MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clothes on this one are just so out of date and poorly tailored, that there's just no use for them. I tried the jacket on another body just to see, and it still doesn't work. This is 2009 era Matty Collector quality. I can already tell the material itself won't last. I'll scavenge the viable parts and heads and use top to bottom different clothing if this one gets displayed. I already started modding another DiD A-2 jacket. For anyone looking for an excellent quality flightsuit, the DiD one from their Top Gun Maverick figure can't be beat.

The DID flight suit is the wrong design, but nevertheless having just tested an old BBI version of the same suit it already looks so much better, even though it misses the zips that are a characteristic of MacReady's.

The colour looks better being a more faded olive than Mondo's darker green, and the extra width at the hems is enough to fold inside itself so that the legs blouse over the boots comfortably. (Mondo's boots are too tight to actually tuck the material inside them).

Ideally he'd have actual lace up boots as well to complete the scruffy look:

ThingKR-CX-Boots.jpg

As I've written before I really like Mondo's jacket after working on it, which is something I never dreamed I'd be saying.

So, now with the BBI flight suit...

IMG_4229.JPG
IMG_4232.JPG

IMG_4234.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah I was checking out various flight suits on ebay but don't see anything good at the moment. I did order some leather combat boots though to replace those awful plastic ones.

So far I haven't done much but throw it on an old generic body, but it's already made a huge improvement I think.

20240920_121502x.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I was checking out various flight suits on ebay but don't see anything good at the moment. I did order some leather combat boots though to replace those awful plastic ones.

So far I haven't done much but throw it on an old generic body, but it's already made a huge improvement I think.

View attachment 726852
Already a massive improvement with body swap as expected. The body is 80% of the problem with the Mondo figure

I finally got mine. Have not opened. Those hand pegs look a bit "thin" and easily to break???

Also, what body is recommended that will easily work?

Back