them also selling the shark diorama base as a separate add on.

Watched the movie again last week and I can't stop but think this is my favorite film next to Raiders of the lost Ark. Spielberg really is a master filmmaker. Hoping these get announced soon I can imagine them also selling the shark diorama base as a separate add on.
Here here.

Jaws is a perfect film.
Not too many of those

The Godfather
Back to the Future

Those are the only ones I lump with Jaws

I don't collect LEGO but dang, that's tempting!
That's how it starts. I never thought I'd get any LEGO but I just wanted the Mando Razorcrest, then I got the N1 fighter, then the Horizon Tallneck and now this. Just 1 and its a gateway to a collection. Be careful :lol

They are fun though when its a set of something you love

Also I forgot the Dune Ornithopter. Needed that :rotfl

Back