Mondo: They Live, Nada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did Mondo switch to DHL?

They used to ship with UPS about a year or two ago.

DHL must be cheaper I’d guess. And I think all the figures are shipped direct from China to our homes now - not sure about before.
I need Nada to go to the Mondo office and start going off: "Well when you get some kind of master plan, you let me know, HUH?!?"

Why did Mondo switch to DHL?

They used to ship with UPS about a year or two ago.

DHL must be cheaper I’d guess. And I think all the figures are shipped direct from China to our homes now - not sure about before.

I've gotten the impression from a few collectors in China that DHL is the most reliable in the bulk of the world. I've been asked repeatedly to ship DHL but it's a pain for me so I don't.

I would guess, like many companies now that sell China made stuff, it's easier to just drop ship from the factory to save the cost of shipping and handling twice.

How did you get around country ordering limitation?
I can't answer for Burnside but, he might be going through a shipping proxy service. You buy something through them, the item is sent to their warehouse then they ship it to you. They can even consolidate a number of recent orders into one shipment. I've used one to get stuff from Japan, easy to use.

I need Nada to go to the Mondo office and start going off: "Well when you get some kind of master plan, you let me know, HUH?!?"
I'm pretty sure since Funko took over that's when the switch happened that's what I noticed anyway and a few other people said the same thing.

This is the best Nada figure relase or will be released in the future. I don't see the doll thing. I think Roddy was a very buff man in that movie. Maybe if I rewatch it again, saw it this year 4K, I will change my attitude.

It's looks fine to me. Is it 250 fine, no, no figure is, not even hot toys I think is worth their asking price outside of a few pieces. This should be another 200-220 dollar release...I dislike the price point.

If Threezero Rambo can cost 199, so can many other 1/6 scale figs. I own those Rambo figures ant they are great. The Part 2 upper torso seems like a more rugged silicone than say Phicene. Amazing for 199 USD.

Last edited:
I'd have put money on the reason being that the rest of the world didn't want another Mondo 1/6 clothed figure yet. :monkey3

MacReady figures were rushed to Europe at lightning speed, and were accepted without question.

Having taken more time to assess the quality of the figure North America decided, "Hell, no!", and sent them back to China. :monkey3 :monkey3

I ordered John Nada through a friend in USA. Couldnt pass on this guy. Looks like they will release a figure not timed, without the glasses (with alien reflection) and the alternative sculpt. I would have prefered another John Nada expresion. The thing is, when? after the timed edition?

Now waiting for Mondo to deliver the regular Macready . Why didnt they ship it with the timed one? Release date is supossed to be September

The They Live NADA box packaging uses a Lenticular artwork- Awesome
1726002663399.jpeg

1726002649339.jpeg

Back