Medicom RAH Young Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think that with darker hair and something done about the scar paint, the head could be great.

I haven't checked for the leg extenders, but as you can see from the pics - the MediIndy figures are about the same height as the Prometheus. Could it be that Medi heard the comments about scale with their figures and are trying to rectify it with leg extenders? The bodies are still too slight for the size though, so I'm not sure this is a real solution.

It also makes the already short arms look even shorter. So hopefully they'll consider adding some longer forearms to even out the proportions.

It also makes the already short arms look even shorter. So hopefully they'll consider adding some longer forearms to even out the proportions.

No, I don't think that's an issue - look at the pics - the arms are down to the thighs, just like on the Pro.

I think the proportions are most off in the abdomen length (probably well suited for anime characters). I may sever that and shorten the belly area a little bit to humanize him and bring his height down. This is for the truly anal Indy collector though, the bigger issues seem to be that the QC department never watched Last Crusade. His outfit (including shoe covers) should be green and pants more woolen than shirt. Simple washes really do bring this character up though and take about three minutes of work. I will post more blurry, crap photos as he develops.

No, I don't think that's an issue - look at the pics - the arms are down to the thighs, just like on the Pro.

Granted, but with longer shins, the overall length of arm compared to the overall length of the legs just looks off. This is what I tried with my Medi Stormtrooper and the difference was obvious by looking at the armor. It also looked odd that his elbows were considerably higher than the 1:6 I had him displayed next to.

Most of the more widely released Medicom figures do seem to take a big dive in price... heck someone was trying to unload the Maul for $80 and not getting hits, so I could see this one being easy to score for around $75 or less given a bit of time.

Most of the more widely released Medicom figures do seem to take a big dive in price... heck someone was trying to unload the Maul for $80 and not getting hits, so I could see this one being easy to score for around $75 or less given a bit of time.

Yup, a fellow freak pinched a Medi Maul for $65. Though it came with a busted hip. Wouldn't mind if these slipped to $75 or even that low sans damage of course. :lol He'd be worth that to pick up and do the wash.

Well, I couldn't resist dying his outfit. The boots have been painted also. I love to tinker on this stuff so long as the basic sculpt is great (and this is) and clothes are amenable (which these are). Let me know what you guys think! Also, it seems that weird white rope on the front of his indian belt should be different, perhaps a much smaller knot. Any knowledgeable ex-boyscouts out there?

Just got River today and with a little wash, the prototype returns (well, almost. Still wish his clothes were greenish, but I may tint them in time.) I realize this all should've been done overseas for the price we pay and the titillating preview shots but his hair really is an easy fix. Sorry for the crap cell phone shot, and ignore that he's somehow in his eventual classroom. Maybe he's having a premonition!

Where did you get that chalk board?

Well, I couldn't resist dying his outfit. The boots have been painted also. I love to tinker on this stuff so long as the basic sculpt is great (and this is) and clothes are amenable (which these are). Let me know what you guys think! Also, it seems that weird white rope on the front of his indian belt should be different, perhaps a much smaller knot. Any knowledgeable ex-boyscouts out there?

It is very sweet, what dye did you use?

SSexy,

Thanks, the chalkboard is scratchbuilt and part of my continually evolving classroom diorama.

I used Kelley green RIT dye for the conversion and then bleached it a little as the dye made it too dark. The bleach gathered in a couple of spots so I decided to heavily weather him with pastels in a sad effort to camoflauge! Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, right? Here's a couple of classroom shots I put on the customization thread a while back.

Cheers,
Nathan

river5.jpg

river2.jpg

river1.jpg

river3.jpg

river4.jpg

river6.jpg

Wow...the River figure doesn't even look like it's from the same line....quite the stumble here. I really like the Medi Mutt figure I have and really wanted to get this, but it doesn't look too good....thanks for the comparison shots with the rest of the line, Dave.

And Kaiburr...your work is sensational!

SSexy,

Thanks, the chalkboard is scratchbuilt and part of my continually evolving classroom diorama.

I used Kelley green RIT dye for the conversion and then bleached it a little as the dye made it too dark. The bleach gathered in a couple of spots so I decided to heavily weather him with pastels in a sad effort to camoflauge! Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, right? Here's a couple of classroom shots I put on the customization thread a while back.

Cheers,
Nathan

That is really friggin cool, you rock man!

Many thanks guys! It's fun stuff to do and seems to keep me out of trouble and off the streets!

Back