MMS 139 Resident Evil Afterlife Alice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMS 139 Resident Evil Afterlife Alice?

I have no doubt that HT has the license for Milla Jovovich likeness. I guess it's currently in the approval stages.

But with two stunning headsculpt (ChrisTaylor, Barnes) under her belt already, I have no doubt this new female sculptor will delivers.

With any luck, you're correct, But it's my understanding that Milla's rights are night-impossable to get.

Time wil tel....

Hope you're correct.

With any luck, you're correct, But it's my understanding that Milla's rights are night-impossable to get.

Time wil tel....

Hope you're correct.
Why do you say Mila's rights are hard to get? I dont see the point of them making an Alice figure if they cant get her rights. I did wonder why they had her facing the back instead of the front tho.

Why do you say Mila's rights are hard to get? I dont see the point of them making an Alice figure if they cant get her rights. I did wonder why they had her facing the back instead of the front tho.

I think someone mentioned before maybe she has final approval rights on her likeness and she has not approved it yet.

I don't think she does. When Hot Toys announced that they got the rights for Resident Evil Afterlife, I asked Milla on Twitter if she could post any news about her first ever action figure and she said this to me.

"MillaJovovich: @xXdirtydaleXx I don't know! Mayb! U probably know more than I do at this point! Working so much, I'm kind of out of the loop!"

I don't think she does. When Hot Toys announced that they got the rights for Resident Evil Afterlife, I asked Milla on Twitter if she could post any news about her first ever action figure and she said this to me.

"MillaJovovich: @xXdirtydaleXx I don't know! Mayb! U probably know more than I do at this point! Working so much, I'm kind of out of the loop!"
That sucks if its true.

It's not just her, i think part of it is some makeup company has her rights? It's been tossed around on a few forums ( here, OSW, etc) that hers are difficult to get.

considering how long ago they announced the resident evil figures, and how long it was till we saw this, Perhaps they got it.

it is worth pointing out, as well, that hot toys DOES have a history of releasing wanted, desired figures without accuiring the licensing Rights to the actor's face.

So, if they do this with Milla, it will not be the first time.

I don't personally think that Alice from the Resident Evil movies is iconic enough to be very desirable without Milla Jovovich's likeness. I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens with it.

I like that she responded to you though!

I don't personally think that Alice from the Resident Evil movies is iconic enough to be very desirable without Milla Jovovich's likeness. I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens with it.
Me either I hope they got it.

If they didn't, I don't know why they would have even bothered making a figure of her.

This:lecture Not to mention Milla's likeness alone I'm sure is a major selling point for the figure, and if it doesn't have her likeness, I don't see this selling well at all.

^ yeah...

I believe HT already said they had the likeness rights though so it shouldn't be an issue. Plus they got Song Hye Hyun working on the sculpt (she did the platoon sculpts) so I'm looking forward to it being pretty darn good.

Why would they bother making a figure if it doesn't look like the actor/actress? That makes no sense.

If the word was right that they're planning on doing four Alice figures, attempting that without having the actress's likeness rights would be ill-advised, imo.

If the word was right that they're planning on doing four Alice figures, attempting that without having the actress's likeness rights would be ill-advised, imo.
I believe HT already said they had the likeness rights though so it shouldn't be an issue.
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

WHERE IS MY BABE HOTTOYS?????????????

Last edited:

Can you imagine IF HT make The Executioner? He will be bigger, taller than Predator.

snapshot20101.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back